Kai Tak lives

VH-KDK

13 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Smooth as silk. I just got me the airport during a discount, and I will love it even more when we all move to explore OLC Asia.

... that was also my thinking...!

The material is fairly good in these mages Gerold.:wacko:

I am still using the P3DV2 version, yes roll on OLC Asia.:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I like it too, but we can't post any shots from there unfortunately, I'm very careful not too.  I only have a few but I only post Orbx.  Nice to see you flying a 747 though Martyn, I really like these shots.

Thank you Jack, there are so many "foreign" airports in a small area one has to be careful!:lol:

7 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Silky smooth shots Martyn, congrats on getting that airport to work better than Hong Kong did since '98! :rolleyes:

Cheers Roger, just a shame they couldn't have kept it as a secondary location as they have done with the forme airport in Bangkok.:(

7 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Martyn. Hilda don't like chinese food she gets hungry too soon again so we won't fly there.:P:lol:

That is bad news Karl, just load a few sacks of feed and some salt licks in your plane for her to munch on the flight to Asia.:lol:

6 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Very nice shots, Martyn. Hong Kong is good looking in your pics. But now that Kai Tak is alive, why not bring it alive now with a swift checkerboard approach?

Cheers Lars, no I fear the censor would delete the post so you will have to imagine like I do!:lol:

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Watjermean.:lol::lol::lol:

Oooooops, confused again.

I have rectified todays deliberate error!8)

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Watjermean.:lol::lol::lol:

Oooooops, confused again.

I have rectified todays deliberate error!8)

Turn on your World News , Q-400 Alaska plane taken from SeaTac and crashed by a mechanic after flying around the Seattle area this evening . 

John

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Turn on your World News , Q-400 Alaska plane taken from SeaTac and crashed by a mechanic after flying around the Seattle area this evening . 

John

Just been looking John, so sad when someone goes over the edge like this.:(

20 hours ago, macca22au said:

In the olden days I flew into Kai Tak twice,  but I have two old 747-200/400 captain friends who shrugged it off as nothing special.  I still see the washing in my mind's eye!

HK is one of the places on my list to visit before I drop off the twig, sadly I missed the most exciting bit of the flight by 20 years!:(

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Hey John, my nephew has just arrived in Midland for 4 years work, can you say G'day to him when you see him shopping at Walmart.:lol:

Sure, I will I will say hello to him, Midland is only 250 miles from Amarillo.  You need to tell him to visit the Commemorative Air Force in Midland, they have a large collection of World War II aircraft and they all fly. https://commemorativeairforce.org/

20 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Sure, I will I will say hello to him, Midland is only 250 miles from Amarillo.  You need to tell him to visit the Commemorative Air Force in Midland, they have a large collection of World War II aircraft and they all fly. https://commemorativeairforce.org/

Thanks for that John, I didn't realise they were still there, so what did they move to Dallas.

It would be fantastic to see all of those old planes and even better to see them flying.

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks for that John, I didn't realise they were still there, so what did they move to Dallas.

It would be fantastic to see all of those old planes and even better to see them flying.

Your are right.  I thought they had only  moved the HQ staff to Dallas but they also moved the planes that were associated with the headquarters to Dallas. I was a member of the CAF for  15 years when I lived in Houston.  Our wing of the CAF is The Gulf Coast Wing and our plane is a  B-17G   Since being transferred to Amarillo, Texas I have not been active with the CAF since there is no wing here in Amarillo.

Archived