Sounds like a Buddy Holly song, but it's really another gem from JK Blom!

I love the Cub - but really can't decide on those Tundra wheels.

Correction: I've decided .... I hate them, LOL!

zk-boy-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

Near NZAR (Ardmore) - Orbx NZNI.

Well done JK - many thanks - looking forward to featuring more!

Adam.

On 5/18/2020 at 6:01 AM, Steve Colbert said:

Amazing shot and paint! As for ugliness, I read once that there are no ugly airplanes and sure enough I once thought Boeing Stratocruisers were ugly now I have books about their history and models!

You're talking to someone who thinks the PZL Wilga is gorgeous ... the Airtruk as "full of character" and the BN-2 Islander is "handsome". There are lots of wonderful sites out there with polls for the ugliest aircraft of all time. Quite unbelievable, some of them.

On 5/18/2020 at 4:18 PM, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful image Adam and those tyres are very useful...……...

……...if you are flying in the Tundra!:o

Nah ... I'd go grab me an An-2! ;)

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice shot Adam, I love that NZ scenery, especially the trees.

Orbx sure did a great job on the greenery in NZ!

Thanks for all the other comments, folks - sad to say I remember Nancy S. from when that song was released!

Adam.

Lovely shots, Adam! Those mountains and trees are really looking fantastic. 

I am not being able to get proper cloud shadows in v5.Did you experience something similar before? In this specific shot, your shadows are perfectly depicted. 

24 minutes ago, Dario said:

I am not being able to get proper cloud shadows in v5.Did you experience something similar before? In this specific shot, your shadows are perfectly depicted. 

It's all a little complicated:

1) I've tried REX/ASCA and ActiveSky to at least give me some decent cloud textures to begin with.

2) They hardly show with EA/Truesky anyway - so I stick to the more stable standard mode.

3) I ended up using EnvShade (seeing as it looks unlikely that PTA, Tomatoshade or ReShade are being worked on for v5.

4) I'm now experimenting with HDR mode totally disabled in P3D. Surprisingly, it's not too bad! At least it nobbles that awful luminance adaptation effect.

However - even without all the messing about, I think I got decent shadows. They're more pronounced if you use one of the cloudier weather themes (Eg. "Cold Fronts").

I think that particular shot was taken when I was tweaking the Cloud.fx file manually because there was a problem with EnvShade.

3 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

It's all a little complicated:

1) I've tried REX/ASCA and ActiveSky to at least give me some decent cloud textures to begin with.

2) They hardly show with EA/Truesky anyway - so I stick to the more stable standard mode.

3) I ended up using EnvShade (seeing as it looks unlikely that PTA, Tomatoshade or ReShade are being worked on for v5.

4) I'm now experimenting with HDR mode totally disabled in P3D. Surprisingly, it's not too bad! At least it nobbles that awful luminance adaptation effect.

However - even without all the messing about, I think I got decent shadows. They're more pronounced if you use one of the cloudier weather themes (Eg. "Cold Fronts").

I think that particular shot was taken when I was tweaking the Cloud.fx file manually because there was a problem with EnvShade.

Thank you very much for your answer. Best regards!

Archived