This Week's Meaningless Topic (#191)(May 1)

Hi all. I love landing on the dog-leg dirt strip on the razor-thin ridge at Ononge, PNG. P3D has a good version that is made even better by an Orbx enhancement. Orbx's Milo Taylor has just finished a set of breathtaking Idaho fire-watch sites to be released soon for MSFS2020. Even he crashes trying to land at them. I will pile up my Firefox numerous times trying to master all eleven of them. And that leads us to this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  What challenging airports/airstrips have you mastered? (Feel free to brag shamelessly)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Rodger I'm still struggling to land a glider

at YMML.:D

cheers

Gumby

Gumby, I still can't find the switch to start the darned things. At least you are in the air. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

For me that depends on the plane you fly: With an airliner there are quite some difficult places like

Innsbruck, Kai Tak, Sion, Calvi, Quito, Kathmandu, even Heraklion (due to the missing vertical reference).

With any plane my worst-to-land list contains

Lukla, Narvik and St. Barths (TFFJ).

I am sure some people even land a 747 in these places, in one way or another.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I did the 

Burj Al Arab Landing Challenge !

only took about 5 attempts - wouldn't say I'd mastered it though 😇

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

forgot to mention, that was in a Boeing 737, only issue was when I landed the doors all fell off, not sure where they landed......

Ohh, thats harsh isn't it? Sorry Boeing. Yes I lied it wasn't a 737 really. (you all knew that.....)

Edited by pilot100
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)

I can bounce into most places unless I am in a tail dragger, once the tails hits the ground I'm toast!!!!!

oh and I can never land a chopper, crash land probably describes it better...

Edited by wain71
spellcheck
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 2

T-Bone says: "Y'all landed that plane. ":angry:Why is it my fault Cap'n Karl?". Ah heck T-Bone I didn't say it was your fault, I'm just blaming youB):rolleyes:. Yea, yea guys go make fun of us. I was just a "little" late with the gear down. Ain't really my fault now, is it? Or are you all so picky, picky? Hilda we need some more b..rs:P up here if you will, pretty please. Hey Hilda are Y'all good back there? Yea ah's is, jis wondering if you two dingbats didn't have enough already:o? Jeeesh, he forgets to put the gear down. Who does that nowadays". Me: "Hilda didn't fergit, ah wus just a wee bit late pulling the leaver:angry:.   Have a great weekend guys and don't fergit to put the gear down before landing, it really is better that way, ah'm sure.:D Recommendations from the Mule Team. k

2024-4-26_13-23-13-53.jpg

• Haha 7

I landed safely with a C172 at Princess Juliana Airport TNCM.
But I almost missed the runway because all the bikini beauties

were waving at me as I approached. B)

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

Sorry for the late reply, but had to think about this.  Was it East Hampton, KHTO, the first time I tried to land the Mooney?  Ground effect, I almost ran out of runway.  No.  How about Kern Valley, L05, flying up the narrow canyon and hanging a really tight u-ey to land.  Maybe.  I'd say Big Bear City, L35 probably makes it.  Sinuous approaches, high mountains, and tricky weather with astronomical density altitudes make every landing without a broken airplane an achievement.

Ken

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1