Winter Time Down Under

1 hour ago, John York said:

Blimey, I knew you have rain down under but always thought it was too warm to snow!

There is plenty of snow on the great divide in eastern Victoria and southern NSW. I was the same as you John and was very surprised when we were told in a geography lesson back in the 60s that Australia had snow!

Victoria's Alpine Resorts | 2021 - Safe and Fun - Snowplay, Skiing and Snowboarding (snowvictoria.com)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Much better with Chocolate Penguins. Which if you don’t know is a sweet here in the UK. Thanks Derek.

Years ago I was aghast when my brother told me that someone threw a Penguin into the lion enclosure at Cleethorps zoo. I was relieved when he added that it was ok as the lion couldn't get the wrapper off.:rolleyes:  Along with the Club Bar a Penguin is something that I miss but we do have Tim Tams!;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Ok I have to ask. What are Tim Tams. Derek.

Derek, they are exceedingly tasty chocolate covered biscuits that go well with a mug of tea. They often have special limited edition flavours too.

The 0.5 star health rating on the packet is an absolute lie!:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Derek, they are exceedingly tasty chocolate covered biscuits that go well with a mug of tea. They often have special limited edition flavours too.

The 0.5 star health rating on the packet is an absolute lie!:lol:

I. can buy them on Amazon and they are almost 5 stars ........:rollmyeyes::P:wub::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Years ago I was aghast when my brother told me that someone threw a Penguin into the lion enclosure at Cleethorps zoo. I was relieved when he added that it was ok as the lion couldn't get the wrapper off.:rolleyes:  Along with the Club Bar a Penguin is something that I miss but we do have Tim Tams!;)

Our kids love them, regardless of their health star rating…

image.thumb.jpeg.3d9dc77f446c5fb6126947d137162ad7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Down here in Tassie  (which is a state of Australia divided by Bass Strait from the Mainland)

we have all four seasons, which has all the elements of the seasons.

So far it has been a mild Winter, a little highland snow but no snow shoveling.

The top end of Aus they are in the dry season basking in 30+deg celsius  temps.

Lucky buggers.

BTW Tim Tams the best.:rolleyes:

cheers

Gumby

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Down here in Tassie  (which is a state of Australia divided by Bass Strait from the Mainland)

we have all four seasons

When we walked around Dove Lake, we had all four seasons in one day. One half day, to be precise :D.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Okay, you Aussie salesmen, my wife saw the pictures of Tim Tams and. being an enthusiastic tea drinker, marched off to Amazon and ordered a pack. Cost as much as two kangaroos and a wallaby, but, by golly, we are going to try your Tim Tams. Thanks a lot! :D

I saw the price and thought maybe it was cheaper to fly to OZ to buy them locally . :unsure::o:lol:

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 2

Now you must remember the correct way to eat them. Bite off two diagonal corners, place one corner in your tea and suck the tea through the other corner like a straw. I’ll let you to find out the nice little surprise by yourself :)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2021 at 2:04 PM, boetie said:

Now you must remember the correct way to eat them. Bite off two diagonal corners, place one corner in your tea and suck the tea through the other corner like a straw. I’ll let you to find out the nice little surprise by yourself :)

21 hours ago, wolfko said:

Best way to have a Tim Tam is the Tim Tam explosion. :lol:

(1258) Natalie Imbruglia's Tim Tam Explosion - YouTube

I would like to See the same by Graeme…!

• Upvote 3