Nature knowledge from Canada to my Aussie friends

Okay, the joke has run its course. Forgive me fellow conspirators, but in the interests of Forum civility, I'm letting everyone in on the joke. A jackalope is not a real creature. It is a tourist come-on invented by a taxidermist, who took horns from a dead prairie antelope and stuck them on a dead prairie jackrabbit as a joke on tourists who were coming from the east to experience the "real" west. The joke is still popular, and "jackalopes" can be purchased at tourist traps east-west from Minnesota to Montana, and north-south from North Dakota to Texas. The Canadian dolphin shown above, on the other hand, is quite real. ;)

13 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

What a great National Geographic-post here, thanks Karl for this initiative.

We don´t have dolphins here in Germany, the most exotic animal probably is the Wolpertinger https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolpertinger

I believe the  Wolpertinger  is a distant cousin of the Jackalope.:)

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

What a great National Geographic-post here, thanks Karl for this initiative.

We don´t have dolphins here in Germany, the most exotic animal probably is the Wolpertinger https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolpertinger

sc4fWk5.jpg

Oh my mama's drawers, what a beauty! This is surely the Best of Show! Thanks, Gerold :lol:

22 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Yep, we have a few of those lurking in our waters John

Ah man, I wish you guys would stop posting these strange looking "Dolphin's". Now Hilda want's one. She said: "Why I don't believe I've seen anything that cute since my Yogi and cap'n Karl I think our passengers would me tickled to death by this cutie":o:wacko::D(If y'all don't know Yogi is her pet Grizzly you can see him in the above pic. in my post):rolleyes::D

• 4 weeks later...

Jackalope, Wolpertinger!  Obviously, the taxidermy business is not doing too well.  Taxidermists have left over animal parts, and WAAAY too much time on their hands!

• 1 month later...

Archived