Now testing Adam's preset

Jack Sawyer

P3D v4 - Orbx Global, Orbx NZ - First weather was Orbx #4 then AS4 - Mark Abdey was very kind to help me with a preset but since I'm so fickle  Decided to test Adam's.

Decisions decisions.

I was astonished to see I didn't have to adjust my HDR as Adam had somehow told PTA 2.5 to do it on its own.

This is the Orbx default NZMF and just flying around.

RpYzXHL.jpg

lcJwG1L.jpg

8bG7xEx.jpg

TffYfH2.jpg

MUfRnsO.jpg

AS4 weather on, must be raining there right now.

igghTIs.jpg

wcWAfu9.jpg

wscWwud.jpg

BgfzTpN.jpg

MiY0K6j.jpg

N0EFF5T.jpg

CP Cinematic view, I think it's cool the way they do this.

ZJEKkn5.jpg

3fhjS0H.jpg

lXBXFpt.jpg

xGM7XzE.jpg

2 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

I think these shotz come along very naturally! Well done Jack!

Thank you Erik!  It's all Adam though.  He gets the credit.  Wish I had REX though.

1 hour ago, GHaukland said:

Ah, what a lovely bird, sir, yes, very lovely indeed. :P

Thank you.

46 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Why am I not surprised to see a yellow plane here?

Why am I surprised to learn about "CP Cinematic view" - what is that on that glorious picture?

:lol:  Am I that predictable?  I only did it to show Adam but I do like it.  I don't understand what you mean what's on that picture Gerold.  It's Chase Plane in Cinematic mode which is rather neat. 

Well done, Jack - great shots: you appear to have "ticked all the boxes":

1) My favourite FTX area.

2) My favourite A2A aircraft.

3) It's yellow (but sadly not NZ1078!).

4) Using my preset (!!).

I'm still a little undecided about the *exact* HDR settings (still fiddling) ... but I won't get a definitive set of settings until I install a P3Dv4-compatible weather textures program. I'm holding out for SkyfarceTM 3D, but am constantly tempted to at least try FEX/REX as they are (after backing up my textures of course!). Hmmm ... maybe I'll just wait!

BTW - I also got ChasePlane. What an *amazing* piece of software! It really is the "Swiss Army Knife" of view systems - and so easy to use!

Adam.

6 hours ago, fly37 said:

Great shot, super signature Jack!

Thanks Gianni!

5 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

He Jack nice screen as i see an AI ship ..

welldone

Patrick

Thanks Patrick, yes, I should have gone down to take a look at it.  They're so cool to see moving along in the sim.

4 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Well done, Jack - great shots: you appear to have "ticked all the boxes":

1) My favourite FTX area.

2) My favourite A2A aircraft.

3) It's yellow (but sadly not NZ1078!).

4) Using my preset (!!).

I'm still a little undecided about the *exact* HDR settings (still fiddling) ... but I won't get a definitive set of settings until I install a P3Dv4-compatible weather textures program. I'm holding out for SkyfarceTM 3D, but am constantly tempted to at least try FEX/REX as they are (after backing up my textures of course!). Hmmm ... maybe I'll just wait!

BTW - I also got ChasePlane. What an *amazing* piece of software! It really is the "Swiss Army Knife" of view systems - and so easy to use!

Adam.

Thanks Adam, the skies are a little too bright blue but in 3.4 I have REX TD HD and I used Iain's REX theme and I love it, unfortunately it's not ready for V4 yet.

The reason I did this was because I wanted to use the same scenario you did.  Yellow plane, New Zealand which I think had the best looking trees in all of Orbx-land.

2 hours ago, BradB said:

Yep pretty well ticked all of my boxes also Jack , except where is the lady in the red dress . B):P:lol:

Cheers

John

Thanks John, she was back at the FBO, she was filling out paperwork for the inevitable fine I'd be getting for going inverted. :P

43 minutes ago, adambar said:

Top notch set there Jack! :)

Thank you Adam!

3 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

Nice shots Jack with your customary upside down view! Do you have a sick bag in the cockpit?

Where did you get Iain's settings from, as i would like to try them?

Thanks JJ!  Yep, always keep one handy, I have a few real ones laying around from working the 767's.

Here's Iain's settings, they're marvelous!

Looking very nice Jack... B)

6 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

I'm holding out for SkyfarceTM 3D

I didn't know they had changed the name Adam :lol:

I'm looking forward to it to... it's been a long time coming, and never seems to get any closer.

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Three weeks since I have posted and nothing much has changed.

Yellow plane usd, can only be one person.

Wonderful pics Jack

Thanks Martyn!  I'm laughing out loud, I'm glad you like my fun.  I have "real" flights but you know how I am, I like to be silly sometimes.

7 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

Looking very nice Jack... B)

I didn't know they had changed the name Adam :lol:

I'm looking forward to it to... it's been a long time coming, and never seems to get any closer.

Thanks Mark.  

2 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Well nice shots  Jack you have done it again you just cant help your self going upside down one consolation it is a yellow plane and you are happy regards stewart

Thanks Stewart!  Nope, can't help it.  Someone has to do it. :P

1 minute ago, ruudmeij said:

Great shots Jack I really love PTA can't fly without anymore.

Cheers,

Ruud

Thanks Ruud!  I hope you can understand it, it's a lot of learning for me.  But I'm trying to do searches on these terms and learn it but it's a slog, this is why I like other people's presets.  Like Matt Davies says in his video, he reckons about 90% of people will just use presets.  A person really has to be dedicated to learning this program.

22 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I don't understand what you mean what's on that picture Gerold.  It's Chase Plane in Cinematic mode which is rather neat. 

It is simply a great looking perspective, I suspected a secret behing it... B)

10 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

It is simply a great looking perspective, I suspected a secret behing it... B)

No secret, it's so nice to use CP, in cinematic mode you can just let any plane fly and it will slowly pan around so sometimes you see the plane and sky, others the plane and the beautiful Orbx-land below.  It's very creative.

Just now, olderndirt said:

Looking at those makes we wonder how they'll look in Aerofly - in 2019.  Didn't know Adam had a 'preset' - hope it wasn't serious.

:lol: A preset OnD is the PTA preset for P3D.  What's this about 2019, that a long time from now.  Is that the release schedule for Aerofly?  I'm going to be buying it this fall as I like the way it looks and like the way Orbx is supporting it.

I hope I read correctly where Mr. JV said the sim itself might be available on Orbx Direct.  I like buying that way, it's easy to buy and install and updates are a breeze.

Based on the "slow but sure" progress made thus far and assuming, as Orbx creates FS2 specific sceneries they'll reach Oceania, 2019 sounds like a fair estimate.  JV may well sense that this one's a winner - his track record's been fairly good. 

2 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Based on the "slow but sure" progress made thus far and assuming, as Orbx creates FS2 specific sceneries they'll reach Oceania, 2019 sounds like a fair estimate.  JV may well sense that this one's a winner - his track record's been fairly good. 

I dunno, it seems to me, and I'm probably wrong but a pattern emerges to my eye that when they create a system it moves very quickly.  

One thing is for sure, Mr. JV knows this business, he'll be providing Orbx's for FSX, FSX SE, P3D 3 and 4, and Aerofly's new sim.  Did I miss anything?  Oh, Dovetail Game's new sim too right?

That's pretty smart in my opinion.

Archived