Helicopter

Jack Sawyer

6 hours ago, TerryM said:

Loving pic No 2 there Jack..... great atmosphere in that one, and the heat haze from the engine on the 429 just adds another level of depth :)

Thanks Terry, I like that heat haze effect too, it's a great idea they had to incorporate this.

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

nice one, great pics Jack... I enjoy chopper flights but I struggle to land...

Thanks Wayne, I spent a great deal of time learning.  It's all in the collective and pedals as you approach the ground, have to keep working the collective to stay aloft while using the cyclic to enter a hover and then simply floating gently down.

29 minutes ago, flsm (Frank) said:

Got the chopper bug, eh Jack?  With shots like that I don't blame you!  Cheers.

Thanks Frank, been flying choppers for years in P3D, they're my favorite way of seeing things close up because of the ability to hover.

27 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

These are fabulous shots Jack... I must try helos again in XP. The last time I tried it was a fiery mess :'(  No better way to explore TE.

Thanks Mark!  I deliberately crashed one to see what happens, yep, a fiery mess.  But you're right, a chopper is the best way to sight see.

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Wayne, I spent a great deal of time learning.  It's all in the collective and pedals as you approach the ground, have to keep working the collective to stay aloft while using the cyclic to enter a hover and then simply floating gently down.

yeah it sounds easy put like that, it's all about practice I guess but I am busy on several projects testing other stuff that I don't really get time......I have a lot of admiration for a guy I roomed with in the Army who went on to pilot choppers for the Army Air Corps...

2 hours ago, wain71 said:

yeah it sounds easy put like that, it's all about practice I guess but I am busy on several projects testing other stuff that I don't really get time......I have a lot of admiration for a guy I roomed with in the Army who went on to pilot choppers for the Army Air Corps...

Lucky guy!

Hi Jack,

Firstly, I want to congratulate you on the beautiful set of shots.

As for the Bell 429, it really  is very good, mainly being freeware.

Its aerodynamic flight is very modern, and greatly facilitates the operation of the aircraft. It can be said that it is the new flight model of the new helicopters in the market: totally automated in the control and management of the flight, getting the pilot as monitor and observer .... hahaha.^_^

The Bell 407 is still a bit "foot and hand". It requires a little skill with the controls, but nothing that can not be mastered.:)

Archived