Now a sensible flight to Big Bear

All Orbx stuff - KPSP & L35 - A2A Comanche - Flight1 GTN750 - AS4 & ASCA - ChasePlane

This time I flew the 35 miles or so from Palm Springs to Big Bear and used the GTN to make an LPV RWY 13 approach.  It was so sweet.  This is a beautiful area and a much welcomed addition.

Sorry no narrative, there will be soon.

Vd95fvF.jpg

VHfd0hS.jpg

Olm98Ws.jpg

cxeBkQB.jpg

5NBPQaz.jpg

juHmljG.jpg

osaJqVs.jpg

6Qh4Xl9.jpg

t01eLiS.jpg

9JPZZIf.jpg

8Q3EoxV.jpg

uedS7mq.jpg

DeaivFn.jpg

ZQSRnxp.jpg

1srSB0Z.jpg

9pxHJPt.jpg

mUxSJjZ.jpg

Kf2Lnd5.jpg

VNNBfY4.jpg

rqd86zb.jpg

A wonderful flight Jack.

What a contrast in scenery over such a short distance with the desert at Palm Springs to a very green L35 sitting on the edge of Big Bear Lake!:)

You must cease this "being sensible" too!:lol:

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful flight Jack.

What a contrast in scenery over such a short distance with the desert at Palm Springs to a very green L35 sitting on the edge of Big Bear Lake!:)

You must cease this "being sensible" too!:lol:

Thanks Martyn!  You're right, from desert to green and it was marvelous.  And stop being sensible?  Me?  :lol:  Ok!

4 hours ago, DTH said:

Jack, you have gone yellow on me in more ways than one :) .  One day I will go there using X plane 11.  Untell that time Thanks for the ride.

Thanks DTH!  Glad you liked 'em!  And you're welcome, I'd love to see it in XP someday, it would be neat.

1 hour ago, jotaedo said:

love how the gtn 750 turn any plane into a top-notch avionics platform

btw, im starting to look more in detail any yellow plane out there...

Thanks, I agree, this is my all-time FSX/P3D add-on.  As I said before, I spent my life working cockpit avionics so this is a real amazing piece of work to me.  Garmin has done amazing things.  If I had the money and a plane I wouldn't buy anything else.

49 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Great flight with some wonderful, spectacular terrain shots!

Thanks Lars!  Orbx has some some pretty darned nice work with all these locations.  It's such a joy to have these sceneries.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Lars!  Orbx has some some pretty darned nice work with all these locations.  It's such a joy to have these sceneries.

thats true i have always known the name of garmin in the GPS world, years ago while i was on my G1000 training (yep special endorsment required on my air club) the very first question i made myself was… seriously? garmin made a full avionics suite for GA? many hours  of flight, study and classroom later… i made my self the same question and the answer was.. yep and the y have made an truly outstanding product 

Archived