Orbx Central for P3Dv6?

aguiar

Hi!

I just saw that some products are now compatible with P3Dv6 (like Base Pack, vector, openLC Europe), which is really great news!

But... Orbx Central doesn't see my P3Dv6...  (it did see P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 when those were still installed on my drive)

Anyone?

• Like 1

I'm going to download the personal version next week and then we'll see.  I'm going to put it on a 2tb SSD that I installed for Xplane 12.  I loaded Xplane 12 on it but then lost interest in that sim so almost 2tb free.  My 2tb C drive, which is an M2 drive has v5.4 and all the Orbx on it so only has a little under 200gb free.  Still not sure of the process for enabling all the v5.4 add ons for v6 so being cautious.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2023 at 4:36 AM, ExpressJetXE said:

I think in the past Orbx had to upgrade the Orbx central in order for it to recognize the new sim

yeah they posted in another thread that they are working on it, I guess they'll let us know when it's ready however I don't know what the problem is because some products are already showing that they are available for v6...

17 minutes ago, wain71 said:

I don't know what the problem is because some products are already showing that they are available for v6...

Hello,
to keep you up to date:
The only way to make the necessary tests of Orbx Central is to activate some of the products for P3D v6
in Orbx Direct.
The only difference this time versus P3D v4 to P3D v5, it that the last time, they were immediately
deactivated, so most customers missed it.
You would find that they cannot yet be obtained, even if you tried to do so.
Please bear with us while we work on this, it is not quite as straightforward as throwing a switch. :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 5

I am going to install a personal copy of v6 some time in the coming week.  I will report back what Central does after that.  Also, one of the products I don't have in v5 is EGTB  So if it becomes available in v6 I will buy it and see what happens.  I bought Xplane12 earlier this year but after trying it decided not to go further with it so never bought any Orbx or other add ons for XP12.  It shows up in Central for me and shows the Orbx products I never bought as available, but I guess that's a different situation with setting up v6. I very much appreciate the work you guys are doing to make v6 available and am in no big hurry.  Setting up v6 is going to be one of this winter's projects. 

• Like 1

On another Forum someone wrote : "It is annoying as all Orbx scenery has to be installed using Orbx Central. You can't download and install a package yourself. Your product is captured by Orbx"

I totally agree :

One particularly unfair behaviour of Orbx is to describe products as compatible with P3D V6 in Orbxfdirect writing you will need to use OrbxCentral to install the products while OrbxCentral still does not work for V6 

I do not even know this can be considered as legal : the compatibility with V6 indication should be removed until OrbxCentral is available. Any lawyer here ?

Orbx.thumb.jpg.fbdceecd5746e74928a7b3dfee239600.jpg

Edited by toorop58

2 hours ago, wolfko said:

Just a minor correction, it is not your product but you have only bought a license to use it. That's an important difference.

"Playing with words to not see the meaning" I agree but did not want to modify this because it has been written by another user

Edited by toorop58

Even if it appears that for he moment, despite their are announced compatible, you cannot buy products for the V6, what was the need to indicate in the store they are ?

First to put in the website considered as a store a false information without other clear indications is not correct

After that, this may lead people to buy V6 and finally make the constatation they cannot access the products

Definitely Orbx should not have mentionned the products as compatible with V6 before they really are

[url=https://goopics.net/i/p6vn8j][img]https://i.goopics.net/800/p6vn8j.jpg[/img][/url]

Edited by toorop58

4 hours ago, mfannee said:

Just a reminder. Nick explained it all already:

Are you not able to make the difference between what can be found on a forum and what is announced on a commercial website ?

Do you mean a any customer should subscribe to a forum to look for informations before to buy any product ?

This should not have been published on a commercial website / store 

b.thumb.jpg.d65f32fb21d388dea0941e9f240f7e40.jpg

2 hours ago, mfannee said:

Haha, have faith! It will all be solved in the end. 

Happy flying! 

It is not a problem of faith and I don't mind if they will solve it or not : it's a problem of disrespect of the customer showing false informations on a commercial website

I have been defending Orbx when people were complaining the products were not compatible saying thet needed time, but I cannot accept without reaction to see them showing their products as compatible on the store(i.e. OrbxDirect) while they know it's impossible to install them without Orbx Central being compatible : there was absolutely no need to mention V6 on the products website before getting Orbx Central compatible with V6

I wish everyone would turn the whinging volume down a bit and give Orbx the time to prepare a product that will be reliable and excellent. 

They have ALWAYS done the right things by customers and although this particular issue is not exactly curing cancer, it understandably may take some time to catch up to P3Dv6.

Just IMHO of course...

• Upvote 2

On 10/12/2023 at 4:16 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,
to expand a little more, for now, all of the products that were labelled as compatible with P3D v6 have had that label removed.
As a reminder of what I already posted, they were only labelled as such to enable some testing, there was never any intention of creating the "problem of disrespect of the customer showing false informations on a commercial website".

It was an unintended consequence, now corrected and apologies are offered to everyone who was affected.
Anyone who bought the products for the sole reason that they wanted to use them in P3D v6 and who is unable or unwilling to use the workaround to install them, is entitled to a refund.
However, I think that the release of the new version of Orbx Central that recognises P3D v6 may not be too far away, so it might be a better choice to wait for a little while longer.

Thanks for your answer. I appreciate

I have been defending Orbx from the begining saying after Prepar3D V6 was released we had to expect quietly for your products being compatible (if ther is any doubt you can find my previous posts). I think you shoud have done the same before puting the label V6 on the products :)

Even if it was not possible to buy directly a V6 version yet, the problem was for people ho may have bought V6 thinking they were able to use their Orbx products or people like me who own V4 and V5 and may have bought Orbx products for these versions thinking they were also able to use them in their V6 release. As there was absolutely no need or reason to display this label yet, I felt I had to react...

Everything OK now : many thanks to you

Just my 2 cents, I too purchased Prepar3dv6 but not yet installed it. Am waiting on official compatibility from not just Orbx but other favorites like QW, FSLabs, and PMDG to name a few. All apart from QW will eventually get there but may take some time - given other priorities at the moment.

Edited by a340500
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

I Have also purchased V6 but am yet to install it. Given the amount of items I have already in P3DV5 from Orbx, I don't want to forgo the excellent work provided since AUv1....

I can wait....

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Orbx Team,

Can you guys at least get the global products for P3Dv6.  I know it is all about the ROI on the product.  I run a business too, but I will be glad even if you charge for P3Dv6 (P3D is now at v6.1+).  But please do not tell me there has to be "testing done".  I know if you guys charge, then you will have to provide support but I am sure there can be a happy medium where we all can reach and it is beneficial to both parties.

Thanks

Edited by Airwolf
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

On 1/18/2024 at 12:48 PM, Airwolf said:

Dear Orbx Team,

Can you guys at least get the global products for P3Dv6.  I know it is all about the ROI on the product.  I run a business too, but I will be glad even if you charge for P3Dv6 (P3D is now at v6.1+).  But please do not tell me there has to be "testing done".  I know if you guys charge, then you will have to provide support but I am sure there can be a happy medium where we all can reach and it is beneficial to both parties.

Thanks

I second that. I wouldn't mind paying for an updated product. 

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/20/2024 at 1:28 PM, aguiar said:

I second that. I wouldn't mind paying for an updated product. 

I have Orbx Central installed on my Prepar3D v6 (-only) system, my finger itching to click the buy button on the basic Orbx products when they get listed.

I am not expecting anything from Orbx for P3Dv6 anymore. If they do surprise me, I will be very happy. If they don’t, I am already past being disappointed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2