Tried the Avro this Arvo!

Adam Banks

FINALLY .. one of my all-time sim favourites has been upgraded for P3Dv4 ... the QualityWings RJ/Avro/Bae 146.

Here's a quick flight from Auckland to Wellington (all ORBX NZNI):

qw146-01-844-1350.jpg?dl=1

Not sure we should be THIS low!! Lots of nice ORBX HD trees to enjoy though!

qw146-02-100-1350.jpg?dl=1

Approaching NZWN (from the north):

qw146-03-411-1350.jpg?dl=1

Considering Wellington is renowned for its windy climate, I'm always amazed at the mill-pond water in the harbour!!

qw146-04-852-1350.jpg?dl=1

Can't show you the actual landing ... it wasn't pretty (but we all walked away from it)!!

Adam.

6 minutes ago, Benny said:

I am so happy too. hey Adam, I can't install any Livery, yours went well? I have a strange message saying, can not install

I didn't use a livery manager or anything - just the usual copy and paste plus aircraft.cfg edits. I have some Qantas liveries (and some more NZ/Aus ones) and they all worked too - using the manual method. I rarely use livery managers for any of my add-ons/liveries - they frighten the pants off me LOL.

Adam.

Not sure whether this is the right place for this ;) - so PM me a link to the livery in question and I'll reply by PM. You could try the QW (Flight1) forums as well - where you're more likely to find a QW dev. It looks like a generic Windows permissions problem.

Adam.

1 minute ago, Benny said:

Sorry to have hacked your thread, hi hi hi. It'd fixed now Adam. , many thanks!!!!!

Good news!!!

I didn't mind the thread being hijacked - it's just that sometimes thew mods get upset if things aren't totally ORBX-related - especially if there's a [manufacturer] support forum of it's own. Partly my fault, as I posted it in the *Screenshots* area.

I'll be posting some more shots soon, I hope - from different parts of NZ and probably AUS.

Adam.

Thanks for the nice comments and encouragement, folks!

I put up some more pics in a new topic:

18 hours ago, ramonb said:

Beautiful scenery and beautiful airplane.

Also, EU England and its London City Airport deserve a visit from an Avro RJ100 in BA Connect colors. (Hopefully will do it tomorrow :)

@Adam Banks  You are using PTA, can you share your settings?

For the last few topics I posted I've been messing with Tomato-Shade, trying to get it to look like my last PTA profile (PTA 262_01), which can be found here:
https://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=PTA

If this link gets removed (I've forgotten the protocol here!!) then follow the link in my signature!

If I can tidy up my Tomato-Shade preset a little I may post it up there, along with my PTA presets.

10 hours ago, JMBIII said:

Lookin' great, Adam.  Practice your short field landings before heading off to London City.

There you go!! I cheated and flew all the way to Bristol, rather than dodge those skyscrapers again!

Adam.

BTW: If anyone fancies those fictional ANZ liveries, they can be found in the Liveries section of my site (see signature below). I've just checked and converted them all to QW146 Dispatcher .qwl format.

54 minutes ago, zinj said:

Great shots Adam !

These NZ repaints were on AussieX, are they available anymore ?

Thanks!

I had to re-upload all my AussieX hosted liveries to my own site: NZFSim

I converted all the old ANZ liveries into .qwl format, so they're dead easy to install using the QW Dispatcher:

The liveries are paired up: RJ70/146-100, RJ85/146-200 and RJ85/146-300.

Let me know if you have any problems installing them ;)

Adam.

Archived