Great Barrier Reef - Reefworld

ikbenik

A fine modelled little area of the Great Barrier Reef  is the by Orbx-partner 'AUscene' called 'Reefworld' and located near the Hamilton Island at the NE Coast of Australia.

Must be a an experienced Heli-pilot to land on the pontoons and I had to practice a lot before I finally succeeded to perform safe landings in the gorgeous Airbus H145.

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-0.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-1.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-2.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-3.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-4.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-5.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-6.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-7.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-8.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-9.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-10.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-11.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-12.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-13.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-14.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-15.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-16.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-17.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-18.jpg

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-19.jpg

Back to Hamilton Airport with a couple of very satisfied tourists having a lot of fun and a tanned skin

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-20.jpg

• Like 7

I purchased Auscene's Reef World and they were good enough to respond to my inquiry regarding the horrible blurry reef textures. Apparently they said it's an issue with Flight Simulator 2020, however I have seen non blurry textured reef shots on the web.

I have the Australia Update installed, and I have placed or my Orbx cityscape addons with aero_orbx ...etc, to fix the Sydney Harbour Bridge duplication.

Does anybody know how to fix the blurry reef textures on the great barrier reef? 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :)

You can see the ugly reef textures behind the pontoon in the picture below.

Great-Barrier-Reef-World-8.jpg

Edited by jasonr71
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jasonr71 said:

I purchased Auscene's Reef World and they were good enough to respond to my inquiry regarding the horrible blurry reef textures. Apparently they said it's an issue with Flight Simulator 2020, however I have seen non blurry textured reef shots on the web.

I have the Australia Update installed, and I have placed or my Orbx cityscape addons with aero_orbx ...etc, to fix the Sydney Harbour Bridge duplication.

Does anybody know how to fix the blurry reef textures on the great barrier reef? 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :)

Hi,

Yes, I remarked while flying to this destination: all blurred 'barrier reef scene'. Other, mostly coastal area's and waterbodies are fine modelled.

You mention that you have seen non blurred textures, where? What source? I'm curious, maybe helpful to indicate to AUscene for assistance.

Best regards,

Johnny(alias 'ikbenik')

15 hours ago, ikbenik said:

Great Barrier Reef Textures

Hi Ikbenik

Thanks for your response. I should've been a little more specific! I was talking about reef textures around other parts of the globe in Flight Simulator 2020. I don't understand why the same textures were not added into this region. Especially for the fact that Australia's Great Barrier Reef is on the world's heritage list.

I wonder if REX simulations will bring out an environment texture pack which is available for the previous version of MS Flight Simulator. I own this texture pack and not only did it include Clouds, Sky textures for sunsets and sunrise, but it also included types of waves, and coral reef textures.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Johnny. My family were booked to sleep on the reef last year, then a virus ruined it. Maybe one day we’ll feature in your shots. Thanks for sharing mate:)

Cheers

Graeme :)

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1