Orbx expands UK development team, announces FTX EU Series

John Venema

Following some months of discussions and successful meetings in the UK last week I am pleased to announce that Orbx is expanding its Hampshire UK based development team with a view to release a new series of FTX Great Britain terrain regions:

FTX EU England (ENG)

FTX EU Wales (WLS)

FTX EU Scotland (SCO)

FTX EU Northern Ireland (NIR)

Over the coming months we will begin to arrange the necessary contracts, licensing of source data, staff training and then EU England production will commence in March with a view to release in December 2012. Please note however, that there are many milestones to be achieved before we formally announce the project commencement and you won't see any preview screenshots until mid 2012 at the earliest.

However, for us a company this is a positive and exciting expansion of our FTX regions which will provide for a launching pad to European countries and beyond. It will also provide the base layers on which to develop Orbx high fidelity airports and other sceneries.

I will keep you all posted of progress in the months ahead.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What excellent news this is! Ill be on the edge of it, Ive told myself im only comiting to AUS,NA and NZ. So England may be out of the picture, but as it is across the pond from the US - I may get it.

But this is excellent news.. but why is only 1/4 of Ireland being done also?

Great news JV and the Orbx crew. Who would have thougt that with the release of Au Blue, what was to follow. I'm sure we will hear soon enough about expansions to the Orbx world in North America. John my wallet can't keep up with you blokes.

Fantastic news indeed John im sure this will be a grand affair and i look foward to seeing this one roll out for sure. It will be great for the big fellas to fly from England to the US and also the other way to Aus also the ammount of GA fields is fantastic for low and slow flying a winner all the way chaps.

cheers

Iain

Great news! Looking forward to Snowdon and the Lake District!

Cheers,

Noel.

So do I! Two beautiful areas among many others in the UK.

Whatever Flight might hold in store for us, this mid to long-term road map is also a clear commitment to FSX. I appreciate that and it keeps me investing in this simulator as I know I'll be flying in it for years to come.

Very interesting! I guess this is going to be in direct competition with "Horizon VFR Photographic Scenery" which I imagine most serious UK Flt simmers already use together with the UK 2000 Scenery Airfields.

Knowing Orbx's reputation this is definately one to watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have to get a bigger piggy bank though :lol:

This is fantastic news!

I'm going to make 2 requests that I'm sure you'll ignore (and don't blame you for one minute), and never request anything ever again.

• Do Northern Ireland first (England always gets the glory ;D ) as it'll only take about 10 minutes...
  • Make Newtownards (EGAD) as an addon airport. It's perfect for Orbx and my local airfield (I'll take as many photos as you want).
Top stuff John, this is the best news I've heard in a long time.

A wonderful piece of news. I love flying around Australia and the Eastern coast of North America but get very jealous of those who actually live there and compare the real thing to the ORBX offerings. Soon I will be able to do the same. Yahoo ! Really looking forward to 2012/13.

Thanks in advance JV and team. :lol:

Pete

Archived