It's so quiet about FTX Global Vector

wolfko

Two glasses of champagne for waiting :lol:

Maybe its because they are hard at work putting the finishing touches on it. Or, maybe yet, more importantly, maybe they are taking a break to spend some time with family since the holidays are here. It will be nice when Vector is released, and we will all enjoy it when it is. But in the meantime, have we not tons of Orbx goodness to enjoy right this very moment? I know my FSX plate always has about ten things Orbx on it awaiting me :) :)

Maybe its because they are hard at work putting the finishing touches on it. Or, maybe yet, more importantly, maybe they are taking a break to spend some time with family since the holidays are here. It will be nice when Vector is released, and we will all enjoy it when it is. But in the meantime, have we not tons of Orbx goodness to enjoy right this very moment? I know my FSX plate always has about ten things Orbx on it awaiting me :) :)

+ 1 on this.  I know other than Global, I've limited all my purchases (for now) to the United States - live / fly in the Great Lakes region almost exclusively - and I'm constantly seeing new things every time I fly.  I will be buying these when they are released, but coming from someone who works in tech, doesn't get a lot of time off, and doesn't get to see the family as much as one should, I echo Sniper31, hoping JV and the team(s) will be able to relax and spend time with their loved ones this season. 

I'm with Sniper and Kohanji; I'm like a kid waiting on Vector, checking in multiple times per day. But I'd like to think the boys are taking a well-earned rest. My own IT projects were placed on hold over Xmas for this very reason. Even so, I'd also like to know whether I need to keep waiting & checking; I'd be happy to be told that "it won't be until at least <timescale> while we <insert reason here>". Doesn't even have to be an accurate date "at least" is good enough for me. Then I can relax and forget about it; at least until at least! :)

Hi guys,

You are all correct: the team needs Xmas family time and at the same time we want to release in December.

Both will happen.

Some of the OSM source data, particularly in the USA, is very sloppy. That is the downside when using community-contributed data sets. Those obvious problems are being corrected and we are aiming for a release at the end of this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Awesome, thanks John, and I hope you all do get a good amount of family time. I can wait; I'd better get on with my own jobs now to clear some time later after the weekend!

Have a great Christmas ORBX team; I'm sure others will agree that you are a sterling bunch of chaps, working hard and bringing a much improved flight sim experience for us all to enjoy.

Appreciated.

Cheers.

I will definitely have to go with the boxed version, download is a no-go! With my new rig ordered I might get NZ South as well as vector :)

You will be very pleased with NZSI if you do get it Jean. It's one of the best.

Please don't tell me that I'm going to be the victim of a rushed release, because all those impatient people pulling your shirt since even Christmas doesn't seem to be important enough to them to think about anything else....sigh

Sorry, but I'm going to spend my time with my daughter (staying for 2 weeks and then travelling back to university), my youngest and wife, I won't be touching FSX for one second.

Regarding what we (costumers) say "cant wait"=a Joke  ::) , we all wish a "complete" release of course.

J.V. have statet that nothing will be released before its ready. And i concour.

Better wait a bit, than sorry.

That sayed, there will alwayes be some updates in OrbX sceneries... and thank you for that J.V.

Personly i like OrbX becourse the close connection to the costumers and relative quick answers and updates .

Here i am only talking of the FSX edition. The challange is P3Dv2 i guess.

Beacourse it change all the time, and it wount be easy to follow, regarding compablety afaik.

Henrik

@ Dibidut -  I agree 100%..

Count downs ain't worth it as I have seen products released way early and late depending on how "ready" they are..

Customers will always be a double edged sword..

We rush the developers to release on target and then Whinge if its not up to scratch..

So ORBX as always your judgement is best..

On that, wish y'all a fabulous Festive Season and one heck of a New 2014 !!  ::)

Cheers.

Archived