openLC USA/Mexico beta screenshot requests here please

KMSY -- looking towards about 290 degrees

the area a few miles out is a flooded area with pine trees  and then closer in its a marshy area.  I know that flooded tree areas can exist because Ive seen them in the Australia product.  Id really like to see more marshes and flooded tree areas.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 7:08 PM, KORDATC said:

Since almost everyone is asking for shots of Florida, I will request something different and ask for some shots of the tidal marshlands of SE Georgia.  In particular the area immediately west of Jekyll Island, GA (09J).  Edit: Just read the last paragraph of your initial post.  Sorry, but if I had to choose one request, I'd like to see the Chicagoland area from above as in my first request.

I second the desire to see SE Georgia tidal marshlands. I would also love to see the tidal river area around downtown Savanah and the area just West / North West of KSAV airport. Really looking forward to this product!

On 4/16/2016 at 8:34 AM, pmb said:

Here's another one: Salt Lake City (view over the city towards the mountains).

Kind regards, Michael

While getting this I'd love to see the area NE of KBTF, between the freeway and the mountains... Too much development over the last decade, so the LC should have changed greatly in the area.

2 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

KENV Wendover UT and surrounding area.

I haven't looked at stock but with the surrounding area hear the Bonneville Salt Flats would be a nice one to include.

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:46 AM, KillaBee said:

KBTV, Burlington, Vermont.

City/metropolitan, lake(s) & the Green Mountains.

If possible: continue up to the north part of the state to the Canadian border ( St. Albans  - around 45nm north of Burlington)

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 1:14 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

1) KILM, Wilmington, NC

2) 1500' AGL looking SE, but any view will do.

I made a personal use version of KILM with ADE and once beyond the airport "campus" the default P3d/FSX landclass is wildly divergent from real life, as per Google Maps, etc..

These are both perfect sized airports, and great scenery. KBTV RWY 15 approach should look great coming over Lake Champlain. 33 is also nice going over the Green Mountains. about 30-40nm south there is also Warren/Sugarbush  airport (FAA code 0B7) that does glider rides around the Mad River Valley and the local ski resort.  Would be great to see updates to these areas in the future.

UT03 Hite Airport, (Hanksville) Utah  (airport given for general area location only)

Airport itself is a very small, minor use airport...runway only, no buildings, etc.  Not asking to see the airport itself.  Any view from above the general airport location showing the surrounding Utah Canyonlands National Park (if directly above the airport, a westerly view would include the high plateau to the north with the large river and valley to the south while looking west.)  I'm just really curious how the new OLC/USA landclass will change (if any) areas like Utah desert areas not covered by a full USA west region yet.  Thanks if able for a screenshot.

Hi everyone, just a quick update to let you know that testers now have the initial build installed and I've given them the OK to begin sharing preview shots.

We have nearly 100 requests queued up in this topic so I'm going to lock it for now until we can get through as many as possible.

The first part of testing is focusing on the top half of the USA so if you draw a line from Portland OR to Jacksonville FL the first batch of previews will be roughly above that line.

I'll re-open this topic once we've fulfilled the initial requests.

Archived