may i please know the estimated price for this product? I really want to purchase it once its released since it is a global enhancement for trees all over. Also may i know if this has any fps impact? Now i get smooth fps of 30 almost everywhere except at very populated regions(like EGLL)...i dont want to degrade this smoothness..

thanking you

Those trees look really good!

I'm almost sold (wateing for the price tag ;) )

One question though:

In Spring we have many trees in bloom here in Europe, especially the apple and cherry trees.

Would there be a way to depict this?

Those trees look really good!

I'm almost sold (wateing for the price tag ;) )

One question though:

In Spring we have many trees in bloom here in Europe, especially the apple and cherry trees.

Would there be a way to depict this?

Hi Alex,

Yes, some trees will have blossoms.  There already some blooming trees in the EU regions during spring time, but Trees HD will make them look far more realistic.

And I can assure you that the price will be very reasonable :)

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Alex,

Yes, some trees will have blossoms. There already some blooming trees in the EU regions during spring time, but Trees HD will make them look far more realistic.

And I can assure you that the price will be very reasonable :)

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks, that's really good to hear. I'm very much looking forward to this package!

Is it? I thought from reading the threads on this product that the HD trees are only for ORBX regions. I could be wrong, though.

see..if you have ftx global base..then it will replace the trees all over the globe..any orbx product..trees would be upgraded..thats what i understood...

If current regions are having there trees changed to 'HD Trees', what will future regions and addon airports use? Will they have their own trees as has been the case till now or will they just use existing HD trees or existing Global trees or...? [default pre Orbx trees]?

I am all for eliminating region switching if this has anything to do with that but variety has been the very foundation of Orbx.

We hope to have a solution within a year that eliminates region switching forever. We've been doing R&D on this and some positive results have been found.

I for one would love to offer FTX as a complete switchless solution, so no promises but we're working on it :)

That sounds great, John. Im sure we all look forward to hearing more on that.

Thanks for the reply.

Will the HD Trees product decrease New Zealand's apparently high tree density? OR - can what was done in New Zealand just be done EVERYWHERE! :) It works.

We hope to have a solution within a year that eliminates region switching forever. We've been doing R&D on this and some positive results have been found.

I for one would love to offer FTX as a complete switchless solution, so no promises but we're working on it :)

That sounds great John and very encouraging. I'm sure everyone will have their fingers crossed that it works out OK. It's always good to have something to look forward to, and you and the team sure give us plenty. Thanks. 

I really can't tell the difference between what comes with global and this.  Is there a direct comparison someplace?  

I'll post some comparison shots soon.  Trust me, there's a BIG difference :)

Is it? I thought from reading the threads on this product that the HD trees are only for ORBX regions. I could be wrong, though.

We've added a few features since my first posts in order to simplify things and improve the experience for the maximum number of people.  Trees HD will now replace ALL autogen trees, WORLDWIDE, for EVERYBODY, whether you own Global or not!  In fact, you don't even have to own any other ORBX products; even if you just have plain default FSX or P3D, it will still replace all of your default autogen trees.  Owners of FTX regions will have the added benefit of having their region-specific tree types upgraded too.

see..if you have ftx global base..then it will replace the trees all over the globe..any orbx product..trees would be upgraded..thats what i understood...

Not anymore; see my above comment :)  No Global required!  However, if you do have Global, of course you will get the added advantage of the better ground textures, autogen placement, and variation, which makes the experience that much better.

Scott, can you give any indication of whether this will have a noticeable effect on frame rates and/or VAS usage?

Neither our beta testers nor myself have seen any noticeable drop in performance at all!  This goes for FPS or VAS.  Take a look at my post here for some comparison shots:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/94776-trees-hd-fps-and-vas-comparisons/

Cheers,

Scott

Here....take my money...in fact just take my credit card and have done with it!

This new flight sim hobby of mine has cost me an arm and a leg so far and I've only been simming since January 2015

Archived