Tipella reloaded

bernd1151

Orbx sceneries have many nice surprises, one is the hidden airstrips that occasionally reveal themselves by accident. One such strip that I had never landed at is a place called “Bearcampâ€. As one can see, it is not only very picturesque, it is also quite difficult to locate. To make it even more interesting, it is not easy to land there. It has an unpaved runway with a length of some 600 feet and is located south west of Tipella.

I haven’t been to Tipella for quite some time and I also haven’t used the Do 27 for quite some time. So, this will be fun.

15edbd.jpg

2b39f0.jpg

3ead44.jpg

402072.jpg

5b0b56.jpg

646331.jpg

74678c.jpg

805ca0.jpg

9322e8.jpg

1085037.jpg

Tipella comes slowly up at 2 o’clock

110367d.jpg

12a1e38.jpg

13f207c.jpg

14.jpg

Thanks a lot gents.

A lovely set of shots here!

Seems it was not easy to get out of that canyon after takeoff.

You are right Alex, I had to struggle to gain altitude to make it through that canyon opening. The Do is a nice STOL plane, but not very powerful

Hey ...where is your jacket!! ??? lol ...Beautiful shots

That's exactly what I thought AFTER I had posted these shots here. I should have mentioned that I put it on the moment after that last shot was taken  ::)  ::)

Beautiful set. I wonder why Tipella is no longer available as ORBX freeware. It still shows in the region map but the required file seems to have gone missing. I vaguely remember some author right issues but I might be wrong?  ???

Thats interesting, I didn't even notice that Tipella isn't there anymore listed as freeware. So I better don't screw-up my Tipella files  ;D

Hi Bernd

I could not find it-Bearcamp Airstrip that is!

Ready at Tipella but need a little more than SW-any chance of some Latitude and Longitude?

Would like to repeat your flight

xxd09

Hi there,

strange thing is, I can't find the scenery either anymore. Although FTX Central points to North America and shows Tipella, it does not have anymore Bearcamp included. No wonder, you can't find it.

Luckily I have saved my flight, so here is the precise location of Bearcamp. It's exactly, where the little black plane is, The coordinates you can see as always on the top left corner.

Maybe some one here on the forum has a clue, why it has disappeared. I haven't changed anything on my system. It's a bit of a pity, because it's quite a challenge to land there. Almost like landing on any of the strips in PNG  ::)

Bearcamp.jpg

Archived