JV flying and driving out of the real EGHR Goodwood

John Venema

Given we're released Goodwood airport for two sims now, I thought I'd share some pics of me flying out of the Aeroclub there.

Notice the lovely ground textures! :) 

IMG_1388 (2).jpg

IMG_1395 (1).jpg

IMG_1487 (1).jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

It's also my local racing circuit, so here's a few pics of one of my cars in the pit lane and on the main straight ...

IMG_6458.jpg

IMG_6457.jpg

IMG_6451.jpg

I was at Brands the other day in a 455 Ferrari that my son got me as a retirement present. Not the car just the laps I have been a long time I racer and he got it for me as a present. His only 17 and he made my day!

But I have to say,  historic Goodward would be a dream. I just posted a video about chasing your simulated race cars in a helicopter and that was great fun to do.

Regards

Dave

Some wonderful photos of Goodwood.

I can remember going there for the racing in the late 50s, the sun always seemed to shine when we went.

Very lucky now to visit there in XP-11!

An old D-Type or DBR-1 would be nice to see speeding around the track too!;)

20 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Some wonderful photos of Goodwood.

I can remember going there for the racing in the late 50s, the sun always seemed to shine when we went.

Very lucky now to visit there in XP-11!

An old D-Type or DBR-1 would be nice to see speeding around the track too!;)

Lucky dog!

Yes it's McLaren 570S Track Pack Edition. It's the "baby" McLaren but still good for 204Mph (328Kmh) and 0-62 (0-100) in 2.9s.

1288Kg and 570ps (562bhp)

Apart from Goodwood my favourite circuit is Spa Francorchamps in Belgium.

I waited 53 years to get my dream car. I had posters of Lamborghinis on my wall when I was a boy, like many of us did! :D

55 minutes ago, John Venema said:

Yes it's McLaren 570S Track Pack Edition. It's the "baby" McLaren but still good for 204Mph (328Kmh) and 0-62 (0-100) in 2.9s.

I waited 53 years to get my dream car. I had posters of Lamborghinis on my wall when I was a boy, like many of us did! :D

You be bloody careful ..... orbx would not be the same without you!  Enjoy.  Cheers.

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

This is my dream car. Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4. V10♦610 Hp♦325 km/h♦0-100 km/h in 3.2s. Build it myself. Sadly it's only 1/8th scale. :(

mNBa3Nn.jpg

Archived