A Barbie for Year´s End

Stillwater

The hungry pilot does not meet any tourists at the beach of Fingal (south of YBCG). It looks very white on my screen. Which, in contrast makes the dark colours even darker (a p3d effect?).

nKVojAX.jpg

Let´s go north over Coolangatta, ...

tAAK0rt.jpg

... and Broad Beach.

uXUMzI4.jpg

Here you can see a way to measure the altitude of the Q1 building.

xbSydug.jpg

It is the tallest building of the southern hemisphere, as most of you probably know already. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q1_(building)

9QzNAkB.jpg

Some seconds further north we have a marina - with a nice helipad. 

GurRjH8.jpg

But no one making a BBQ here, these yachtsmen all seem to visit fancy multi-star restaurants.

YRDzDdv.jpg

So we pass Sea World, ...

LaJqRgt.jpg

... bring some greetings to the employees of the University Hospital, ...

3WNM9Kz.jpg

... and enjoy the presence of the Cold Coast Hockey Centre, though in reality they have been resurfaced into olympic blue for the 2018 Commonwealth Games: http://www.gchmg.org/

2qIv4iG.jpg

Going on to YSPT Southport brings us a nice smell...

sxOGL3v.jpg

... and , finally, we find some people ready to put fresh steaks on the grill! Here we are right for the night.

WZOZCEO.jpg

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

1 hour ago, bvdboomen said:

Another great set!

I myself still have to find all those heli pads.

Did you notice that the smoke blows in the direction of the wind?

Thanks Ben. For navigation I just used the map in the Gold Coast product description. And, for sure, low & slow searching...

The smoke animation is great. What is now missing is just the smell :D!

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Magnificent set of shots Gerold , thankfully your "O" key is working again . :)B):D

Cheers

John

Thank you John. These modern computers recover fast!

33 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

You well and truly searched out the bbq, I hope it didn't need rescuing.

Great images from your successful quest Gerold.

I´ll just rescue the most valuable leftovers, Martyn. What I can say already is that the red-dressed person so prominent from Broome, Redding, Benton, Cairns, Catalina and many other places is not at Southport to be rescued.

10 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Great shots and flight Gerold, enjoyed looking at them.

Thank you John!

1 minute ago, Captain Lars said:

Thank goodness your V-key worked so well. It's good to know where the BBQs are in the sim! No, I didn't know that the tallest building of the southern hemisphere stands at the Gold Coast.

Thanks Lars. It would be too easy if we had lists of BBQs ocurring in the Orbx world. But it is always a pleasure to find one!

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was a superb presentation Gerold, I too didn't know it had so many helipads nor did I know about the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere.

My pleasure to show you some of the features included in the CityScape. I am convinced you already own it, otherwise these days are well suited to close this gap...

Just now, Stillwater said:

My pleasure to show you some of the features included in the CityScape. I am convinced you already own it, otherwise these days are well suited to close this gap...

Yes, I own it, all of Orbx actually.  It was very nice Gerold I loved it.

42 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Utmost set of shots!! Frohes neues!!

Thank you Erik, frohes Neues to you as well!

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

The title suggested 'Gerold got lucky on the Gold Coast' but keep flying - they're out there. :)

This suggestion seems fitting. I got lucky with the views, albeit the BBQ was only virtual!

3 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Gerold. Wonderful tour with a fine narrative and a perfect conclusion. I'll take mine medium rare, please.  Cute emoticon wearing chef hat - emoji, smiley - vector illustration

You´re welcome, Rodger. We had deer tonight, if it is fine for you?

7 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Yet another set of beutiful captures with such appropriate narrative.  I continue to admire your chopper skills and seeing how much you have found in the scenery I think I will have to learn how to operate one!

Thank you very much, TT. It comes down to a good payware copter, these are much easier to control than the default ones.

Archived