11 hours ago, Ripcord said:

You misspelled harbor, but the rest looks like it is right up to par! 

The Aeroplane lands in the Harbour in the Centre one Kilometre from shore and the conditions were Favourable

(Now look what you started) :D

1 hour ago, Matthew Kane said:

The Aeroplane lands in the Harbour in the Centre one Kilometre from shore and the conditions were Favourable

On board, amongst other necessities, the Moustached pilot had Aluminium panels, 20 Litres of water and a Multimeter in case of any needed repairs. :lol:

In case anyone else wants a go, here's a list;  It's a long one:

http://www.tysto.com/uk-us-spelling-list.html

Cheers,

4 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

One more :D:

The blue coloured Aeroplane lands in the Harbour in the Centre one Kilometre from shore and the conditions were Favourable.

That looks absolutely awsome!!

But may I second the question about the sloped runway? I've heard this would be one of the challenges of this airfield. So far the runway looks quite flat. Maybe an option for it like it is in ORBX' Sumburgh scenery? 

I'm interested in this scenery, but as others have said the sloped runway is necessary to capture the essence of landing here.  Aerosoft did a good job in that regard and landing on a pure flat runway would be really disappointing.  This video depicts the slope and challenge of it

Thanks for the kind words all, its not far away now, just doing the final touches

Regarding sloped runways, not with this project, instead we offer full AI support, HD groundpoly, volumetric grass, and full compatibility with other 3rd party products that rely on an APX, FSPassengers for example, if thats not your cup of tea then by all means stick with the other version!

Kind regards, Tim

50 minutes ago, Tim Harris said:

Thanks for the kind words all, its not far away now, just doing the final touches

Regarding sloped runways, not with this project, instead we offer full AI support, HD groundpoly, volumetric grass, and full compatibility with other 3rd party products that rely on an APX, FSPassengers for example, if thats not your cup of tea then by all means stick with the other version!

Kind regards, Tim

Hi Tim, this is NOT a complaint, just a question and maybe a suggestion, please don't get me wrong!

The above video captured most of the essence of how is landing on a sloped runway, this is how we do in real life and I miss this a lot in FS world. Some sloped runways makes operations a lot more challenging than a flat one.

I am just asking, is it too demanding, or time consuming to create a SLOPED version as an option in the menu, and the FLAT version for those who wish to have AI on the Island? I doubt people would see much of AI there, and in my personal opinion, I'm 1000x more inclined to chose slope x AI.

And no, even if it's 100% flat, I will still buy it and not stick with the "other version".

Best regards,

Rafael

16 hours ago, Tim Harris said:

Kind regards, Tim

That's too bad.  You guys go to all the effort of capturing the feel and atmosphere of the island, and don't do the most distinct thing about the airport that you're modeling.  And I KNOW you guys can do it, because you've got sloped runways in other packages... 

It's a curious omission.

The Tapini package has a severely sloped runway (as does CA21) so it can be done with KAVX.  Frankly, this oversight is totally unacceptable because it ignores a key characteristic of the airport...and a challenge for jet pilots.  This is akin to leaving the Golden Gate Bridge out of San Francisco, yet saying the rest is accurate and beautifully modeled.  ORBX, this is a very bad precedent.

1 hour ago, Karl Wolff said:

The Tapini package has a severely sloped runway (as does CA21) so it can be done with KAVX.  Frankly, this oversight is totally unacceptable because it ignores a key characteristic of the airport...and a challenge for jet pilots.  This is akin to leaving the Golden Gate Bridge out of San Francisco, yet saying the rest is accurate and beautifully modeled.  ORBX, this is a very bad precedent.

Karl, let's keep this respectable. No need to attack Orbx. It isn't an oversight. It's a choice, so it is very acceptable. Tapini is a whole different animal altogether - a vast majority of those grass/dirt strips literally sit on a sloped hill. It's bush flying at its most challenging. Plus, there are no AI traffic to deal with. I can assure you Tim and Ken know what they are doing. Many more customers will prefer to have AI traffic than a sloped runway, so the decision to not include a sloped runway option is one of practicality and economy. I understand you may want a sloped runway, but there is no need to get personal because you don't get what you want.

Just now, Finni Hansen said:

Peoples demands never stop amazing me..

Make sloped runway - people complain about No AI. Make airport with AI - people complain about No slope!!

Sent fra min HUAWEI VNS-L31 via Tapatalk

I could not agree more Finn.

2 hours ago, Karl Wolff said:

If i like something i buy it.

If i do not like something i do not buy it.

It is very easy..........No need to complain or moan, saves me a lot of hassle.

I likes it so i am buying it.

