There must be a reason why some are leaving this Orbx forum…

1 hour ago, timmo32 said:

Couldnt agree more with you Greg im all for P3Dv5.3 and have been a member of this forum for 13 years and really have no interest in MFS.

Please do not change this into another of this useless sim A vs sim B debate. You obviously missed the point of the OT.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gregmorin said:

I think is is nothing more than evolution in peoples lives and the simulator industry and community. I made the decision to stay with P3Dv5.3. There is little development for me at Orbx anymore. I own all I want. I also miss Jarred Marshal and a lot of the other developers who are no longer with us. I still visit everyday but I am not as active. The only constant in life is change. :)

Greg

Greg is so RIGHT!!  When I went from FSX to P3D 5 a year ago I purchased the "True Earth" sceneries.  Since then, not a single thing.  I have absolutely no interest in MSFS, and since Microsoft is in the middle of thousands of layoffs, I wonder if it will continue.  But most developers, and most tragically Orbx, have stopped producing much new material for P3D.  If they don't make it, I can't buy it, and I have many scenery areas and airports on my wish list.

But I still stay with the Forum.  I have some good friends here, but I really miss some friends who have dropped out.

Ken

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

My two bobs worth, I moved from FSX, to FSX:SE, then to P3D v4 and yet again to Xplane 11. Spent a good sum on addons for each and was reluctant to move to MSFS but after looking at a few videos prior to it's release in 2020 I bit the bullet and achieved XP and moved to MSFS. For me it has been marvellous and whilst there has been many frustrations, I have never regretted it. 

Maybe it suits me more as I fly bush planes, GA and Bizjets. I don't have a need to post here but do keep up with what is happening. One big factor for me not using this forum much now is that Orbx have not moved to the Discord forums. That is where I spend my time now as I spend little time on a Windows format when I'm not simming. This makes Discord the ideal medium for me as I can browse wherever I am on either my iPhone or iPad.

I would say I'm not alone here and perhaps this may be the biggest reason for falling numbers in this forum.

Time will tell. Cheers Anton.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From what I can tell this is happening at all of the screenshot forums not just at Orbx, I spent 20+ yrs at fligjtsim.com and avsim and there very few original members there at all. The ones that do post are the same few people all the time. Sign of the times I guess. Two many other things to worry about these days I guess, not the same world I grew up in. 😐

Well off to work on my fallout shelter.

Stay safe the best you can brothers and sisters and stay prepped for anything with a plan.

• Like 5

On 3/6/2023 at 8:28 PM, BrianT said:

Hi Anton, I'm sort of the oppositre to you in that I'm not a mad lover of Discord but Orbx are on there. https://discord.com/channels/830991978337927189/832119857188306945

I don't like Discord at all. I am a member on a couple of sites, had to be to get answers, that's the only reason, apart from that - no thanks.

Don

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

I don't like Discord at all. I am a member on a couple of sites, had to be to get answers, that's the only reason, apart from that - no thanks.

Devs are flocking to Discord because they feel "all are doing it". Was the same when facebook became "the thing". I can't understand why they exchange a well-organized and user-friendly forum for an unorganized and vexing mess.

I had to subscribe to a few channels to stay informed, too, but it's really not fun there.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, pmb said:

Devs are flocking to Discord because they feel "all are doing it". Was the same when facebook became "the thing". I can't understand why they exchange a well-organized and user-friendly forum for an unorganized and vexing mess.

I had to subscribe to a few channels to stay informed, too, but it's really not fun there.

Kind regards, Michael

Well said! I couldn't agree more.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

One big thing, Support forum closure (read only), was game changer for me.  🤕

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• Nick Cooper changed the title to There must be a reason why some are leaving this Orbx forum…