LSGK Saanen - a closer look

I had this airport before from Flylogic I believe, but no longer compatible with p3d3. Looking forward to this, which looks awesome. As a Swiss, I'm always happy to see airfields in my country. There are so many fields but almost no people creating content for Switzerland. Good job!

Marvelous character built into this scenery Sylvain, very nice job. I really like all the little touches like the rusty roof panels, the cement and tarmac cracks and patch jobs, the cows....one really feels like you can smell the grass, the fresh mountain Swiss air (yes, I have been there and know what it smells like), hear the buzzing of some summertime insect flying around, a few birds chirping...and then, in the distance, the drone of a light, single engine aircraft coming in for approach and landing. I can even imagine the light plane landing, taxiing to a parking spot there by the tower and hangar, and then when the engine is shut down, the return to the valley quiet...that lone bug buzzing, the birds chirping again....ah, time for a cold beer in the shade....

Like I said, nice character Sylvain :D

8 minutes ago, mikced76 said:

For us that want to use photoscenery throughout the country, does it blend well with the Switzerland Professional package?  

Hi,

The scenery is designed to blend with FTX Global + OpenLC Europe + FTX Vector. The photoreal has 4 season variants (spring, summer, fall and Hard winter).

I don't have Switzerland pro installed so I can't say how it blends.

5 hours ago, mikced76 said:

Oh, you should really try it Sylvain. Quality photoscenery with autogen is the future in my humble opinion and especially for a whole country. Landclass based textures is so "2016" :) Although a little on the expensive side this one unfortunately but man does it make a big difference!

Uh I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with that assessment of Switzerland Pro. It is ancient by software standards, the imagery used is almost 20 years old, it is low resolution, too bright and it's colouring is way off in certain parts of the country. Autogen is quite sparsely distributed too and there's no real night texturing.

So in my opinion it is hugely inferior to ORBX technology and just doesn't look right anymore these days. The software hasn't been updated in almost a decade and the publisher doesn't see a need for an update. 

Yes it was good back in the days when it was released. But it is WAY behind todays scenery design standards, so anyone expecting ORBX standards with this one will be disappointed. 

That being said, I'll take a FTX Switzerland any day!

Hi Folks,

Spectacular scenery... There is a good Falcon 50 under development - not aware of any 7x... I'm not sure if the performance numbers of the 50 compare well to the 7x either...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived