YMML Melbourne International Airport for Prepar3D v5 and v6 - Coming soon!

Awesome looking forward too this and all the rest of the Orbx stuff too be compatible with V6.1 including global base and australian V2 Yay thanks Orbx !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes indeed very good news. I think more airports, regions and LC products will follow to be compatible with v6. Because it makes no sense to release only one product for v6. In this case ymml.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

As YMML in previous versions meant that Australia V2 was a requirement, does this mean Australia V2 will also be compatible with P3Dv6? 

Will also Global Base, Vector and LC also be compatible with P3Dv6 with the release of the airport please? 

When is the planned release for it please? @Orbx

• Upvote 1

I for one, with many others are happy and excited to see Orbx continue to support P3D in V6. I have many addons working just fine in v6, I would rather have the official install instead of tricking Central. Thank you so much Orbx for continuing to support those who still use P3D as their main simulator to enhance the sim. Your landscape addons are the best and I cant wait to fly within them once again in v6 fully. 

Also please consider following up on the work with the TrueEarth series for giving it more seasons instead of the only summer textures as in v6, they do look amazing, just a little let down by the summer only. Although it gives me a chance to still use the regions for those areas in the winter. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

While I don't fly in Australia, I am still so happy to see a new airport for P3D.  I hope this is a new beginning and we will see more.

Ken

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ken Terry said:

Hi, will it work on P3D4.5?

Thanks

Ken

it does only say 5 & 6 but I'm sure somebody will be able to try it.....I guess it will depend on EA because I believe that first came about in v5...

Hello,
this extract from the original User Guide is still relevant.

21.jpg

This refers to a product that was released several years ago and which has been subject to scrutiny from all angles.
On this occasion, the product under discussion does not yet exist.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

21.jpg

This refers to a product that was released several years ago and which has been subject to scrutiny from all angles.

Yes, but i only have the v1 installed and working fine with new products as well old products. The reason for not updating to v2 is that i am out of room on all my drives, and my mainboard does not support 9 drives, i have 8, and there is no room for v2, so will this work well with v1 installed? Just asking..

Edited by GHaukland

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

21.jpg

Any news on the orange runway textures with the MSFS version Nick? You did say some time ago that it was being looked at.;)

3 hours ago, swap777 said:

Would've been nice had this been for P3Dv4.5 as well. It's way more stable and system friendly than v5/v6.

Not sure that is correct. When I had P3DV5 installed, with the same graphics capabilities as V4. 5, its performance was better and was equally stable. Maybe it would be better to spend some time getting to know what V5 can actually do, you might be surprised. 

9 hours ago, swap777 said:

Would've been nice had this been for P3Dv4.5 as well. It's way more stable and system friendly than v5/v6.

only if you have a low end GPU and high end CPU. 

Edited by CaptainLens

• 2 weeks later...