8 in Scotland

Jack Sawyer

2 minutes ago, oldboy43 said:

Hi Jack, as always perfect pictures, thank you. How did you call that plane you were flying with?

Looks at turboprop.

Sincerely

Karoly

Hi Karoly and thanks.  It's X-Aviation's TBM-900 turbo prop, it's amazing, very complex and has lot of goodies.  Best money spent on an X-Plane yet.

35 minutes ago, andiflyit said:

Nice scenery and aircraft shots Jack, Sumburgh is very good in the standard hd version for FSX/P3d as well.

Thanks Andy, I couldn't agree more, even the non-TE version has always been awesome.

Fabbo shots Mate!

However I do have one concern - in shot 6, I notice you didn't have your Inertial Separator on.

Coming in hot and fast in a turboprop is likely to disturb the wild haggis and they can suddenly rise up and dig themselves into the air intakes at anything up to 3000 feet..

Be careful out there!

PS Looks like XP is behaving with the aeroplane for you!

5 hours ago, Fizzelle said:

Fabbo shots Mate!

However I do have one concern - in shot 6, I notice you didn't have your Inertial Separator on.

Coming in hot and fast in a turboprop is likely to disturb the wild haggis and they can suddenly rise up and dig themselves into the air intakes at anything up to 3000 feet..

Be careful out there!

PS Looks like XP is behaving with the aeroplane for you!

Thanks Fizzelle, I forgot to turn it on, was just testing anyway.  Wild haggis?  I'm going to have to go there and go hunting! :lol:

I have one complaint with XP and maybe it's my system, all GA planes do this and it drives me nuts.  Without any weather or anything like that when I taxi or start rolling down the runway they start to spin around like a weathervane, I mean it's like they're on slick ice, it's terrible and would be comical if it didn't ruin the immersion.

3 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

It's a common ground handling problem in Xplane and they're working on it. Just keep leaning on those rudder pedals  and use gentle differential braking!

Well thanks Fizzelle!  That makes it a lot easier to deal with since I'm not alone.  Cool, I hope they fix this soon.

13 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well thanks Fizzelle!  That makes it a lot easier to deal with since I'm not alone.  Cool, I hope they fix this soon.

Jack there's a beautiful seaplane by Aerobask (free) here:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/35322-lisa-akoya-by-aerobask/

and that does it too!

So it's sea handling too - just a puff of wind and it's spinning top time!

1 hour ago, Fizzelle said:

And as for the TBM900 might I suggest a custom registration number (you can put it in, in the Airframe Manager) as, say. K-JACK

Also I note you were confused about the post above mentioning neaps:

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/lamb-recipes/haggis-neeps-tatties/

Thanks, I never knew what Neaps were.  As for the registration I didn’t know I could do that.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Fizzelle, I forgot to turn it on, was just testing anyway.  Wild haggis?  I'm going to have to go there and go hunting! :lol:

I have one complaint with XP and maybe it's my system, all GA planes do this and it drives me nuts.  Without any weather or anything like that when I taxi or start rolling down the runway they start to spin around like a weathervane, I mean it's like they're on slick ice, it's terrible and would be comical if it didn't ruin the immersion.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/434

R

Hi Jack 

Go to Xplane-org , download & install the latest version of Fly With Lua . Then unzip the above file and put the lua file that is there into the Scripts directory.

You will find this (after you have installed FWL) in Resources/Plugins/Fly With Lua/Scripts. When Xplane starts FWL will  also start and load the friction correction.

Please refer to JV's article in Xplane Tips & Techniques on VMI Twick for additional info on installing FWL and running scripts 

R

1 hour ago, renault said:

Hi Jack 

Go to Xplane-org , download & install the latest version of Fly With Lua . Then unzip the above file and put the lua file that is there into the Scripts directory.

You will find this (after you have installed FWL) in Resources/Plugins/Fly With Lua/Scripts. When Xplane starts FWL will  also start and load the friction correction.

Please refer to JV's article in Xplane Tips & Techniques on VMI Twick for additional info on installing FWL and running scripts 

R

Thanks Renault, I’m going to do whatever it takes to learn this stuff and get it working.  

Archived