Fabulous Freycinet

Stillwater

Another day, another morning flight. From Hobart, Tasmania...

bm39KUX.jpg

JMtPDMh.jpg

... over the road crossings at Sorell...

xBx4vpG.jpg

... and then heading south, ...

AHyC7vi.jpg

... to the historic site of Port Arthur.

deh3EPv.jpg

Up the coast to the nice OZx airstrip of Lagoon Bay, ...

HD5uZeL.jpg

... Maria Island, another historic convict place, ...

LE4zRB8.jpg

... and the villages of Triabunna...

GXcYKFk.jpg

... and Swansea, ...

SQsC7B0.jpg

... leads us to the Freycinet NP. Coles bay to the left, the Hazards to the right.

GzBrHTP.jpg

A little round over Cape Tourville lighthouse...

Hv9OJA7.jpg

... and to Wineglass Bay.

Waa8RT7.jpg

mVFlVO5.jpg

stvJsT4.jpg

The right place to land here is Friendly Beaches.

6ejLyla.jpg

CwpmAmn.jpg

hiXDRIO.jpg

Nice work Gerald. As a Tasmanian I have flown into all those strips (in real life) many times in my shared Beech Musketeer Super III. Tassie is a fantastic place to fly in. It is nice to have such good Orbx scenery to get a feel for it when you cannot be in the real thing. Shame no company makes the Beech Musketeer/Sierra (the latter a retractable)!

Bernie

Great series Gerold. Very narrative and good real world comparisson.

27 minutes ago, wain71 said:

I had this plane years ago, wonder if it still works for p3dv4?..amybe download and see...

They even made it P3Dv4 compatible for free!

6 hours ago, wain71 said:

superb shot, I had this plane years ago, wonder if it still works for p3dv4?..amybe download and see...

Thank you Wain. And you see from the replies how good this forum is!

5 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

They even made it P3Dv4 compatible for free!

That´s the way this forum helps enhancing the fun.

5 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Great series Gerold. Very narrative and good real world comparisson.

Thank you Ben. Tassie is a great region to Simulate & to travel...!

5 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great post Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Another nicely narrated tour Gerold!

You´re welcome, Jack. The Tasman Bridge in Hobart awaits you...

5 hours ago, schtroumf said:

A very nice series, well done:)

Thanks Olivier.

3 hours ago, adambar said:

Great set of shots Gerold! :)

My pleasure, Adam!

6 hours ago, BernieFlyer said:

Nice work Gerald. As a Tasmanian I have flown into all those strips (in real life) many times in my shared Beech Musketeer Super III. Tassie is a fantastic place to fly in. It is nice to have such good Orbx scenery to get a feel for it when you cannot be in the real thing. Shame no company makes the Beech Musketeer/Sierra (the latter a retractable)!

Bernie

You are a lucky guy havin been able to fly these strips in real! As you could see I had a taste of it already, but this is not enough... At least I can return in the sim whenever I want, and I can even light up the weather!

6 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Another great tour 

Thank you Ken! Wasn´t it a person well know to you bringing Friendly Beaches into our sims?

8 hours ago, MurrayD said:

very nice Gerold - thanks for sharing. Now Orbx......PLEEEEEEASE do Hobart! :P

Thanky Murray. I agree with you: We need airports of Orbx quality all over the world, but some are really overdue - for example the entire state of Tasmania!

8 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

That's an airport! My landing at Caveman was easy compared to this.

Oh Erik, that landing was easy: The runway is straight and slightly uphill, so braking comes for free.

excellent and a dream to fly it in RL ... so the 2 RL shots are yours ? should be great souvenirs - I love the small airfield arrival...and the remote beach :) many thanks Gerold !!

PS : that's reminds me 2 nice books The Lieutenant and Sarah Thornhill by Kate Grenville ...about the arrival and colony in the young Australia in late 18th cy

26 minutes ago, jean marc said:

excellent and a dream to fly it in RL ... so the 2 RL shots are yours ? should be great souvenirs - I love the small airfield arrival...and the remote beach :) many thanks Gerold !!

PS : that's reminds me 2 nice books The Lieutenant and Sarah Thornhill by Kate Grenville ...about the arrival and colony in the young Australia in late 18th cy

Thank you Jean Marc for the comment and the literature hint... we all have more and more time to read these days...

Yes, the RL shots are taken by me. In typical Tasmanian weather, clouds at about 1200-1500 ft, so climbing the hills was not advisable. The guy at http://freycinetair.com.au/ was not only totally friendly (that´s probably how the airfield got its name?), but also really cool and with a good sense of humour. What else do you need? I can totally recommend to support them!

21 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Some Taswegian , needs his heed examined:D

Crazy guys down there, all the wilderness seems to have an influence :D!

On 4/11/2020 at 12:32 PM, Stillwater said:

Yes, the RL shots are taken by me. In typical Tasmanian weather, clouds at about 1200-1500 ft, so climbing the hills was not advisable. The guy at http://freycinetair.com.au/ was not only totally friendly (that´s probably how the airfield got its name?), but also really cool and with a good sense of humour. What else do you need? I can totally recommend to support them!

one day to come back to Tasmania and to perform a such flight O0 thanks for the link - the first shot which appears is gorgeous !! 

Actually the strip that hosts Freycinet Air is called Friendly Beaches. Named after the nearby beaches which I must say have the whitest, finest sand you might ever see. Wayne did the strip up after he setup Freycinet Air. It used to be rough as guts with tree roots crossing it and pot holes etc.

Bernie

3 hours ago, BernieFlyer said:

Actually the strip that hosts Freycinet Air is called Friendly Beaches. Named after the nearby beaches which I must say have the whitest, finest sand you might ever see. Wayne did the strip up after he setup Freycinet Air. It used to be rough as guts with tree roots crossing it and pot holes etc.

Bernie

The strip did not feel that bad when we flew there. Maybe we were just too excited...;)

3 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

That's a fantastic set of shots Gerald, we are spoilt down here. :rolleyes:

cheers

Gumby

Thank you Gumby. I have the slight feeling you know the area... B)

12 hours ago, BernieFlyer said:

The strip is fine now. It was very poor some 10-15 years back. A very scenic spot to fly.

I was there 5 years ago. And indeed a scenic airport with great personnel.

5 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Lovely set.

Nice to see that 337.

Thank you Eberhard! A nice bushflying plane, travelling fast but suitable for slow landings.

Archived