senior discount on top of orbx sale?

shermank

There are lots of advantages to being old and retired besides the discounts.  Every day is Saturday.  You finally have the time do all the things you enjoy doing.  You can stay up at night as long as you want and sleep in every morning.  You don't have to keep up with the Joneses anymore.  You can dress anyway you please.  You get to tell the younger generations how easy they have it now.  There are no goals you have to strive for anymore.  You don't have to worry about looking like a fool because everybody expects it.  You can relax.

I finally have unlimited time for cooking gourmet meals, flight simming, train simming, and building that model railroad I always wanted in the spare bedroom.

The list goes on and on, but you get the point.

I'll be 81 years old on Christmas Day and all my wife of 53 years and I have to worry about is our 4 1/2 cats.  The half cat really belongs to our next door neighbor but spend most of his time at our house.

Life is good!

Noel 

There are lots of advantages to being old and retired besides the discounts.  Every day is Saturday.  You finally have the time do all the things you enjoy doing.  You can stay up at night as long as you want and sleep in every morning.  You don't have to keep up with the Joneses anymore.  You can dress anyway you please.  You get to tell the younger generations how easy they have it now.  There are no goals you have to strive for anymore.  You don't have to worry about looking like a fool because everybody expects it.  You can relax.

I finally have unlimited time for cooking gourmet meals, flight simming, train simming, and building that model railroad I always wanted in the spare bedroom.

The list goes on and on, but you get the point.

I'll be 81 years old on Christmas Day and all my wife of 53 years and I have to worry about is our 4 1/2 cats.  The half cat really belongs to our next door neighbor but spend most of his time at our house.

Life is good!

Noel 

Noel, you made my day :) ! I'm a "newer" old (65 yo only), retired few months back, not used to it yet and I truly find that aging is a bitch but you're right, there are good things too. BTW we've have only one and half cat, that may explain ;) .

And a happy birthday !

Well, Dominique, good health is important too.  I've never spent a night in a hospital and neither has my wife except for childbirth.  We just don't get sick for some reason.  We get a checkup every three months but there's never anything wrong.  Although I do have glaucoma so I lost my FAA medical a few years ago and can't fly anymore.  But I do get some stick time when I can get a friend to take me up now and then.

According to my mom we walked across the Golden gate Bridge they day it opened.  I was three years old then and expect I was carried most of the way.  I hope to make it to 103 so I can celebrate it's 100th birthday.  I'll probably need a walker by then.  I'm cranky enough that I just might make it.

Noel

It was for me. I got Open LC Europe for 20.90. That included both the sale and the senior discount.

I, too, was under the impression that the 20% senior discount would be applied to all ORBX titles including those that were on sale.

However, when I was going to order I was  told by the FSS rep in e-mail correspondence that I do not get the 20% discount on top of the 33% discount of ORBX titles.

The odd part is that when I went on to my FSS account originally  BOTH discounts were applied but when I went to order them they only showed the 33% discount.

Now I think I will try to get a reply from Adrian re this matter.

Well, Dominique, good health is important too.  I've never spent a night in a hospital and neither has my wife except for childbirth.  We just don't get sick for some reason.  We get a checkup every three months but there's never anything wrong.  Although I do have glaucoma so I lost my FAA medical a few years ago and can't fly anymore.  But I do get some stick time when I can get a friend to take me up now and then.

According to my mom we walked across the Golden gate Bridge they day it opened.  I was three years old then and expect I was carried most of the way.  I hope to make it to 103 so I can celebrate it's 100th birthday.  I'll probably need a walker by then.  I'm cranky enough that I just might make it.

Noel

Don't tell me about health, I've been stuck 24/7 in an hospital bed for two consecutive months mid-year :)  ... Anyway I wish you to be 103 and walk the GGB. I would be only 87 then and may accompany you ;). We have Ilived three years in Belvedere in Marin cy and i was commuting to downtown through the bridge when I was not using the ferry so it would bring me good memories !

I, too, was under the impression that the 20% senior discount would be applied to all ORBX titles including those that were on sale.

However, when I was going to order I was  told by the FSS rep in e-mail correspondence that I do not get the 20% discount on top of the 33% discount of ORBX titles.

The odd part is that when I went on to my FSS account originally  BOTH discounts were applied but when I went to order them they only showed the 33% discount.

Now I think I will try to get a reply from Adrian re this matter.

I'll be interested in what you find out, cuz I'm planning a big purchase tomorrow or the next day.

When I purchased Global OC EU the discount price was 26.10.  When I put it on the cart the price dropped to 20.90 reflecting the additional senior discount.  My PayPal account shows I paid 17.74 USD for it.  So both discounts applied.

Noel

We were neighbors at different times Dominique.  We lived in Mill Valley when  I went to my last year of high school at Tamalpais where I graduated.

I've crossed that bridge countless times both on foot and driving.

When I got out of the Marines I learned to fly at Commodore Center in Sausalito.

Noel

I'll be interested in what you find out, cuz I'm planning a big purchase tomorrow or the next day.

Hi Stewart:

Yes you do get both discounts.

What had me confused ???  was when you put something in your wish list it reflects  the 33% discount.

Then when you move it to your shopping card it adds (or should I say subtracts) the 20% Senior Discount.

Save some money for presents for the family! ^-^

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Hi Stewart:

Yes you do get both discounts.

What had me confused ???  was when you put something in your wish list it reflects  the 33% discount.

Then when you move it to your shopping card it adds (or should I say subtracts) the 20% Senior Discount.

Save some money for presents for the family! ^-^

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

That's outstanding news!  Thank you, sir.  And, yes, it will save some $$.  A Merry Christmas to us all!

