This Week's Meaningless Topic (#211)(Sept 18)

Hi all. As a teen, I worked summers in the hay fields gathering hay bales. My first time as stacker, I didn't know how properly to stack bales so the load would tie together; I just put them one on top the other. Of course, when we went bouncing back toward the barn, the load tumbled off. I apologetically looked at the other guys, but they just looked back at me in disgust. One of them said, "You made the mess. You clean it up," and everyone sat down in the tractor's shade to watch me reload the trailer by myself. Great lesson and great saying -- You made the mess. You clean it up. I've tried to live by that saying throughout my life. And that leads us to this week's topic.

THISWEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  What saying has been a life-long guide for your life?

• Like 8

Admittedly working in living history museum I and my staff have experiences way different from a "normal" work environment.  When strange things happen I refer to an old  US Navy recruiting slogan: "It's not a job. It's an adventure."

Kenng slogan "It's not a job. It's an adventure."

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, gumbypickett said:

My old boss would say, procrastination is the thief of time.

I stood there for 3hrs wondering what he was talking

about.:huh:

cheers

Gumby

I had one family member (here unnamed)  who would have been the president of the "Procrastinator Society of America" but he never got around to it.  He would have been a good one, too!

Ken

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

sadly lately I have used the 'it is what it is' and 'what goes around comes around' a lot it recent years, not wise or earth shattering but usually quite true....the first can be related to my DIY if you ask the wife...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, wain71 said:

sadly lately I have used the 'it is what it is' and 'what goes around comes around' a lot it recent years, not wise or earth shattering but usually quite true....the first can be related to my DIY if you ask the wife...

Ha ha. Can relate to the DIY Wayne :)

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, adambar said:

Nothing really because of my size, but I had a saying, don't tell me what to do and get your scrawny a$$ outta here, now! 😁

And that, Sir, is why so many great pro football players have come from your area! 🙂

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

And that, Sir, is why so many great pro football players have come from your area! 🙂

Indeed, I played JV and Varsity football at guard and tackle with an edge the way your supposed to, if you don't your going to get hurt.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, adambar said:

Indeed, I played JV and Varsity football at guard and tackle with an edge the way your supposed to, if you don't your going to get hurt.

Strange language - give me prop - Hooker and break away anytime 🙃

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Nothing strange about it, that's the way American football is played, with an edge. You have 6ft 5in or taller guys at over 300lb across from you wanting to take your head off, literally. 

Average NFL lineman is 6ft 5in at 315lbs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Nothing strange about it, that's the way American football is played, with an edge. You have 6ft 5in or taller guys at over 300lb across from you wanting to take your head off, literally. 

Average NFL lineman is 6ft 5in at 315lbs.

In a roundabout way, this video reminds me of another saying to live by -- "A saint is just a sinner who got up again." 😇

• Like 1