Orbx Central for P3Dv6?

aguiar

3 hours ago, anzac1977 said:

When will Orbx just come out and say that they will not be supporting V6. As said above it pretty obvious that they do not seem at all interested in it.

Say it so we can just move on.

Only when there's a decision to not support V6.  At the moment there's work going on to support V6, maybe other priorities take precedence or maybe it's not as easy as you might think.

• Like 1

Hello,

long long ago, Orbx stopped giving timelines, aka "roadmaps", simply because there

were those who used them for negative purposes when they were not achieved.
I can tell you, as John just did, that there is work going on with a view to releasing
Orbx products for P3D v6.

A developer is constrained by the need to produce a fully working product, whereas the
customers who have made Orbx products work in P3D v6 for themselves can happily
overlook the anomalies that have resulted.

Also, expecting a commercial enterprise to have numerous staff stop work on new projects
in order to speed up work on a simulator version that is apparently generating few sales across
the entire flight simulation community, therefore for little or no financial return, is unrealistic.

I cannot give you any more information than that, as there is none.

P3D6 is really good.  Its a great sim and I find myself investing more money in it.  However, I think all of us who are flying P3D would appreciate occasional progress updates on what Orbx is doing with P3D.  

13 hours ago, John Dow said:

Only when there's a decision to not support V6.  At the moment there's work going on to support V6, maybe other priorities take precedence or maybe it's not as easy as you might think.

Hello John,

I have never assumed what Orbx work load is or if things are easy or hard to do.

All we have had is a post back in July last year that p3d customers will not be forgotten.

Then you release a update for central to see v6. Now I would have thought that with the release of that update some products would be made v6 compatible to actually use it. Instead all we got again was silence.

All I would like as a customer is an update (like you have just said above) every now and then, instead of dead silence on it.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

long long ago, Orbx stopped giving timelines, aka "roadmaps", simply because there

were those who used them for negative purposes when they were not achieved.
I can tell you, as John just did, that there is work going on with a view to releasing
Orbx products for P3D v6.

A developer is constrained by the need to produce a fully working product, whereas the
customers who have made Orbx products work in P3D v6 for themselves can happily
overlook the anomalies that have resulted.

Also, expecting a commercial enterprise to have numerous staff stop work on new projects
in order to speed up work on a simulator version that is apparently generating few sales across
the entire flight simulation community, therefore for little or no financial return, is unrealistic.

I cannot give you any more information than that, as there is none.

Hello,

When I read your last paragraph I understand that there will be nothing, no update! The reasons invoked are undoubtedly heard for a company, but despising customers is not the solution ...