Enjoying Australia

Flew from YMLT - Launceston to YPDO - Devonport to YWYY - Wynyard.

Orbx Australia, Global, Vector, Trees, freeware.

Had a lot of fun exploring Australia.

pXIW71c.jpg

khxU1Lx.jpg

24CBoEX.jpg

JVXCxSK.jpg

g3DbINA.jpg

RoEmYnw.jpg

9ZttIkU.jpg

t7Xdrxe.jpg

Oj5L0wj.jpg

jxuqKRs.jpg

GySvZ2c.jpg

GKoDPUN.jpg

6EDCRbW.jpg

ypTurw4.jpg

UjEU9sj.jpg

2r9Gmby.jpg

5lZxpIJ.jpg

w49TVu8.jpg

vogAdN7.jpg

p3mVaZY.jpg

XLMeSlb.jpg

7pOhgDp.jpg

EiIxXo7.jpg

TTmtyPo.jpg

PSbRmkK.jpg

LeDIZJA.jpg

m6KJUmQ.jpg

bKq4Urk.jpg

10 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Nice shots, were you trying to impress the lady with that vertical flying?!

Thanks Francois, yes, she asked me to do it. :D

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Glorious set Jack with some very familiar and scenic countryside.

Thanks Martyn, I wish it was familiar to me in real life.  It's beautiful.

9 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Jack! That looked like a great flight! :)

Thanks Paul, it was, I loved it.

9 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

8 hours ago, tom2rific said:

well Jack....I reckon you have flown more of Australia (at all angles) than I have...

and I live here !    :lol:

I dunno Tom, I have a long way to go and it's a huge country but I'm trying.  I wonder why Orbx never created a Sydney airport though?

2 hours ago, jury42 said:

Very nice set!!!

Thanks Jury!

1 hour ago, BigThie said:

When I saw that vertical one, I heard the stall horn go off in the back of my mind - nice pics :)

Actually the stall warning horn never went off, I had plenty of speed so it was all good.  Thanks BigThie!

46 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Marvelous captures amongst beautiful landscape! One particular screenie that seems strange enough for me ;)

Thanks Erik!  I wonder what one that was? :P

Had a lot of fun exploring Australia ... I hope your not done Jack . You have just scratched the surface , Gerold (Stillwater) has been flying around there for years . ;):rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

20 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I wonder why Orbx never created a Sydney airport though?

agree...if they did it would be amazing ...even more so if they included Sydney harbour which is not that far away...

then definitely a best seller   :) 

6 hours ago, BradB said:

Had a lot of fun exploring Australia ... I hope your not done Jack . You have just scratched the surface , Gerold (Stillwater) has been flying around there for years . ;):rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

Not even close to being done, not as good as Gerold with his landmark skills but it's very much a lot of fun.  I have way too much exploring to do yet.  And I can't believe how diverse this country is, I love it.

4 hours ago, stewart1 said:

very nice set of screen shots  Jack are you ok no upside down shot, and I think you will be having withdrawal symptoms not being a yellow plane regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, this time I wanted an Australian flagged plane and there were no yellow ones out there.  And I have no idea how to repaint anyway.  But yellow and inverted will be back very soon.

4 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Nice one's Jack, I was wondering who was making that

menacing noise above.:D

cheers

Gumby

It was me Gumby!  If I knew you were down below I'd have dropped a case of beer on a parachute. :P

1 hour ago, tom2rific said:

agree...if they did it would be amazing ...even more so if they included Sydney harbour which is not that far away...

then definitely a best seller   :) 

So you live close to Sydney Tom, how extremely fortunate for you my friend.  I'll trade places any day.  I loathe it here but I'm forced to stay for medical and other reasons.  :angry:

agree, I am very fortunate..just 2 hrs drive south of Sydney in Berry (a popular tourist destination) and only 5 mins drive to 7 mile beach (used by Sir Charles Kingsford Smith as the runway for the first commercial flight between Australia and New Zealand in 1933).

So sorry to hear you're not very happy where you are Jack...but then, at least we can go and fly wherever we want to..  :)

On 5/29/2017 at 2:52 AM, BradB said:

Cheers

John

Thanks John, nope, not by a long shot.  Australia is so different than Alaska or the PNW.  I love it.

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Awesome set of shots Jack! :)

Thanks again my friend!

6 hours ago, tom2rific said:

agree, I am very fortunate..just 2 hrs drive south of Sydney in Berry (a popular tourist destination) and only 5 mins drive to 7 mile beach (used by Sir Charles Kingsford Smith as the runway for the first commercial flight between Australia and New Zealand in 1933).

So sorry to hear you're not very happy where you are Jack...but then, at least we can go and fly wherever we want to..  :)

Well Tom, I'd say you have it made.  Not all of get to live so close to something you see in photos all the time.  I mean Sydney is iconic.  Someday if I ever get the chance I'm going there.

