Burrows Island Lighthouse Helipad (74S)

Eric C

I wanted to practice some heli landings, and realized I've never been to this helipad at Anacortes before that is part of 74S. I was amazed by the scenery as always by Jarrad, and as always these are straight V key, enb, and cropped. Enjoy :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks a lot guys for the nice comments.

Those are some beauties; going to have to check this out when I get home from work. Now if I can just stop my shoulders from getting all tensed up during helo landings!

Guess I better buy it before I go to try it out...D'OH!

Thanks buddy, I'm actually getting the hang of those landings now. I'm sure I'll be making more back and forth trips here in Anacortes for practice. Enjoy the scenery whenever you get it.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

Superb set Eric! It looks like quite a calm day.

Which ENB (& Palette) were you using?

Cheers,

Matt.

P.S. What were your Sky Themes? I'm really liking this atmosphere! :D

Thanks Matt, I used JV's ENB (the one before the Purple Haze one), here's the link.

http://www.orbxsyste...eries-ini-file/

I believe this was Arizona REX day theme, enjoy :)

Thanks Matt, I used JV's ENB (the one before the Purple Haze one), here's the link.

http://www.orbxsyste...eries-ini-file/

I believe this was Arizona REX day theme, enjoy :)

Thanks for the reply Eric. Would you have any idea where I can get the Palette to go with this ENB?

Also would it be possible to know your cloud themes?

Cheers,

Matt.

Thanks for the reply Eric. Would you have any idea where I can get the Palette to go with this ENB?

Also would it be possible to know your cloud themes?

Cheers,

Matt.

This version of JV's ENB has no palette, so remove the palette if you have one in the FSX folder. The effect is more subtle than a lot of the high contrast/sharpness Sweet FX settings that many guys like, but I like it. I still switch between different ENB's of course but this one is a regular in the rotation for sure. I didn't save the cloud themes unfortunately for this set, but if I had to guess, one of my favorite REX combo's is cumulus 3, Cirrus 21. Hope that helps, enjoy :)

superb shots again Eric.

Thanks a lot MIchael, I'm definitely going back and trying to visit some areas that I may have forgotten to visit before. Glad you liked this one.

This version of JV's ENB has no palette, so remove the palette if you have one in the FSX folder. The effect is more subtle than a lot of the high contrast/sharpness Sweet FX settings that many guys like, but I like it. I still switch between different ENB's of course but this one is a regular in the rotation for sure. I didn't save the cloud themes unfortunately for this set, but if I had to guess, one of my favorite REX combo's is cumulus 3, Cirrus 21. Hope that helps, enjoy :)

Thanks again Eric! I didn't realize that it had no palette, I've been putting off using it because of that :P I also think it gives a really soft touch to FS, instead of the big sets of bloom given off by other ENB's.

Thanks for the cloud settings, I'll give them a try and see how they Look! :)

Thanks for the help buddy :)

Cheers,

Matt.

Thanks again Eric! I didn't realize that it had no palette, I've been putting off using it because of that :P I also think it gives a really soft touch to FS, instead of the big sets of bloom given off by other ENB's.

Thanks for the cloud settings, I'll give them a try and see how they Look! :)

Thanks for the help buddy :)

Cheers,

Matt.

No problem Matt, anytime, and enjoy :)

Great shots of a great scenery, Eric. But tell me: How do you get these exciting camera perspectives (like in #5 and #8, for example)?

It's an add-on called EZDok Camera, it's a camera utility which allows you to move your camera around with different controls. If you've seen "FSX Movies" you'll have seen them 'Float' around the aircraft, they achieve that by using this tool.

Cheers,

Matt.

These are a smashing set my friend.

cheers

Iain

Thanks a lot my friend, glad I went back and visited this area in 74S.

Great shots of a great scenery, Eric. But tell me: How do you get these exciting camera perspectives (like in #5 and #8, for example)?

It's an add-on called EZDok Camera, it's a camera utility which allows you to move your camera around with different controls. If you've seen "FSX Movies" you'll have seen them 'Float' around the aircraft, they achieve that by using this tool.

Cheers,

Matt.

Thanks Gerold, and Matt knows I'm a big fan of EZCA or EZDok camera. The program allows me to put the camera wherever I want for my screenies and a lot of fun to use. Also, you get some nice camera effects that mimics the head movement in flight, touchdown bounce, and takeoff wiggle as you accelerate to your rotation speed. if you type in EZDok in google I'm sure you'll get a lot more info and videos explaining its use. Hope that helps :)

Cheers,

Matt.

