FTX Global - new *freeware* EDBH Barth Stralsund

Hello all,

New Orbx developer Thomas Zipfel is putting the finishing touches to our first stand-alone European freeware airport made for FTX Global. EDBH Barth Stralsund is only a few kilometers from the Baltic Sea.

The airport features custom modeling, uses Orbxlibs objects including PeopleFlow and Natureflow and including ObjectFlow to automatically change seasonal vegetation. It has been tested with the upcoming FTX Global VECTOR and blends with the road network passing the airport also.

I look forward to more projects from Thomas in the future!

IzdUL.jpg

IlEON.jpg

sxd0G.jpg

KlDy.jpg

xu6qz.jpg

1Rbn.jpg

Wx9hl.jpg

I am sure Iain Emms will be sharing his beta testing screenshots from this charming little airport soon.

Yours in freeware updates! :)

I find that this policy to let new comers get acquainted with Orbx costumers through a freeware work is absolutely a winner. Thanks folks, on my behalf I keep buying Orbx products blind. Yep, even FTX England is a top notch work for me ... what can I say... I'm addicted.

Wish you all the best with it Thomas! Welcome...its always great to witness new talent develop here in Orbx and we all wish you the very best! I'm also really looking forward to seeing your debut Orbx airport and I'm so excited that its the first Orbx freeware FTX Global airport on the European mainland, in an interesting location so close to the Baltic Sea. So very exciting! The screenshots look very promising! Keep up the good start and thank you very much and thank Orbx very much for expanding the vision step by step!

Best regards Thomas,

Sid :smile:

This looks solid. I will certainly download and install.

My only constructive advice for Thomas would be to keep working hard to finish the texture details. The transitions between grass and concrete look like feathered Photoshop brush stokes (painted on a mask or from the eraser tool) - which I'm guessing is exactly what I'm seeing. Maybe source some photoreal grass-to-concrete edges, and stitch them in throughout.

Keep up the good work. I admire someone with the patience and commitment to finish a project like this. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While you are waiting, you might have a look at EDAH Herringsdorf, another airport right nearby, about 50 miles to the SE and right on the border with Poland. I was impressed, better than the average freeware offerings you normally find (although probably not quite ORBX material, but what is?)...

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=181618

Archived