I read about Mr. Smith in one of my aviation books.

No, I'm not very happy here, I wish I was back in Idaho, there's a lot to do there.  Here no so much.

guess us old fellas are all starting to have these feelings (I'm 66) ..is what it is,

Idaho must have been a very good place for you at the time..

that was then..now we are here..

gets a little out of our control in this new interconnected cyberworld that we live in...

but it is inevitable and so while we are here...oh gosh...it's late..

and I'm rambling...

18 minutes ago, tom2rific said:

guess us old fellas are all starting to have these feelings (I'm 66) ..is what it is,

Idaho must have been a very good place for you at the time..

that was then..now we are here..

gets a little out of our control in this new interconnected cyberworld that we live in...

but it is inevitable and so while we are here...oh gosh...it's late..

and I'm rambling...

I have fun hiking in the forest so it's not all bad.  But Idaho is beautiful, I used to go snow skiing, water skiing, fishing, riding my motorcycle all over the place, visiting ghost towns, camping, flying hot air balloons, flying 172's with friends, all kinds of good stuff.  I'll be 58 in July and don't feel old, yet.  I try to stay in shape by hiking 10.05 kilometers a day or every other day depending on weather.  But overall, it's dull here. 

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

But Idaho is beautiful, I used to go snow skiing, water skiing, fishing, riding my motorcycle all over the place, visiting ghost towns, camping, flying hot air balloons, flying 172's with friends, all kinds of good stuff

wonderful memories you have Jack...I try to do 10 km a day, usually manage less....but sometimes get there..

and what a life you and we all have had...and (hopefully) bit more to come....certainly in the most interesting of times

58...your best years are ahead of you Jack

Just now, tom2rific said:

wonderful memories you have Jack...I try to do 10 km a day, usually manage less....but sometimes get there..

and what a life you and we all have had...and (hopefully) bit more to come....certainly in the most interesting of times

58...your best years are ahead of you Jack

Thanks for your kind words Tom!  It's storming again today and I'm waiting for V4 so I may have to hit the exercise bike.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎5‎/‎2560 at 1:52 PM, BradB said:

Gerold (Stillwater) has been flying around there for years . ;):rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

Hi John, that is because Gerold has a rubbish GPS and can't find his way home!:lol::lol::wacko:

7 hours ago, Pat Cox (Aussieman) said:

Great shots mate but I noticed that Devonport looked a little bare. Suggest you hop on over to OZX and download http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/5983-ozx-ydpo-devonport/  also while your are there check out the other great Aussie freeware airports available.

Hi Pat, thanks for the link but there's so many files besides this one with the libraries and all, kind of too much.  This is why I like FTX Central so much, it makes it real easy for a neophyte like me to just set it and forget it.  I'll have to really look at it though in a few minutes to see what's required.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Pat, thanks for the link but there's so many files besides this one with the libraries and all, kind of too much.  This is why I like FTX Central so much, it makes it real easy for a neophyte like me to just set it and forget it.  I'll have to really look at it though in a few minutes to see what's required.

Hi Jack it's easy to do

download all the Folder .

place all  in a folder that you creat with name OZx scenry "for exemple"

unzip all , one by one in it

and proceed step by step to install every folder sceneries  have a number

go to your P3D menu World /library , and add aréa ...........OZx libraries above

and that all .

For me it's more easy i activate add area in v4 from v3.4 .....

Patrick

I have to repeat my mates here: Great shots of a great area, @Ken Halls home turf! And indeed you should try to install the OZx packs (which include Ken´s Wynyard airport) and the recent OZx_YDPO. Gives you wings!

On 29.5.2017 at 8:52 AM, BradB said:

Cheers

John

Correct. And just because that little island is so nice...

15 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Hi John, that is because Gerold has a rubbish GPS and can't find his way home!:lol::lol::wacko:

Sorry, Martyn, no GPS works in the wilderness state, it is just too far away from the rest of the world. But I probably won´t need one down there...;)

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

have to repeat my mates here: Great shots of a great area, @Ken Halls home turf! And indeed you should try to install the OZx packs (which include Ken´s Wynyard airport) and the recent OZx_YDPO. Gives you wings!

I tried many times Gerold and it's simply too much work for me and I don't want to mess anything up.  I'm spoiled on the FTX installers.  All those files you have to download and sort through and then update and it's all a bug mess to me.  And add to the library somehow.  I was fortunate to have Daniel Moser log in and install FremeshX for me, I never in a trillion years would have figured it out.

7 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Sorry, Martyn, no GPS works in the wilderness state, it is just too far away from the rest of the world. But I probably won´t need one down there...;)

I shall share some local knowledge to help you get home Gerold. Head north from Tassie and when you look down and see primitive life such as grass huts, people running around with spears, with bows and arrows, then you know you have reached Dubbo.:o

Archived