Well, I'm sure it will still be a wonderful scenery. However, if even airports like Ketchikan and Sumburgh offer an option for sloped runways (having the choice is a very good solution in my opinion, but certainly also a complicated and time consuming one), I'm really surprised Catalina won't have it, as it's quite famous for its runway. Didn't think AI traffic would be so important there.

It will certainly be worth buying it anyway. My only fears are the possible OOM's while approaching KLAX... But that's a problem of Catalina's location, not of the scenery design.

21 hours ago, zazaboeing said:

Hi Tim, this is NOT a complaint, just a question and maybe a suggestion, please don't get me wrong!

The above video captured most of the essence of how is landing on a sloped runway, this is how we do in real life and I miss this a lot in FS world. Some sloped runways makes operations a lot more challenging than a flat one.

I am just asking, is it too demanding, or time consuming to create a SLOPED version as an option in the menu, and the FLAT version for those who wish to have AI on the Island? I doubt people would see much of AI there, and in my personal opinion, I'm 1000x more inclined to chose slope x AI.

And no, even if it's 100% flat, I will still buy it and not stick with the "other version".

Best regards,

Rafael

I for one completely agree that there has to be a slopped runway option with this one. Just a checkbox in FTX Central to enable to disable sloped runway which in turn affects AI. This will satisfy both groups of eager folks waiting to give Orbx all our life savings. Personally, I do not care for AI so I'd prefer a sloped runway for the immersion.

And on another note, how with performance fair with this package and Orbx SoCal? I asked simply because SoCal is way tooooooo FPS heavy or regular use, especially around the LA, OC, and San Diego areas. It is simply impossible to fly there, at least in my multiple unlocked screen setup. How will SoCal affect performance with this package?

It might appear to the user that a simple 'on/off checkbox' is all there is to it. But in fact it requires a LOT of work, with different apx files, ground polygons, flattens and placement of buildings and vegetation. A simple checkbox won't do the trick..

There Are fans on both sides of the AI vs slope discussions, and you really cannot please everyone. The choice has been made by the developers, and choices will have to be made by the customer wether they want to purchase or not :)

On a nice VFR weekend day there is a lot of GA aircraft landing and taking off at KAVX, so having AI flying in and out of this strip will make it more challenging than having a sloped runway.....just my opinion. When I have flown from KSNA to KAVX I'm more concerned with other traffic than negotiating the sloped runway, once you have landed their the sloped runway becomes no big deal. But folks trying to fly straight  in for RWY22 instead of flying the pattern can cause havoc....

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, after many very long days and nights toiling away in isolation its great to be able to show it off finally 

And also thank you for all the support along the way with our experience packs, it has been a fun journey, but this is probably our last for a while

Cheers, Tim

6 hours ago, Todd Harrell said:

Karl, let's keep this respectable. No need to attack Orbx. It isn't an oversight. It's a choice, so it is very acceptable. Tapini is a whole different animal altogether - a vast majority of those grass/dirt strips literally sit on a sloped hill. It's bush flying at its most challenging. Plus, there are no AI traffic to deal with. I can assure you Tim and Ken know what they are doing. Many more customers will prefer to have AI traffic than a sloped runway, so the decision to not include a sloped runway option is one of practicality and economy. I understand you may want a sloped runway, but there is no need to get personal because you don't get what you want.

First post.  Can't wait to read the next one.

3 hours ago, Finni Hansen said:

It might appear to the user that a simple 'on/off checkbox' is all there is to it. But in fact it requires a LOT of work, with different apx files, ground polygons, flattens and placement of buildings and vegetation. A simple checkbox won't do the trick..

There Are fans on both sides of the AI vs slope discussions, and you really cannot please everyone. The choice has been made by the developers, and choices will have to be made by the customer wether they want to purchase or not :)

True.  I thought it might be possible to toggle this feature, but I didn't realize so many files might be involved here.

So if we agree, then, that it is indeed a tradeoff here between AI and slope, then it is true, the developer gets to choose. 

That said, I suppose it makes sense to consider the context of the airport (which I am sure they do).  In areas where there are not that many scheduled flights (like in far North of Norway) then there is little point to worry about AI.  In areas like this in So Cal, near LA, that is not the case, as Martin points out.  Plus there is not a huge slope that we are dealing with here anyway, only about 52 feet from end to end.  Is this airport really that famous for this slope?  I wasn't aware.  Every airport has 'some' degree of slope in the real world.

9 hours ago, Tim Harris said:

but this is probably our last for a while

Tim, as one who has bought and love your products....one can only hope for your rejuvenated return and good work in the future, hope the constant bickering for what should be included or shouldn't be in your projects wasn't part of the reason..

wish you all the best for the xmas break if you get one and as Jack said...

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

All I wanna know is when can I buy this, Innsbruck, and Buildings.

cheers   :)

• 1 month later...

Archived