Up to the "Australian North", from Perth to Broome

moonman

Hello Everyone!

Some shots, i took while i was trying to „replicate“ a real world flight provided by Qantas between Perth Intl., YPPH and Broome, YBRM in FSX.

I also tested the fuel- and flightplanning tool PFPX here extensively and after some first trials and errors and some time to configure it all properly, i am most positively surprised now to see how accurate this tool works.

So i really enjoyed undertaking these flights and with all those great ORBX and OZx sceneries below my wings it was a super great experience all the time.

I hope You now enjoy these shots as much as i enjoyed flying!

Cheers, Christoph

At the gate in Perth, a few minutes after the crew has entered the cockpit

AKWh.jpg

… take off

h5H7a.jpg

… and turning northwards now

04wzL.jpg

… passenger views

xmQ7O.jpg

n2ZXI.jpg

… and back to the cockpit

8yT1H.jpg

lzc4I.jpg

FVJ4p.jpg

Ek0tw.jpg

LObEM.jpg

… the moon above us

xbei.jpg

… descending, final approach and landing

8Bive.jpg

FeIk8.jpg

bfzn.jpg

2IirH.jpg

jvu7J.jpg

vQUF.jpg

iH89O.jpg

… deboarding (incluing GSX) completed

iMeBb.jpg

… and someone already waiting for the next flight

rjeR.jpg

Only resized and cropped with REX Textures in use, OPUS weather engine, SweetFX and DX10

And at last, for us „flightsimming-nerds“ out here ;):

Three shots showing fuel and time as predicted/calculated by PFPX and in the sim then:

In flight (near waypoint WONYU as an example: Flighttime so far is one hour and the fuel by now is at approx. 6.4 – PFPX predicted one hour and eight minutes and a fuel of 6.2 … i consider this to be quite accurate)

WKF4C.jpg

... and now, just after shut down at YBRM:

Flighttime was 2:13 and the fuel remaining is 4.3 – just as calculated by PFPX!

This was the best flight for me so far where i used PFPX as well!

Sure, it's not always that close and sometimes the numbers differ a little bit - but(!) they always remain within a real tolerable margin of error so to speak and i am therefore overall really most positively surprised about how good flight- and fuelplanning can be done nowadays for flying in the sim!

As You can see: The cockpit after shutdown …

6EsPn.jpg

… and a quick photo from the printed PFPX OFP for this particular flight:

BJUMc.jpg

P.S.: I am still learning to get used to PFPX ... so if i did something wrong or have overseen something ... well ... won't happen again next time! ^_^

Great views of the Perth area and the outback, Christoph.

Really a pity we can´t get a properly upgraded YPPH from our beloved dealer. But the Broome details compensate a little for that...

Flying heavier metal (from time to time) is fun - though needs some add-ons. Like your PFPX. What ATC are you using?

Thank You all very much for Your comments!

Very much appreciated!

There are so many great sceneries, airplanes and tools available for us flightsimmers nowadays, that it is indeed a great joy to go flying, take some shots in between and then sharing some of the excitement and fun here!

And the greater to read then, when You great people here enjoy it all as well!

Thank You!

Cheers, Christoph

Well mate, you chose what is probably the most boring flight in Aus, and you made it work.. well done.. Teecee.

:D

Hi Teecee!

... maybe we should start showing our most boring flights in the future rather than the most exciting ones!

Cheers, Christoph

That is a professional flight. Superb idea. All you needed and didn't get was that hot meal brought to you in the cockpit at mid flight... ;D

Hi Francois!

I knew i had forgotten something :lol:

Cheers, Christoph

Good show Captain Christoph !!...may give some people courage to become passengers !! :)

Hi Alan!

Everyone is invited to come on board ...

And i will give my best to make the flight a smooth ride then ... just need to find some friendly weather and all should be fine ;)!

By the way: Cpt. Christoph - i like that ... i tink i'll have to tell my girlfriend that i have become a captain now :D!

Cheers, christoph

Thank You very much for Your reply Richard!

Cheers, Christoph

A lovely set Christoph, I always enjoying checking out your shots. I particularly like the two set against the moon backdrop, the composition is excellent.

Thanks for posting, look forward to seeing some more.

Cheers,
Jarrad

Archived