Hey you Australian people!!!!!

Benny

Strangely one day it's my dream to visit Australia, I'm 53 and I was raised with Men At Work music

I found that tonight.

In good faith my  good friends

I'm sending you some love from Canada

Reminds me of this !

From Wikipedia

1983 America's Cup

Australia II, bearing sail number KA6, represented the Royal Perth Yacht Club of Australia in its September 1983 challenge for the America's Cup. The defender, the New York Yacht Club, had held the cup since 1851,  dominating challengers and sustaining the longest winning streak in sport. 

Australia II, skippered by John Bertrand, faced Dennis Conner sailing the 12-metre Liberty in the ocean off Newport, Rhode Island. Australia II came from behind to prevail 4 races to 3. The victory on 26 September 1983  was a landmark event for the nation of Australia, not to mention the Royal Perth Yacht Club. The achievement was underscored when Australia II was awarded the ABC Wide World of Sports Athlete of the Year for 1983. The crew of Australia II for the America's Cup races was John Bertrand (skipper), Will Baillieu , Colin Beashel, Rob Brown , Peter Costello, Damian Fewster, James Hardy (alternate helm), Ken Judge, Skip Lissiman, John Longley, Scott McAllister , Brian Richardson, Phil Smidmore, Grant Simmer, and Hugh Treharne.  Beashel was an Olympic medal winning sailor who competed at six Olympic games.  Richardson was an dual-Olympian oarsman who had stroked the Australian men's eight at the Moscow 1980 Olympics.

The Boxing Kangaroo was the official mascot of the Australia II effort.

The win was received with much enthusiasm in Australia, with the Men at Work song Down Under becoming the official anthem for the crew.

Chris

I can remember watching some of the Americas Cup final races in Sydney when I was on holiday and then being late for work after watching them clinch the final race on morning!

Wonderful times for a newly arrived Pommy bast*rd!:)

The song of course was synonymous with the famous victory.

This is the advise the late and sometimes great PM of the time gave out.

6 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

One of my favourite classic songs.

But to enter our country it's mandatory to try Vegemite.:o:rolleyes:

cheers

Gumby

THE best spread,  knocks Marmite into a cocked hat!

Only one thing wrong with Oz, the bluidy spiders. Big wotsits, toxic, yet quite tasty after a little marinade!

Ps Bluidy is how a Brummie says Bluddy. See what I did there? I avoided using the naughty word, bloody, in case of the inevitable censorship by our Nick.

Oops!

21 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

THE best spread,  knocks Marmite into a cocked hat!

Only one thing wrong with Oz, the bluidy spiders. Big wotsits, toxic, yet quite tasty after a little marinade!

Ps Bluidy is how a Brummie says Bluddy. See what I did there? I avoided using the naughty word, bloody, in case of the inevitable censorship by our Nick.

Oops!

Ha Ha good one. Your safe for another day. In fact in our household we use Promite 

which is very similar to Vegemite and Marmite, good for the cholesterol LOL, bloody oath.

Oops I apologise.:D  

cheers

Gumby

12 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

One of my favourite classic songs.

But to enter our country it's mandatory to try Vegemite.:o:rolleyes:

cheers

Gumby

I love Vegemite. It has to be on my breafast table. BTW, my wife is Australian.

A lot of people compare Australia with Canada, why? big space  with not many people in it, true. Same kind of thinking. I agree.

Beautiful welcoming folks, i do believe so , I may be wrong who knows.

My dream is to visit Australia ans New Zeeland in the nest 5 years or so.

My post... well you guys didn't really invite me, well the way I see it. I don 't even know what you where talking about?

Honesty i am not a rich guy, but  I will come in the nest 5 years.

I want to fell and see that part of our planet, I have to.

Merci from a province in Canada that speak French.

Thanks ORBX for not killing that thread.

I am your NON official video maker

Cheers Ben

Did someone say Spiders?

found this guy lurking on my roof guttering

c9uKPyx.jpg

and this guy when working underneath my car

N9YLSMK.jpg

Nothing to be worried about though B)

BTW, I've been to Canada, Vancouver and Nova Scotia, absolutely amazing scenery and great people....tell you what, I'll keep my spiders and you keep your bears and cougars, deal?

1 hour ago, Dadtom65 said:

Dam that’s big. Imagine sitting on the toilet and find that thing nibbling your nuts.  :lol: Derek.

Dunny spiders are notorious here in Aus

1 hour ago, Fizzelle said:

Gosh! Nearly put me off my Beignet d'anchoise for a moment.

Are you serious Frizzelle, my translator says = Anchovy Donut? I thought Vegemite was bad haha!

Hey Benny.  What a great time to get your post and read the ensuing discussion, lying here in my hospital bed after an emergency appendicites operation.  Caught it just in time before it burst!  The surgeon was Canadian from Montreal!  Real nice guy.  Tells me he could not stand the cold any longer!  I expressed surprise that a very fit 68 year old should get appendicites.  Says it can happen to anyone at anytime.  Their not sure what causes it.   Thought it was common but he says 90% of people still have their appendix.  Anyway, thanks for the love from Canada, and love back to you from Melbourne, Australia.  Cheers.

1 hour ago, Ben77 said:

Dunny spiders are notorious here in Aus

Are you serious Frizzelle, my translator says = Anchovy Donut? I thought Vegemite was bad haha!

Almost right Ben.

It is fresh anchovies cooked in choux pastry, rather like goujons etc. Served with ice biere and salade Nicoise.

"Dunny spiders are notorious here in Aus"

I swear that this is a true story.

I worked for TAA in Alice, and my supervisor lived alone out in the "farm area". one day he found a huge spider in his toilet, and (to this I swear) He blew it away with a twelve gauge, Toilet and all. I know that this is true because I helped him fit a new dunny.Terry.

Archived