No snow in the Netherlands

Jack Sawyer

13 minutes ago, Buffy Foster said:

Dear Orbx Forum Moderator,

I think somebody hacked Jack's account to post pix.  I can tell because they flew that 747 past - not under - a perfectly nice bridge.

Thanks,

Buffy

:lol: Thanks Buffy!  I think I must have glossed right over that. :D

13 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I think you should know that this is Schiphol and not Kai Tak Jack.:o

That is quite some approach and landing you have done there, was there someone on the roof wearing red and white chequered trousers!:lol:

Yes.  But now I can't use the sim at all.  After all that work something broke when I went to look at the sim time.

I'm completely out of a sim.

Just now, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Jack. All the kidding aside, this is a really good look-see at the Netherlands scenery package, and a really interesting flight experience. I liked the Kai Tak approach and the subsequent smooth touchdown and rollout. Good stuff, Jack. Thanks!

Thanks Rodger.  Appreciate it.

38 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yes.  But now I can't use the sim at all.  After all that work something broke when I went to look at the sim time.

I'm completely out of a sim.

I cannot believe this Jack.:o

Hopefully there will be someone who can help you on here and also it is something minor.:(

9 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Great shots Jack,

Love the scenery, I'm going to fly it for a while  right now :)

I was once told that maybe by paying higher taxes we could see snow in some parts of Europe :lol:

Chers

Thanks Carlos.  Um, whoever told you that must have super human powers top create snow for taxes! :blink:

37 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I cannot believe this Jack.:o

Hopefully there will be someone who can help you on here and also it is something minor.:(

It’s fixed, somehow the windowed screen got enlarged to literally the size of my office wall.  So I reduced it back and it’s okay and I usually fly in full screen anyway but windowed to make sure my flight plan went into AS4 for weather.  So right now as I type this I’m making an Air New Zealand flight from YSSY to NZAA so I can now explore New Zealand.  I hope this goes well.  It’s a 747-8, and planned it in PFPX and it looks beautiful in the weather over Sydney, very violent thunderstorms there.

6 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Well done Mr. Sawyer. Hey passengers hold on to anything you can hold on to we're going in. Love it Jack. You made the Mule Team look like choir boys compared to your team. And John just debunked: " It never snows in the Netherlands". Lol:D

Thanks Karl!  :lol:  Nah, the Mule Team rocks, they're the best at what they do and they do it hilariously too!

20 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Carlos.  Um, whoever told you that must have super human powers top create snow for taxes! :blink:

Well Jack, some think that taxes solve everything.:huh:

If there is a problem, put a tax on it. Simples!:rolleyes::o:lol::footmouth:

A) Snow is slippery and you could slide off the runway. It happens 

B ) You spend so much time in a line up to get deiced , that you have to go back to they back of the line to start again and then you run out of fuel:(

C ) Snow is cold Jack -- anyone who lives in the stuff , knows that what you want is heat, not more snow.!

D) But it has one advantage. Having lived in both very hot and very cold climes, you can only do so much to keep cool. You can only keep taking clothing off until you

run out of options. But trust me, you can never stop having enough winter boots, mittens, scarfs, hoodies, baklavas,  toques,  down filled EVERYTHING, winter tires for your

Car, a good whiskey or two to keep you in, while you contemplate why, if you have lived such a good life and treated all with respect and dignity, do you have to live in a place, where   everyone things that its normal for the thermometer to work in reverse:huh:

Nuff said, I hate winter :(

Cheers & btw that was simply some incredible flying with great screenshots!

R

On 12/14/2018 at 1:35 AM, VH-KDK said:

was there someone on the roof wearing red and white chequered trousers

Next thing you need to know about Netherlands: Many people wear orange, the colour of their kings house. Maybe this confused the Qantas pilot?

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

Next thing you need to know about Netherlands: Many people wear orange, the colour of their kings house. Maybe this confused the Qantas pilot?

Why would they wear orange?  Is this the vest thing I see so many people going on about?  I don't really want to get into politics. :unsure:

9 hours ago, adambar said:

I hope I never see that dirty messy stuff again, but that's not going to happen in W. Pa. :(

Great set Jack! :)

Well, where I live Adam, it's ALWAYS hot.  We see snow rarely, very rarely.  We've gone several years without it in the past so you can see why I would like it.  I grew up in it in Boston and Idaho so I really miss it here in HOTlanta.  If you had to live with this  oppressive heat and humidity all the time you'd detest it too.  I mean it's almost Christmas and soon, in a few weeks in late January the weeds will be coming up and it'll be hot enough to get a sunburn.