Thanks Gerold, and Matt knows I'm a big fan of EZCA or EZDok camera. The program allows me to put the camera wherever I want for my screenies and a lot of fun to use. Also, you get some nice camera effects that mimics the head movement in flight, touchdown bounce, and takeoff wiggle as you accelerate to your rotation speed. if you type in EZDok in google I'm sure you'll get a lot more info and videos explaining its use. Hope that helps :)

Thanks Matt, thanks Eric. The screenies look fantastic, but I am a bit afraid i would put more time on making shots than on flying. So I am a bit reluctant - for the time being..... ;D

Thanks Matt, thanks Eric. The screenies look fantastic, but I am a bit afraid i would put more time on making shots than on flying. So I am a bit reluctant - for the time being..... ;D

I hear ya Gerold, but the effects alone add a lot to the immersion. Also, the ability to make custom in cockpit camera views so you can switch between going from the left seat, radios, gps, primary six instruments, parking brake, lights, and etc. in the cockpit is where I feel like I get the most value. Trust me, I definitely do my share of flying, haha :D, but when I'm exploring a new area it's hard for me not to hit that V key and capture the moment :)

Definitely check out this video, I'm telling you even if your not in to screenies, the immersion is a game changer to how you'll enjoy the sim, and the primary reason why I love the add-on.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUDhE9yv1X8

It's no problem Gerold. As Eric has said, it's a very neat add-on if you like flying with the most realism, the features included with EZCA are a treat to have. It makes moving around the cockpit easier because of the separate views you can choose and also gives you something to take advantage of whilst V-keying.

Also, if you use TrackIR it integrates it perfectly with FSX. You have so many settings that you can adjust if you want, such as the speed the camera moves at, which effects are on each view and you can even create your Own effects for when you're rumbling down the runway!

I highly recommend this product to anyone, whether you have TrackIR or not, or if you prefer flying to V-keying. It's a great add-on to have, you no longer have the boring, motionless camera in the cockpit.... It now moves according to the amount of G-Force and ground terrain.

It's a Excellent piece of kit!

Cheers,

Matt.

Oh damn, I just spent so much in ORBX, now you make me weak again..... nonono!

Sorry buddy, I told you it wasn't just for screenies, and it's even better for flying :)

Super shots Eric, it has been a long time ago that I landed there with my heli. Time to make a new visit there.

Peter

Thanks Peter, it's definitely fun landing the heli here for sure.

Great shots, Eric!

And I have to agree that EZdoc is a "must have". It really livens up the flight...

Cheers

Mallard

Yeha, Eric, it seems like you're having fun flying those "things with the prop on the top" :D

I also like them very much (who would have guessed that. Noooo it hasn't something to do with my username ::) )

Great set and great helicopter, mate ;)

1st class set again Eric, great AP views thanks!

Thanks a lot guys for the nice comments, much appreciated!

Absolutely stunning shots Eric, thanks so much for posting. I'm so so chuffed to see some of those non-airstrip landing areas being used, I had a ball designing them (particularly Burrows Island) and it's great to see them again in the screenshots forum. As I mentioned to you the other day, I used that A109 profusely when developing Anacortes, your shots reminded me to pull it out again for a spin (it's been a while).

Thanks very much mate,

Jarrad

Absolutely stunning shots Eric, thanks so much for posting. I'm so so chuffed to see some of those non-airstrip landing areas being used, I had a ball designing them (particularly Burrows Island) and it's great to see them again in the screenshots forum. As I mentioned to you the other day, I used that A109 profusely when developing Anacortes, your shots reminded me to pull it out again for a spin (it's been a while).

Thanks very much mate,

Jarrad

You can be sure Jarrad: All these landing facilities are going to be used, with the fantastic details in it - may it be runway, water or helipads.

In my personal opinion the presence of these add-on scenery details around the main airport make the difference - and the preference to buy.

Thanks very much mate,

Jarrad

You can be sure Jarrad: All these landing facilities are going to be used, with the fantastic details in it - may it be runway, water or helipads.

In my personal opinion the presence of these add-on scenery details around the main airport make the difference - and the preference to buy.

Thank you very much guys! Jarrad, I agree with Gerold 100%. I appreciate all of the value you add in your releases. With almost all of your releases you always provide us with something more than just the standard airport and it adds to the enjoyment and value. I think that's why I am always gravitated to your releases and Heiko & Andrea's projects because I know there will usually be some amazing extras like Tetons, Deception Pass, Martin's Bay, Downtown Spokane, and a lot more that I'm forgetting at the moment. I'm looking forward to your next releases, and keep up the great work my friend! 8)

Archived