Lighthouse near EICM

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Sausagecopter! :lol::lol::lol:  Thanks and I LOVE that description, it always make me laugh! 

Thanks Jack, I am just thinking of what to have for breakfast but I don't think these sausages will fit in the frying pan.:o

Besides that I don't want to be around when the skins split.:ph34r::o:lol:

4 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Jack, I am just thinking of what to have for breakfast but I don't think these sausages will fit in the frying pan.:o

Besides that I don't want to be around when the skins split.:ph34r::o:lol:

:lol:  You could feed a thousand people with these sausages!  :lol:

Lighthouse hunting is a great idea.  I was considering doing the same thing after seeing a few here and there.  I'd love to do it in real life, but it's a lot easier in the sim!

What'd be really cool is to see these guys in the sim (I've looked and no dice).  They're triangulation towers from WWII era for shore batteries in coastal Delaware and New Jersey.  Only one left in NJ, but still several in Delaware.  

img_3230.jpg

11 hours ago, mglan80 said:

Lighthouse hunting is a great idea.  I was considering doing the same thing after seeing a few here and there.  I'd love to do it in real life, but it's a lot easier in the sim!

What'd be really cool is to see these guys in the sim (I've looked and no dice).  They're triangulation towers from WWII era for shore batteries in coastal Delaware and New Jersey.  Only one left in NJ, but still several in Delaware.  

Excellent photo!  I never even knew we had towers like this, triangulation towers, awesome and very interesting, thanks!

21 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul, I had help, someone posted the coordinates.  But I do know there are some in Orbx's Wales.  I remember them well.

There are several in England too Jack.

Off Lands End is the Wolf Rock and Longship which have helipads so you can use the Sausagecopter. There is also The Bishop Rock in the Scilly Isles and the Eddystone off Plymouth. These all have helipads so maybe you can get your 747 down on some of them!

Good hunting!:)

On 8/21/2018 at 2:13 AM, mglan80 said:

what towers !! a bit awful for me on the beach ...  and there are two :blink::ph34r: 

... but there are historical

(and anyway it is a question of personal taste O0)

22 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:
On 8/21/2018 at 8:06 AM, paulb said:

Well done Jack! Good find! :)

Thanks Paul, I had help, someone posted the coordinates.  But I do know there are some in Orbx's Wales.  I remember them well.

Great find Jack ... funny to see the lighthouse behind the hill and not on the top :lol:

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

There are several in England too Jack.

Off Lands End is the Wolf Rock and Longship which have helipads so you can use the Sausagecopter. There is also The Bishop Rock in the Scilly Isles and the Eddystone off Plymouth. These all have helipads so maybe you can get your 747 down on some of them!

Good hunting!:)

Thanks Martyn!  I have often wondered, in just an academic sense, what would happen if I swap out the 747's flight control config section with a chopper :) 

1 hour ago, jean marc said:

Great find Jack ... funny to see the lighthouse behind the hill and not on the top :lol:

Thanks Jean Marc.  Good point, I never thought of it till now.  But I guess at sea anything above the water would seem high, don't know enough about sailing.

5 hours ago, jean marc said:

what towers !! a bit awful for me on the beach ...  and there are two :blink::ph34r: 

... but there are historical

(and anyway it is a question of personal taste O0)

In actuality the lighthouse is up on top of the bluff and is a square white tower not black and white cylindrical .

Archived