Just installed Oregon SD!!!

Dario

I bought and installed TE Oregon SD just now. 

These shots are from my first 15 minutes flying there. 

I am quite impressed with the diversity of this region, it looks beautiful everywhere. I will need to spend lots of time to explore it as it deserves. But for now, let me congratulate ORBX team for producing this gem.

Thank you very much @renault for your instructions about the water. It looks 1000% better now :) 

Happy flights for you all, guys! 

VUyXZUu.jpg

LBqFLHk.jpg

GTZSJvg.jpg

lpMIXuU.jpg

5avXE3w.jpg

aKuEhci.jpg

2gFwSRT.jpg

cBOkjXb.jpg

IoSi6OX.jpg

eK2GLN8.jpg

1dvJuij.jpg

be6QnjS.jpg

6aJKqwD.jpg

AribHHk.jpg

H8rmcWR.jpg

Beautifull, 

may I ask a question?

i have Washington and the whole of GB true earth on SSD, and just enough room for Oregon in SD, 

is this sharp enough at low altitudes? I am a Baron 58 flyer , mostly VFR, 

I can buy the HD version, but it has to be on a regular HD   Installed then.

thanks

32 minutes ago, ebawebaw said:

Beautifull, 

may I ask a question?

i have Washington and the whole of GB true earth on SSD, and just enough room for Oregon in SD, 

is this sharp enough at low altitudes? I am a Baron 58 flyer , mostly VFR, 

I can buy the HD version, but it has to be on a regular HD   Installed then.

thanks

I fly mostly GA aircraft, with an altitude generally 2000-2500 ft above the ground. At this altitude, I find that the textures are pretty good. 

I think ORBX allows you to buy the HD version for the price difference if you are not happy with the SD version. 

The page below shows some pics with the differences. There may be differences, but for me (and my PC specs (i7/1070Ti)the SD version offers the best loading time/performance/visuals ratio. But this is totally subjective, you need to judge by yourself. 

ORBX intends to offers an SD version for TE Washington (which is HD). When they do it, I will happily "downgrade" to the SD version. 

Cheers!

Thanks Dario,

it looks like the SD version has a more vived color, and not blury 

so I go with that, and agree with you regarding the downsizing of Washington, i rather have all scenery on SSD, and 200 plus gig gives me much less room .

happy flying

93E3E5BB-74BF-4E4C-BB0F-896E5543190F.jpeg

5 hours ago, Dario said:

I fly mostly GA aircraft, with an altitude generally 2000-2500 ft above the ground. At this altitude, I find that the textures are pretty good. 

I think ORBX allows you to buy the HD version for the price difference if you are not happy with the SD version. 

The page below shows some pics with the differences. There may be differences, but for me (and my PC specs (i7/1070Ti)the SD version offers the best loading time/performance/visuals ratio. But this is totally subjective, you need to judge by yourself. 

ORBX intends to offers an SD version for TE Washington (which is HD). When they do it, I will happily "downgrade" to the SD version. 

Cheers!

Odd, I have the HD version installed...the way those sliders work in Ben's "demo" appears to be backwards. IE the left side appears to be HD and right side SD...but the slider label is somewhat missleading in my view.

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very nice Dario, but what is this water mod please?

Dear Jack, I used the mod described in the post below by @renault

I changed only the water appearance, not the water color, using only the second mentioned mod, and adding the recommended text in the lua script set("sim/private/controls/reno/draw_reflect_water05", 3) 

For me, it worked like a charm, i am really enjoying the results. Cheers!. 

30 minutes ago, Dario said:

Dear Jack, I used the mod described in the post below by @renault

I changed only the water appearance, not the water color, using only the second mentioned mod, and adding the recommended text in the lua script set("sim/private/controls/reno/draw_reflect_water05", 3) 

For me, it worked like a charm, i am really enjoying the results. Cheers!. 

Much obliged Dario!  I hope I can do it, this Lua script programming stuff is still above my pay grade till I learn it, if I ever get the time.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Much obliged Dario!  I hope I can do it, this Lua script programming stuff is still above my pay grade till I learn it, if I ever get the time.

Jack, tell me if you need any help. It was quite easy to do (at first I thought it would be difficult, I am not a tech geek). Just copy  the files and folders to XP11 main folder, following the instructions that come in a file included in the plugin. Then go to the .lua script, open it with windows notepad, and add this text: set("sim/private/controls/reno/draw_reflect_water05", 3). It is really straightforward and super worth it. I have never seen water looking so good on XP11 before this. And as I said, tell me if you need help. :) 

The mod I am talking about is this one:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/44398-new-water-set/

4 hours ago, Dario said:

Jack, tell me if you need any help. It was quite easy to do (at first I thought it would be difficult, I am not a tech geek). Just copy  the files and folders to XP11 main folder, following the instructions that come in a file included in the plugin. Then go to the .lua script, open it with windows notepad, and add this text: set("sim/private/controls/reno/draw_reflect_water05", 3). It is really straightforward and super worth it. I have never seen water looking so good on XP11 before this. And as I said, tell me if you need help. :) 

The mod I am talking about is this one:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/44398-new-water-set/

Thanks Dario and I will need your help.  I’ll be very busy today.  Do you use Discord?  I use it regularly.  I can PM you my address if you use it.  Dario, any help will be most appreciated.  THIS is what I love so much about this forum, so many good people willing to help others.

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Where do I find this Lua script Dario?  I just downloaded the "New Water Set .1.0.1 zip file.

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Where do I find this Lua script Dario?  I just downloaded the "New Water Set .1.0.1 zip file.

It is located at X-Plane11\resources\plugins\FlywithLua\Scripts.

You should remove other water mod lua scripts if you have any. Cheers!

42 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Excellent shots Dario, lots to like there.

Don

Thank you very much, Don! :) It is a wonderful region, I probably haven't explored more than 10% of it and I am amazed at what I am seeing there. This region is a gem! 

On 8/22/2019 at 2:52 AM, Dario said:

It is located at X-Plane11\resources\plugins\FlywithLua\Scripts.

You should remove other water mod lua scripts if you have any. Cheers!

Managed to do this Dario, testing now.  It was easy but not being a coder I don’t know what that line means.

Archived