FS9 Vista Australis some more

andiflyit

Hi all,

here are some more shots of FS9 featuring the big freeware scenery pack VOZ 1.8 for Australia.

Sorry, but I cannot get rid of the red popup showing the fps. The usual shortcut doesn't do anything.

Flying itself works extremly well in FS9, I have some nice aircraft there, it's fun. And there are tons of freeware aircraft available which 

does not always work 100 % in FSX. And of course the framerates are not the problem with todays hardware. :)

At Brisbane

noYqVLR.jpg

XgVekeo.jpg

hedgGVl.jpg

txcfFqE.jpg

This shows the "World of AI" traffic, a fantastic freeware solution for worldwide AI traffic in FS9 using great AI models and paints.

They later adapted the flightplans for FSX but in my opinion it did not run in FSX as it did in FS9. 

Hh2ptHO.jpg

8Qgwof1.jpg

This is at Jandakot

1sx0bOb.jpg

If you look here directly underneath the aircraft you can see one of the biggest limitations in FS9 which is a ground resolution of only 4.2 or 4.5 m/pixel.

y0VH7ER.jpg

Perth International featuring a little PR

Fgjo3Nt.jpg

Here you can see the colors switched to the SW region of Australia, otherwise it would be too green or so.  

Opz5LOd.jpg

ieZhJw7.jpg

dpeSlyY.jpg

And this is a wonderful little PR at Fremantle which unfortunately never made it's way to Orbx Australia V1. :)

5pTYbqo.jpg

Here you can see the GUI of the VOZ Switcher. This is a tool to switch the regions of AU in order to get the appropriate environment.

It works well on my system using Win 10.

PgGCVyH.jpg

And here you can see the 4 different splash screens of VOZ which reminds you which region is installed. So if you want to go YSSY and the SW region 

is activated than you have forgotten something! :)

s1b5IWp.jpg

So this was great and a lot of fun in thoose days. And it brought me to Orbx later and within all these years I installed quite a lot of Orbx sceneries.

Thank you very much for viewing!

Cheers

Andreas  

• Like 7

Fine made serie of remembrance shots because the VOZ-Australia add was the start for my FlightSim adventure with, for that time, gorgeous textured scenes.

Edited by ikbenik
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BradB said:

Good memories Andrea , thanks for the post . 

Thanks a lot John!

2 hours ago, ikbenik said:

Fine made serie of remembrance shots because the VOZ-Australia add was the start for my FlightSim adventure with, for that time, gorgeous textured scenes.

Yes, you are right, to have such a big scenery pack in those days was great. Thank you very much for your kind comment!

59 minutes ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

How far the simulator has come today.  I'll take my MSFS 2020 over FS9 any day of the week - shocking what we used to consider good scenery back then with the repeated land class tiles.   LOL.   

We all know what is good scenery today! And of course nobody will prefer FS9 instead of P3d or XP or MSFS...it's long ago but it was fun! B)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Those are remarkably good images considering it was FS9, well done.:)

Mine never looked anything as good as shown here.:o

Thanks a lot Martyn! :) It looks better on today's hardware of course than on the old stuff. If I'am right I've had an Ahtlon II 250

and something like a Nvidia 8400 GS or so for years. And Win XP and because of this only 3 gb RAM. 

16 hours ago, paulb said:

Nice set of shots Andreas. Brings back good memories.

Thank you very much Paul, glad you like it!

some great shots there, the amazing thing when you look back at some of the older stuff is how well they did with such little resources from the hardware, 4gig ram etc, I remember a flight I did into Manchester, the first time I used Aerosoft Airbus and I had my first OOM, I was gutted as I landed and it all disappeared...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Good looking shots from the past - and how good it was, compared to the default before. VOZ had really opened a new dimension, optically and technically.

Thank you Gerold. This are exactly my thoughts after the first installation. I've to do shots of 2 other places: YLIL and YCUN. 

12 hours ago, Kodiak73 said:

Nice looking shots Andreas, that sure brings back some fond memories.

Thanks a lot, glad you like!

3 hours ago, wain71 said:

some great shots there, the amazing thing when you look back at some of the older stuff is how well they did with such little resources from the hardware, 4gig ram etc, I remember a flight I did into Manchester, the first time I used Aerosoft Airbus and I had my first OOM, I was gutted as I landed and it all disappeared...

Thank you Wayne, yes, the famous OOM.:)  I never used such heavy addons in Win XP, FS9 and FSX because of that. In 64-bit it's better. 

• Like 1