Orbx expands UK development team, announces FTX EU Series

John Venema

Yes, ok, you're right Andy, though it grieve's me to have admit the CIA have got it legally right and it is true the Manxmen would have my guts for garters if I say that most Englishmen would think its an anomoly but as the arrangement works well as it is best left alone. ;D

Specially now Scotland is likely to make a great effort to become independent. That is until they discover that their members of the English parliament will have to leave it and we'll no longer be spending half as much again for every man, woman and child in Scotland as we do for the rest of the Country! ;)

Ho hum!

John

Hadrian had the right idea.

My Dad always said only two good things ever came out of Scotland - Scotch Whiskey and the road to England. :lol:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sassenachs. The plebiscite will be defeated, the Scots know the value of an Englishman's dollar, and also know that an Englishman has little other intrinsic worth.

However the dreamers of independence still smart from the knowledge that their last victory against the English was at Bannockburn (which was when?), celebrated with fervour down to this day. Therefore independence at the will of the people would be sweet victory for them, but an impoverished country would be the result. The present UK has barely sufficient economic muscle in total to survive the Greeks, Italians and Spanish (and more), so to have Scotland float would be a loss to the whole, and a pyrrhic victory for the Scots.

What's the UK Prime Minister's surname again?

Sheep stealer.

Iain, I realise now that you must have meant the PM in response to my rhetorical question!

But English border dwellers have a long, vicious and licentious history of sheep stealing from decent law abiding Scots farmers. (not crofters they were exported to North America and Australia, by their Lairds)

Sorry Ian thats who i meant.

cheers

Iain

Any way chaps lets not forget how great this new scenery will be for everyone to enjoy when its released i know i will be like a dog with two whats its when i get my hands on it thats for sure.

cheers

Iain

... and where better for Orbx to start with UK than Iain's home town in Cumbria, The Lake District... kinda like a mini PFJ!

Cant wait to be flying in this area, and drop in on 'Emssie's Filed'

Here a couple of shots during a recent hike there :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Agree 100% with you Iain.

Teh He ... I'm trying to spread a rumor that those were not RL shots , but are actually GB Beta shots .

Re Scotland , I do hope that ORBX introduce Whiskey Flow .

Cheers

Karol

Great news......More ORBX scenery to fly over is always welcome.....Cannot wait for this......

fiftysix: Love the pics.....Iain, you are a blessed man to live with all that amazing scenery......

It really is a stunning part of our tiny island :)

The 2nd shot was taken in an area known as 'The Hardknott Pass'.... one of the most challenging and steepest roads in the UK... Lots of scary climbs and hairpin corners... beautiful scenery that takes your breath away

http://www.visitcumbria.com/wc/hardknott-pass.htm

I purchased the " Aerodrome Booklet , with minima " for EGCC , EGCC_131AJ it runs to about 54 pages of

approach plates and data , it's one incredible airport.

Does anyone know of a good Freeware or commercial Manchester ( EGCC ) airport package,

it must have the pub at the end of the runway ?

Cheers

Karol

Hi all

I hope ORBX can replicate the UK scenery. Here is a photo my wife took while we were in Cumbria in September last year (I was driving the car). It will be interesting to fly VFR with real world weather. I won't say it rained every day while we were there, just 99% of them.

Cheers

Benie

Posted Image

Hi all

I hope ORBX can replicate the UK scenery. Here is a photo my wife took while we were in Cumbria in September last year (I was driving the car). It will be interesting to fly VFR with real world weather. I won't say it rained every day while we were there, just 99% of them.

Cheers

Benie

Posted Image

I think I must have got lucky with the weather when I was there. But Cumbria has some very dynamic weather. Would be very challenging for VFR!... and not to mention the Yorkshire penines and the highlands of Scotland are quite close too.. this will be a beautiful area to fly in with the Orbx treatment.

Another amazing picture btw.. :)

You are all mentioning the Lake District quite rightly as being beautiful.

However, there is stunning scenery all over Britain from Dartmoor and Exmoor (Englands smallest National Park but not so small when you're walking it) up through the Derbyshire Dales, the Wye Valley and the Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons of South Wales, North Wales and Snowdonia, the Pennines, Yorkshire Moors and Dales and route from Newcastles along Hadrians Wall to Carlisle.

I've left out the coastline which all the way round the Country is really something to see.

And then you have all the places of interest and history to seek out. The Towns and Cities, Cathedrals, Castles, rivers, rolling gentle green hills and beautiful forests and so very much more.

All of it less than a day's drive away even if you go from South to North.

And, I haven't even mentioned Scotland and the lovely Islands!

I feel like a bloody tourism advertiser! :D

John

I hear ya.. there is some amazing scenery and views along Devon and Cornwall, those national parks are something else.. not forgetting all the villages and townships... Cheeder Gorge of course.

And down south (darn saff), got the big smoke itself, London and all the way up to the Thames estuary to the mudflats of Shoeburyness. There are plans for a new international airport there in the estuary 'boris Island' :)

/>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2088376/New-London-airport-Thames-Estuary-favoured-Government-says-Boris-Johnson.html

Awesome news, I can’t wait ;)

If you guys need any help with the ground photography work, central and north Scotland, I have spent many a year trekking through the glens. I’d be more than happy to help out.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys im studying aircraft maintenance engineering at the International Centre for Aerospace training. This facility is located metres from Cardiff International Airport of which i spend 5 days a week there. Please let me know if i can be of any assistance to this series via this email and ill be glad to help out if needed;

joshnewman@hotmail.co.uk

NZNI hasn't even made it's appearance yet and already I find myself looking forward to the UK scenery. With so many offering their help, there's no doubt it too is going to be a winner.

Regards,

Jim.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As I find myself spending more time on this forum, may I add my belated but sincere thanks for choosing Britain, and susquently Eire, as a project.

I know its far too soon to address the question of other add-ons and their compatiblity, and as JV states, it will largely be a question of ensuring the correct scenery library heirarchy. However, if I have VFR London and ACG's Duxford both on top of FTX Britain, I shall be very pleased to say the least !

I hope this will encourage UK freeware airfield builders now, because their creations can be set in scenery that compliments their efforts, rather than the default scenery which certainly does not. The thought of places like Old Sarum, Booker, Popham, Stapleford, Old Warden etc surrounded by FTX countryside is wonderful.

Well done Orbx...keep going chaps !! :D

Grrrrreat news! There's an airport just about every 5 miles in the UK. A logical choice for the special Orbx treatment.

Grrrrreat news! There's an airport just about every 5 miles in the UK. A logical choice for the special Orbx treatment.

Boetie, back in 1944 its reckoned there was a runway approximately every 5 miles in any direction, in South East England and East Anglia. There most certainly is NOT an airport every 5 miles wherever you go in the entire UK now ! ;)

I really hope they do my small local, EGHH, its small enough to land 737, 757 and 747SP's and they have a flying school there and they do more ga flights than normal ones plus it has a Citation Maintenance base there as well as FR Aviation so there is a decent amount of smaller jets at the airport, so there is really something for everyone with out the overhead that larger airports can have :)

At least I'll be able to fly with a bottle of proper Real Ale in my hand looking at our fabulous British scenery, all that cold, gassy Aussie lager has taken its toll...... :lol:

Cheerz. Transport Steve.

Have a pint for me Steve. Spent 4 years in the UK and sampling all the real ales was memorable. Maybe we could arrange a pub run via the Orbx country airstrips......

Archived