Caribbean Cargo

Stillwater

I did not fly or post for some weeks. One could say, that was because there are no regular flights out of Port-au-Prince, Haiti, these days.

SkrvFJe.jpg

But the nature looks great, for example at Lake Azuei, ...

FAjsFpS.jpg

... looking back to the west from the border.

LFesWsF.jpg

The eastern half of the island (Domenican Republic) has a much better infrastructure.

cDx9Ytd.jpg

Even better is the next island to the east, Puerto Rico. Here we are already at its eastern tip.

bk9bBH6.jpg

Fredriksted, currently a US colony, shows some scenery mismatches. I had them before and solved it, but I don´t remember. And don´t care.

H9ZzStX.jpg

As long as the destination shows up well.

Xmd1fod.jpg

Princess Juliana International airport.

aetQU2F.jpg

The classical view.

9UDoBFe.jpg

The even more classical view.

wV2sZyz.jpg

cBXe7Vt.jpg

St. Maarten.

PWUMlCl.jpg

• Like 8

Nice continuation of your Caribbean adventure Gerold. You can blame your long delay on the lack of flights out of Port Au Prince all you want, but we all know it was more likely you took up short term residence in one of the local watering holes and were perhaps investigating the underground voodoo culture for the spooky season ;) 

Cheers!

Landon  

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Enjoyed your flight Gerold!!!!!!!!  I have not flown in that part of the world before, great shots.

Thanks a lot John. A part of the world well worth flying too, just look at all these small islands around!

4 hours ago, BradB said:

Great to see you posting shots again Gerold , these are “Purrfect” . :):D

During this flight my furry copilot was not on duty, John. She just arrived some minutes ago...

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent flight Gerold, I love the approach shots.

Thank you Jack. One of the few successful landings in the last days, I fell out of training.

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Nice continuation of your Caribbean adventure Gerold. You can blame your long delay on the lack of flights out of Port Au Prince all you want, but we all know it was more likely you took up short term residence in one of the local watering holes and were perhaps investigating the underground voodoo culture for the spooky season ;) 

Cheers!

Landon  

You are right Landon, somewhat spooky creatures around here... I have to escape (or find sweets).

• Like 3

18 hours ago, boetie said:

That's a great set Gerold. That final approach shot is awesome.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thank you Graeme. I am sure you mean the one where I blow that rider from the street?

7 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Very entertaining indeed thanks mate!

Thanks TT. My pleasure to fly a 777 after some weeks of interruption.

23 hours ago, wain71 said:

nice shots Gerold...

Thank you, Wayne.

13 hours ago, adambar said:

Fantastic shots Gerold. :)

My pleasure, Adam!

On 11/8/2021 at 7:45 PM, Captain Lars said:

Cool aircraft and even cooler shots! Also, Autobreak 3 is a sound choice for a freighter landing in St. Maarten.

What I don't understand is that you landing didn't draw more attention from the beach going public. :P

Thanks for watching, and watching carefully my landing setup. OK, you are a 777 enthusiast, I know.

St. Maarten´s runway is long enough if you arrive there with empty tanks. Probably even a go-around would be safe...

I also don´t know why the spectators have not been getting me some more applause. Perhaps they were already waiting for the Mule team to bring more drinks.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I also don´t know why the spectators have not been getting me some more applause. Perhaps they were already waiting for the Mule team to bring more drinks.

They are looking at a giant octopus that tried to reach for your landing gear while you were on approach...

• Haha 2