various from Sahara deserts - Tibesti, Ennedi, Aïr ... plenty of beautiful places to explore

jean marc

I am preparing slowly a long exploration of Africa wonders - like somethings differents posts (Artic story in standby :ph34r:) but it would take quite a long time to complete these trips (always very busy by my work so no much time to advance ...)

To not wait upto the end, here are first shots, just to show how great are these areas with many distinctive landscapes : desert is not desert, thanks to AfricaOpenLC

PS Great to use LittleNavMap for accurate relief maps and to look for interesting places to fly...also old TPC charts available on http://legacy.lib.utexas.edu/maps/tpc/

P3dv4-5 - and at the end Aïr in P3dv5

Tibesti Mountains (Chad)

NQIBMr7.jpg

xilrInj.jpg

0NCXAgs.jpg

RceAX6t.jpg

iP1Vq8M.jpg

oIGCEnn.jpg

Ta85s39.jpg

djzAEEt.jpg

tX1QMo9.jpg

To Ennedi (Chad)

I4uG6pp.jpg

BCqtSK3.jpg

8pxkQvt.jpg

8hn0iQC.jpg

DYGp08G.jpg

To Emi Koussi and Tobago Hills (Soudan)

UELlS1g.jpg

8yLG3FY.jpg

SpEAPqR.jpg

UYLwu0B.jpg

18b

8cTfnAZ.jpg

Ethiopia - Omo valley (great people and our old ancester Lucy - eldest known prehuman australopithecus afarensis) and Afar (volcanos and terrible Donakil people) 

bCu1fEw.jpg

3rR7xdd.jpg

Sye1xvv.jpg

gD4F4Fk.jpg

3l905Iq.jpg

D983i8A.jpg

BSaY6I5.jpg

2Mn1J4f.jpg

VFKZD8T.jpg

xVY6ijh.jpg

AKMJ41t.jpg

EGJ1yck.jpg

k3EoxyD.jpg

oh4QHNI.jpg

zweh8bz.jpg

j0rE847.jpg

wCudX7C.jpg

VgDkuWf.jpg

Eritra 

dX3DPFz.jpg

3V4s4jE.jpg

Aïr (Niver) in P3d4

HDLQSUW.jpg

pEF1Vdj.jpg

VFD9fbg.jpg

in P3dv5

ScSVd8C.jpg

XMey1M9.jpg

eyYKede.jpg

t8FEfcI.jpg

sZBO3Sa.jpg

gaSlQ61.jpg

Uhf0P7X.jpg

iJjNhzU.jpg

and so many other and for each one many things to insert about people, history, wildlife,... but the life should be still long :)

Happy African Flights !

On 23 avril 2020 at 10:37 PM, Hauer said:

Superb series... well done!

Many thanks Herman :)

On 23 avril 2020 at 10:37 PM, BradB said:

Wow - Outstanding post Jean Marc !! .

Outstanding Africa O0 Glad you. Liked John

On 24 avril 2020 at 12:52 AM, VH-KDK said:

The first few images are amazing for OLC.

Apologies Jean Marc, I don't have the time to look at it all now but I will look forwards to going through it later.;)

Thank you Martyn ... You will have plenty of time to come back and to see next the posts full of details :) I guarantee many inserts the next time :P

On 24 avril 2020 at 2:06 AM, adambar said:

Amazing stuff once again Jean Marc, great job! 

And it is the quick edition without the all future inserted pictures and stories :P  thank you very much Adam :)

On 4/24/2020 at 2:39 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Another labor of love Jean Marc.

oh yes and a great exploration of an amazing continent...It is quite difficult and very uncomfortable* (or highly expensive in private 4WD etc) to visit such places - so a virtual sim tour is a luck thanks to Open LC O0 Thank you Jack :) 

* I've been in Southern Senegal and in Mali upto Tombouctou with local transportation ... sometimes some trucks like the one on shot #6...we were on the top on the truck full days ...

On 4/24/2020 at 10:32 AM, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Great looking shots!

That background information is very valuable. Thanks for your efforts in putting this together.

