-= November 2013 Product Roadmap (Updated) =-

John Venema

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy smokes, you guys are doing a version of Squamish (CYSE), that's AWESOME news!!! :)

I am so happy, that airport and the area it is in is absolutely stunning. I can't wait to purchase it when it's released. I asked John V a few months back if there was any plans on releasing CYSE and he said due to the cost of aerial imagery it wasn't in the works... Can't wait to see a few more screenshots.

Holy smokes, you guys are doing a version of Squamish (CYSE), that's AWESOME news!!! :)

I am so happy, that airport and the area it is in is absolutely stunning. I can't wait to purchase it when it's released. I asked John V a few months back if there was any plans on releasing CYSE and he said due to the cost of aerial imagery it wasn't in the works... Can't wait to see a few more screenshots.

Yes indeed we found a good imagery source and Gordon is making excellent progress. Here's another teaser shot ...

kpv1f.jpg

Looks excellent John, thanks for sharing that! I flew out of Squamish (CYSE) multiple times in an older Cessna 172 when I have been in that area of Canada and the surrounding terrain and sea is absolutely spectacular. The weather in the area is highly unpredictable in Spring and Fall making flight quite challenging when the cloud deck is low. When I have been there it was very common to have a very thick fog every morning up to about 600 ft ASL over Howe Sound. 

Looks great. :)

Hi,

Squamish will certainly be a winner. It has a beautiful surrounding and is close enough to Vancouver for a wonderful trip after work.

As a pure VFR pilot,  I for one prefer groups of airports not too far away anyway..

Kind regards, Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to Halfmoon Bay Airport and to my favorite little Village next to the Airport which I do visit everytime while I am in the bay area. I hope the big Satelite Dish will be modeled too.

Cheers, Guenther ::)

http://www.co.sanmateo.ca.us/vgn/images/portal/cit_611/38/20/258202224HMBA%20S01%20m.jpg

Unexpectedly December gets fairly cheap for me now (phew!). As I don't have FSX on my new rig anymore Vernonia, Squamish and Kenai have to wait for their underlying regions. So VECTOR will be the only christmas present for myself. I guess I'll raise my christmas joy with Global Ultimate Europe/Africa :)

On the other hand January looks quite expensive for my purse... NCA, KHAF and openLC EU, even though Yakutat has to wait.

The items I'm mostly looking forward to are OpenLC Asia and Africa, and of course the P3D reworked regions and airports.

John, just got back from a winter break, and caught up with your 2013 Product Roadmap update...some exxciting stuff!

Some years ago I drove from Vancouver to Squamish, and en route passed beneath that fantastic granite cliff: Stawamis Chief...please tell me it features in the Squamish release due January 2014.

Don

Unless this has changed, it is the same product but they are selling it as a DVD product instead of download.   Just like FSS is selling the FTX version FS Global as download only.     At the bottom of the Pilot's announcement page it mentions that the download version of Vector will be released by FSS at Christmas and boxed version will be available in early 2014.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=249&products_id=2648

Mike

Unless this has changed, it is the same product but they are selling it as a DVD product instead of download.   Just like FSS is selling the FTX version FS Global as download only.     At the bottom of the Pilot's announcement page it mentions that the download version of Vector will be released by FSS at Christmas and boxed version will be available in early 2014.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=249&products_id=2648

Mike

New England Maritimes -

It seems that will not happen. I read somewhere that Bill Womack was tasked to deal with that challenge. However he is now involved with IBlue Yonder preparing Scenery for Nantucket, Mass. With FTX Global, Vector and Open LC the scenery should be pretty impressive. For the Atlantic Provinces, Ralph from Simaddons produces fantastic airports. In fact he just came out with a number of airports P3D v2 ready with their own installer. This should complement the FTX Global initiative. I have the P3D version and they are great.

Even though I would like to see an Orbx FTX makeover for the New England region. The freeware airports would be great. Please do some for NH. One in particular is 7B3 which is a small airport near Hampton Beach. I go there all the time in the summer to plane watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apology for the belated thanks, John, but much appreciated for your feedback. Eagerly awaiting these two installers. In a desperate attempt in my naive state I thought these two would work but as I recall somewhere you mentioned they don't and they don't, producing visual texture anomolies with objects as well as p3d not liking NZNI object flow dll on startup.

Best Regards,

Kelvin

John, can we dream that one day France will be covered by an Orbx region ?

+1

It will be great to have entire France covered.

2014 it's too late but can you maybe consider this project for 2015-2016 ?

France is the country the most visited in the world, it's a large potential business for you.

We will be covering France with openLC Europe due out in Feb. That combined with FTXG and VECTOR is going to provide a very good representation of France complete with new custom textures. So you don't have long to wait until you have an interim solution from Orbx.

We will be covering France with openLC Europe due out in Feb. That combined with FTXG and VECTOR is going to provide a very good representation of France complete with new custom textures. So you don't have long to wait until you have an interim solution from Orbx.

It's a great news !!! Now I'm looking forward to be in the next month :)

Archived