Should we wait for confirmation about the Senior discount from FSS?  I've moved my wish list items to the shopping cart, but no senior discount yet.

Stew

Hi Stew

Were you logged in to your account when you added the  items to your shopping cart?

Hi Stew

Were you logged in to your account when you added the  items to your shopping cart?

Yes, I was.  I was just wondering if perhaps the "lads" down under hadn't gotten around to verifying that I was eligible for the discount.  I'll try again and see what happens.

Should we wait for confirmation about the Senior discount from FSS?  I've moved my wish list items to the shopping cart, but no senior discount yet.

Stew

You should wait for the email confirmation from FSS on the Senior discount.  FSS needs to update your account.

God is in His heaven, and all is right with the world.  Received my confirmation email this morning and promptly ordered a "six pack" from FSS:  PAEN, PAGS, and PAYA to round out Alaska paywares; KORS, S45, and KBVS to make it an even 1/2 dozen.  And there are others waiting in the wings (so to speak).

Happy camper.

Stew

God is in His heaven, and all is right with the world.  Received my confirmation email this morning and promptly ordered a "six pack" from FSS:  PAEN, PAGS, and PAYA to round out Alaska paywares; KORS, S45, and KBVS to make it an even 1/2 dozen.  And there are others waiting in the wings (so to speak).

Happy camper.

Stew

You mean to tell me Stew, I mean....you are just now discovering FTX  KORS Orcas Island? That is tantamount to FTX blasphemy that you waited as long as you have before discovering KORS. One can only hope that you seen the error of your ways now, and have been doing touch and go's there for the last 24 hours as penance :D  :D  

You mean to tell me Stew, I mean....you are just now discovering FTX  KORS Orcas Island? That is tantamount to FTX blasphemy that you waited as long as you have before discovering KORS. One can only hope that you seen the error of your ways now, and have been doing touch and go's there for the last 24 hours as penance :D  :D  

Blasphemy, eh?  I'm a late comer, to be sure, and too many enthusiastic recommendations to ignore this one.  I just had other priorities, I guess, and a limit on the credit card!  :)

Am anxious to take a look, but I have a question I've posted elsewhere:  the dl for KORS is KORS120, but the "update" is KORS115.  Does that KORS120 dl cover the KORS115 update?  When that is figured out, I'll definitely be doing some flying up there.

Blasphemy, eh?  I'm a late comer, to be sure, and too many enthusiastic recommendations to ignore this one.  I just had other priorities, I guess, and a limit on the credit card!  :)

Am anxious to take a look, but I have a question I've posted elsewhere:  the dl for KORS is KORS120, but the "update" is KORS115.  Does that KORS120 dl cover the KORS115 update?  When that is figured out, I'll definitely be doing some flying up there.

Hi Stewart,

Y'all have given me a great Christmas present.....a big laugh at all the banter in this thread! 

Take it easy on Stewart there Sniper....he's catching up fast and will be in FTX heaven after a few go arounds at KORS.  :D8)

And to answer your question Stewart, yes the 1.20 download is all inclusive.  No go have fun and don't worry about the marriage councilor until April.   ::)

Hi Stewart,

Y'all have given me a great Christmas present.....a big laugh at all the banter in this thread! 

Take it easy on Stewart there Sniper....he's catching up fast and will be in FTX heaven after a few go arounds at KORS.  :D8)

And to answer your question Stewart, yes the 1.20 download is all inclusive.  No go have fun and don't worry about the marriage councilor until April.   ::)

Thanks for your support, Rob.  I don't think Sniper meant any harm anyway.  ::)

And I went ahead and assumed the 1.20 dl was the way to go and ignored the 1.15 update.  Somebody ought to take that update down, it's confusing to be still up there.

Did a couple of TnGs at KORS--that scenery is something else.  And since I have my GA setting at around 50%, there was plenty activity in the area, especially landing at the other airport a short distance away--at 90WA I believe it was, and especially at Friday Harbor KFHR.  I can see there's a lot to explore in this area.

@Sniper, are there jackalopes over there in your neck of the woods?  I thought they were only over here on the mainland.  They sure do get around. ^-^

Thanks for your support, Rob.  I don't think Sniper meant any harm anyway.  ::)

And I went ahead and assumed the 1.20 dl was the way to go and ignored the 1.15 update.  Somebody ought to take that update down, it's confusing to be still up there.

Did a couple of TnGs at KORS--that scenery is something else.  And since I have my GA setting at around 50%, there was plenty activity in the area, especially landing at the other airport a short distance away--at 90WA I believe it was, and especially at Friday Harbor KFHR.  I can see there's a lot to explore in this area.

@Sniper, are there jackalopes over there in your neck of the woods?  I thought they were only over here on the mainland.  They sure do get around. ^-^

Stew, you are spot on, of course I meant no harm, only some good time ribbing :)

As for Jackalopes, well, no not around here in Hawaii that I have seen so far. I suspect that if there were any, they would have their paws full with all the Mongoose(s) around here. That said, I have travelled across the mainland mid-west many, many times, so I have encountered the famed and elusive Jackalope. I grew up in the San Jacinto mountains, overlooking Palm Springs, so I heard stories (and saw postcards) about the rare critter as a child. Also, my wife is from Kansas City Missouri, so on many a dark night driving across the plain states to visit her family, I swear that I saw a Jackalope or two....or maybe it was the moonlight casting some shadows...we may never know.... ;)

Mongooses help keep the snake population under control, so I'm told.

Yes, you are correct Stew. As such, there are no snakes to be found on the island of Oahu. You do see mongoose(s) pretty frequently, although they don't really cause many problems that I am aware of. No one seems to complain that there are no snakes here :)

Archived