Thank you very much for your kind comment Eberhard...Next time it will be with more African liveries and some of yours B)

On 4/24/2020 at 12:01 PM, Kev D said:

Great stuff.......a lot of time and effort put into this...well done

Thank you Kev...and it is only the beginning very uncompleted :lol:

On 4/24/2020 at 12:27 PM, Taph said:

Great post, thank you

so many things to show from these amazing countries ! Thank you Taph - Happy flight in Africa...but not too high not too fast O0

On 4/24/2020 at 12:35 PM, Kulbit said:

Thanks for sharing it !! 

Stunning shots !!

Happy you liked Kulbit :)

4 minutes ago, jean marc said:

It is quite difficult and very uncomfortable* (or highly expensive in private 4WD etc) to visit such places - so a virtual sim tour is a luck thanks to Open LC

Oh indeed uncomfortable, at least. All the "official" road controls, warlords or just armed officials and unofficials blocking the roads. OpenLC is the solution for comfortable travels!

On 4/24/2020 at 1:18 PM, schtroumf said:

It's really well done, well done:o

Thank you Olivier... To be continued B)

On 4/24/2020 at 1:21 PM, wain71 said:

thanks for sharing, not only great shots but also a very informative amount of narration, I really enjoyed the trip.....

Glad you liked Wain - your comment is much appreciated :) I think it is more convenient to know a bit about the flight places otherwise it quite far and lost in the huge continent ... and many comments will be added (but I will try to limit them too :lol:)

12 hours ago, olderndirt said:

You sir are a human encyclopedia and not a bad screen shot artist either. 

Thank you OND ...

I have a few excellents books from Theodore Monod, Wilfred Thesiger, Yves Coppens (3 Grand Men) ... and Google help - so just to pick up some details of these reading :) 

Always a huge pleasure to see beautiful shots isn't it ? I collected thousands of great pictures and just need times to insert them B)

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Some masterpiece shots, once again, Jean Marc. especially these first ones are OLC at its finest!

I will have to store some of your flight routes to redo them in my p3dv4, some later moment...

Thank you  Gerold

Some of my favorites too with grear rock details :) It is necessary to be slow and low to appreciate such places ... and to trick and to jump by the map new location when it is too long from a point to another point :P 

Hoping to see next some of your shots in similar places :)

14 minutes ago, Stillwater said:
20 minutes ago, jean marc said:

It is quite difficult and very uncomfortable* (or highly expensive in private 4WD etc) to visit such places - so a virtual sim tour is a luck thanks to Open LC

Oh indeed uncomfortable, at least. All the "official" road controls, warlords or just armed officials and unofficials blocking the roads. OpenLC is the solution for comfortable travels!

...and a terrible poverty - injustice and immorality at some places... eg. a guy without any basic medecine drugs despite a dispensary in the village...from where all the drugs have been stolen or sold 

However I will go once in Namibia, Madagascar, Ethiopia, Northern Niger & Chad ... the 2 last would suit for winter holidays as summer holidays would be very uncertain this year B)

Have you already been in such Deserts places ?

13 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

A fantastic post with some really good screenshots, marvellous. OLC landscape is tremendous at times. As it is always the case with your postings. :)

much appreciated Lars :) so great to have finally open LC Africa ! Happy flights !

2 hours ago, jean marc said:

It is necessary to be slow and low to appreciate such places ... and to trick and to jump by the map new location when it is too long from a point to another point :P

That is indeed the challenge in this big, big continent. Until now I hold my philosophy to simulate all relocations by flying, but I am sure there will be some jumping to come. :-

Hoping to see next some of your shots in similar places :)

Will do, will do...B)

However I will go once in Namibia, Madagascar, Ethiopia, Northern Niger & Chad ... the 2 last would suit for winter holidays as summer holidays would be very uncertain this year B)

Have you already been in such Deserts places ?

Some countries are safe, some not so much... I have not been to Africa at all :'(. And SAAs high probablity of officially going bankrupt in the next days would destroy my already puchased (and paid) flight. :banghead:

Archived