5 hours ago, renault said:

B ) You spend so much time in a line up to get deiced , that you have to go back to they back of the line to start again and then you run out of fuel:(

C ) Snow is cold Jack -- anyone who lives in the stuff , knows that what you want is heat, not more snow.!

D) But it has one advantage. Having lived in both very hot and very cold climes, you can only do so much to keep cool. You can only keep taking clothing off until you

run out of options. But trust me, you can never stop having enough winter boots, mittens, scarfs, hoodies, baklavas,  toques,  down filled EVERYTHING, winter tires for your

Car, a good whiskey or two to keep you in, while you contemplate why, if you have lived such a good life and treated all with respect and dignity, do you have to live in a place, where   everyone things that its normal for the thermometer to work in reverse:huh:

R

I don't care, gimme snow any day.  Been there done that Renault and I wouldn't complain.  When you never get it you want it even more.  I know the hassles with snow all too well but here it's usually melted the next day or two.

Just now, Stillwater said:

That looks like total chaos with 2 cm of snow. Should you as a Washingtonian comment on that (or someone from Wisconsin)?

The last two winters have been very snowy here , this year not so much . We did have some snow last week but rain is washing it all away . The snowblower has yet to be started this year and that gives me more time to fly . :):)

John

On 12/14/2018 at 3:05 AM, BradB said:

Cheers

John

No trouble to bike in fresh snow. Problems come up when there is ice below it, or when the snow was starting to melt and freezes over again.

Or when car drivers like the one in the last sequence just use the middle of the road and expect 2-wheelers to give way.

On 12/15/2018 at 2:45 AM, renault said:

R

That's a scary winter picture  :( but I still want to have the experience. Even though I know I would not be able to live in such a climate. When I visited Vermont one October mornings were cold, the floor, the doors everything!  that I wonder how a winter could be, and then I knew I wouldn't make it for the whole season. I think Fall weather is perfect.

And I hope to see the snow some day

On 12/15/2018 at 8:36 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Well, where I live Adam, it's ALWAYS hot.  We see snow rarely, very rarely.  We've gone several years without it in the past so you can see why I would like it.  I grew up in it in Boston and Idaho so I really miss it here in HOTlanta.  If you had to live with this  oppressive heat and humidity all the time you'd detest it too.  I mean it's almost Christmas and soon, in a few weeks in late January the weeds will be coming up and it'll be hot enough to get a sunburn.

I hate heat

I'm always with a fan on even sometimes when sleeping and in the office, the A/C directed to me :D

2 hours ago, carlosqr said:

That's a scary winter picture  :( but I still want to have the experience. Even though I know I would not be able to live in such a climate. When I visited Vermont one October mornings were cold, the floor, the doors everything!  that I wonder how a winter could be, and then I knew I wouldn't make it for the whole season. I think Fall weather is perfect.

And I hope to see the snow some day

Hi Carlos

I just kid Jack a bit. I don't like winter as much as I did when I was younger , I suppose mainly because I have had a few  bad falls recently slipping on the ice. It usually is not extremely cold, temperatures the last while have been about -12C at night and about +3-6C during the day.  Also houses are built very differently to withstand the extremes of the climate and are quite comfortable in both summer and winter. Ours is quite new and we have a full, insulated basement (walls are R60 - eg. about 40 cm thick with insulation), the windows are triple glazed, except on the north side where they are 4 layers of glazing and all are argon filled), the ceiling insulation is R120 ( closed cell foam). Most of our heating comes from solar & geothermal  but we do have a small gas furnace for when we need it, which is not often as most days right now the problem is more about trying to keep the sun out and not getting the house too warm.

Cheers

R

But I do absolutely hate shovelling snow , always have and I suspect I always will.:rolleyes:

8 hours ago, renault said:

Hi Carlos

I just kid Jack a bit. I don't like winter as much as I did when I was younger , I suppose mainly because I have had a few  bad falls recently slipping on the ice. It usually is not extremely cold, temperatures the last while have been about -12C at night and about +3-6C during the day.  Also houses are built very differently to withstand the extremes of the climate and are quite comfortable in both summer and winter. Ours is quite new and we have a full, insulated basement (walls are R60 - eg. about 40 cm thick with insulation), the windows are triple glazed, except on the north side where they are 4 layers of glazing and all are argon filled), the ceiling insulation is R120 ( closed cell foam). Most of our heating comes from solar & geothermal  but we do have a small gas furnace for when we need it, which is not often as most days right now the problem is more about trying to keep the sun out and not getting the house too warm.

Cheers

R

But I do absolutely hate shovelling snow , always have and I suspect I always will.:rolleyes:

Ok noted

Interesting construction

Where do you live? Where are you from?

Cheers

Archived