-= November 2013 Product Roadmap (Updated) =-

John Venema

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a forum regular but I do buy the ORBX regions I fly in. Once upon a time I saw that Northern and SOUTHERN California would be done. All I see here is talk of NoCAL and nothing about south? Did south get removed from future plans? I sure hope not. I can't imagine any possible way y'all could lose money developing SoCAL... just watch vatsim or pilotedge pilot traffic to get an idea of the regions popularity.

Thanks for all the updates around my home too (CYYC). I am really looking forward to CYBW!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Really no idea about release period?

Well, I've been mostly working on NorCal up til the past month so there's still a long way to go. Like Tim said we don't give out release dates, it just leads to people asking more, and more than likely that date will pass with no release. It's inherently difficult to give software release dates.

• 3 weeks later...

Pant Pant!

When looking at the future screenshots my heart pounds, have a mouth so dry I can't swallow or catch my breath! Is it possible that this is an addiction that's over my head? I want an opinion other than what my friends and family say. ;)

Kind regards,

PS. Really looking forward to what is coming our way. Please keep on keeping on!

• 2 weeks later...

It would be beautifull, ireland region is alone without airport detaioed scenery!

Well, no, not the only FTX region. Also NIR and NZ North Island are still without detailed scenery. Wales has only EGFF which is already included.

We're not going to devote resources to Ireland and N.Ireland airports if we're not selling many copies of those regions, sorry to say.

Understand. Gotta keep the troops fed.

It would be nice if we had at least one add-on on in those regions, though. But again, commercial reality dictates.

However, as far as I understand NZNI+SI both have been bestsellers (and IMHO are among the best sceneries ORBX ever made). They could certainly benefit from a few more detailed airports (and rapid Prepar3v2 Migration). There once was this Auckland project, which unfortunately died, which I'd be happy to see reanimated again.

Kind Regards, Michael

Shame for N.I. but kudo's still to this organization to give us something for N.I. that no other company has. Least some default airports have been enhanced and you have Uk2000's Aldergrove and they also plan on Belfast City within couple years. Also gentleman on FSDeveloper's forum with his work progressing on Belfast City. Also in Ireland you have Aerosoft's Dublin. 

Any plans to populate CRM and NRM to the level of PNW? 

I like both the large airports and small......but there is a problem with the distance between airports when you are in a Cessna 172 and have a real life to attend to :-)

Or is there any extra freeware available like that across Eastern Australia that I could be pointed to?

I have modded quite a few airfields with instant scenery but as you can imagine, it's just not the same.

Archived