Hi guys

Hello everyone. Been AWOL  for a bit, that's life. Had a very small quickie (flight :D) the other day, will post a pic later. Quite frankly, a quickie flight is about all I'm capable of these days:lol::(. Looking to get airborne a bit more this year. Got a birthday present from wife today, very nice, a Grass Monkey kit, something to get into tonight . I've seen it on YouTube looks good can't wait to give it a try. Hope to be able to get around the Forums over the next  few weeks, looking forward to seeing your pics.

Regards,

Don

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

So, first off, great to hear from you Don! I hope things go better for you, improve or life in general just goes well for you from here on out ;) 

As to all those wondering what a Grass Monkey Kit is, it's an IR head tracking setup, similar to a TrackIR kit. I don't how good they are in comparison to TrackIR, but I am sure Don will let us know :) Oh, and Happy Birthday Don!

Cheers,

Landon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, wain71 said:

great to see you back, I have no idea what a Grass Monkey kit is though?

Thanks mate. As Langdon said, similiar to a TrackIR but a lot more affordable. gave it a quick whizz last night after setting it up, and it works very well. I had TrackIR a few years back, but ran into trouble with it and got no help from them so chucked it in the bin. So by comparison at first try, this seems to be as good. It will be all I need anyway. and beats having to put up with MSFS camera system which I never liked, even with the drone. 

Regards,

Don 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Happy Birthday Don, get or stay well. Have some more quickies, flights for sure. And lebt us know what a grass monkey is…

Thanks Gerold. Grass Monkey is the same as TrackIR, probably not as sophisticated, but does the same job for a lot less $$$$$.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hi Don. Good to have you back. Hope all your flying is good this year, and may you and the monkey enjoy many coconuts.

Thanks Rodger. Doc's got me on new meds, so I hoping to be able to get more flying in, and keep an eye on what you lot are up to:)

Don

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

So, first off, great to hear from you Don! I hope things go better for you, improve or life in general just goes well for you from here on out ;) 

As to all those wondering what a Grass Monkey Kit is, it's an IR head tracking setup, similar to a TrackIR kit. I don't how good they are in comparison to TrackIR, but I am sure Don will let us know :) Oh, and Happy Birthday Don!

Cheers,

Landon

Hi Landon, yep you're right on the money - same as TrackIR, the low budget model. Thanks for the best wishes, I am heaps better, but still on a time limit for computer/flying time. But I'll make the best of what I've got, do some flying and post a couple of pics. :) I'm pretty impressed with the Grass Monkey on my initial test, easy to set up, and seems to work fine. Just need to get a few flights in, it does get a bit of getting used to, mainly head movement. I remember having the same thing with TrackIR when I bought it, many moons ago.

Don 

• Like 1