Going on a little trip

So you don't all have to worry, I will be out of town for the next 4 days. I might pop on here, I might not. Going to New York City for an event with other Veterans. Will be lots of beers. 

Cheers!

Landon

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

have a beer for me there Landon, hope you have a great time and if it's like some vet things I have been to you'll have a good old drink and reminisce over old times and go through some old tales to...also a drink to anyone who's not there for whatever reason... 

• Like 4

I am back...was a GREAT trip! Had an amazing time. Lot's of adult beverages were consumed, lots of sightseeing (even made it to a full Yankees game!) and plenty of stories and reminiscing was to be had. 

Landon

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Good to read, Landon. Now take a week off to recover…B)

Well Gerold, I am recovered now...took care of that on the 4 hour plane flight back to Colorado ;) It's a quick turn-around, as next week I will be departing again. Going on an 8 day road trip from Colorado up to South Dakota and Wyoming to camp and explore Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park, The Black Hills National Forest, The Badlands National Park and Devil's Tower National Monument. :) Should be a fun trip!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

So glad you had a great time, Landon.  My only wishes are:

1.  You had more time here in the "Far East".

2.  I'd known you were planning the trip earlier.

Why?

I would have loved to try to meet up in person, if possible, and,of course, if you wanted to.

Ken

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ken Q said:

So glad you had a great time, Landon.  My only wishes are:

1.  You had more time here in the "Far East".

2.  I'd known you were planning the trip earlier.

Why?

I would have loved to try to meet up in person, if possible, and,of course, if you wanted to.

Ken

Well Ken, of course I would have been down to meet you. This trip would have been tough though, as we were on a very tight and programmed schedule. And it was a quick turn around. But, I will most likely do it again next year, and since I know you are interested, if we really planned, we could figure out a quick link up. For this event, I am not in charge of the schedule and most everything is paid for by someone else, so that is why I have to stick to the program. 

Bottom line, I will do better next time ;) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

If we can make it work, Landon, it would be great!  But I'm a realist, too.  But let's try.

BTW, anyone else who ventures to the NY area, and has some tims, PM me, and we can see what we can do. (Open invite).

Ken

• Like 4

sounds like you had a great time, here's to your next trip...I envoy you being able to see a full game, I get to watch them over here in England but would love one day to see a game in real life....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Well Gerold, I am recovered now...took care of that on the 4 hour plane flight back to Colorado ;) It's a quick turn-around, as next week I will be departing again. Going on an 8 day road trip from Colorado up to South Dakota and Wyoming to camp and explore Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park, The Black Hills National Forest, The Badlands National Park and Devil's Tower National Monument. :) Should be a fun trip!

You´re getting around, Landon.... You should begin to post your flight plans here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I only came across this post the other day.

Glad you were able to meet up with your fellow vets and from the sound of things you had a great time.

Now off on an exciting road trip which I am sure you will enjoy.:)

• Like 2

On 7/1/2022 at 9:31 AM, Stillwater said:

You´re getting around, Landon.... You should begin to post your flight plans here!

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Now off on an exciting road trip which I am sure you will enjoy.:)

Thank you both. I always love a good road trip. This one will have plenty of sights to see, some days and nights camping and a few hotel days as well. No flight plan though Gerold ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1