openLC USA/Mexico beta screenshot requests here please

Hello everyone,

We're just about to begin testing openLC USA/Mexico (including Hawaii/Caribbean). I know most of you are anxiously awaiting beta screenshots and we're just waiting on final testing of FTX Central V2.1 (which openLC USA depends on) before it goes into tester's hands.

To allow testers and our screenshots team to focus on areas which matter to you, please can you make specific screenshot requests into this topic only.

We will need the following information per request:

1. ICAO airport code that exists in the sim closest to your requested location (i.e. the airport code must be selectable in FSX or P3D)

2. A specific request for a view near that airport

For example:

1. KJQF Concord Regional Airport, North Carolina

2. The view to the north of the airport overlooking the Don T. Howell Reservoir

Using this approach we can try to provide very specific results for requests. Please be aware though, if you want to try to "see your own house" in openLC USA/Mexico you're going to be disappointed. This is a landclass-based scenery product, not photoreal. Whilst you will recognise motorways and shapes of towns, golf courses, railways etc, it always only going to be a facsimile of what is there in real life, although vastly better than default.

Can we limit requests to one per forum member at this stage please?  Add your requests below this post and any other discussion, non request related posts will be deleted by moderators. This topic is for requests only, not discussion.

Finally, a request does not guarantee a screenshot, please don't flame us if we can't get around to all requests.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, briansommers said:

KSRQ Sarasota Florida

looking northeast

Beat me to it! lol

I will ill ask for KSHV Shreveport regional airport with the view looking towards downtown Shreveport / bossier city

I would like to see KSAN (San Diego) and the surrounding area like Balboa Park, San Diego Bay and North Island Airstation.

Bill Clark

That area is already covered by FTX Southern California and won't see any improvement with openLC.

Screenshot requests should be outside current FTX regions coverage.

16 minutes ago, John Venema said:

That area is already covered by FTX Southern California and won't see any improvement with openLC.

What about for those like me that do not own - as of yet - FTX Southern California.  I believe that his request is definitely relevant and I too would like to see screenshots of the KSAN area.  I have bought a lot of ORBX stuff myself but I wouldn't take the assumption we all own ALL FTX regions.

KALS San Luis Valley Regl/Bergman, Alamosa, Colorado, United States
The view looking East and about 20nm NorthEast the Great Dunes National park.

Currently in FTXG, the valley floor is lush with trees as this is not the case in RL. The entire valley coming up from New Mexico gets little rain and many clear sky days so its all just knee high scrub brush for as far as the eye can see. As a matter of fact it did have the worlds largest solar plant when it was built in 2012
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alamosa_Solar_Generating_Project which might make a good POI. https://www.google.com/maps/place/37%C2%B035'54.0%22N+105%C2%B057'07.0%22W/@37.598333,-105.951944,3845m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0?hl=en

Another POI is the Great Dunes national Park which is this weird giant green grass like texture in FTXG. We dont need the dunes so much but at least a better texture file for it other than grass.

Thanks for allowing us to post request.

Would like to  see a Screenshot of KRWL  just to see if the city is the approximate size and there isn't houses scattered all over 

the Mountains surrounding the city.   Population of less than 10,000 but in the sim it looks to be 20 times bigger than it really is.

16 minutes ago, John Venema said: That area is already covered by FTX Southern California and won't see any improvement with openLC.

What about for those like me that do not own - as of yet - FTX Southern California.  I believe that his request is definitely relevant and I too would like to see screenshots of the KSAN area.  I have bought a lot of ORBX stuff myself but I wouldn't take the assumption we all own ALL FTX regions.

The FTX regions will always produce a better solution versus FTX Global and openLC. If you want the best representation of Southern California we already have a product for that. Please understand how our products work together and don't ask for screenshots where we've already produced the best solution possible.

Archived