787 at Christchurch

Jack Sawyer

I really like #5 and the last, second to last and third to last one, Jack. I love tubeliners. The river with the brown riparian areas looks strangely out of place in this emerald green landscape. This puzzles me since I think you have Orbx NZ installed.

1 minute ago, Captain Lars said:

I really like #5 and the last, second to last and third to last one, Jack. I love tubeliners. The river with the brown riparian areas looks strangely out of place in this emerald green landscape. This puzzles me since I think you have Orbx NZ installed.

Thanks Lars.  I do, I have all that Orbx makes, does this not look correct?  I wonder if someone else can check, this is why I'm slowly going to every one I own.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Lars.  I do, I have all that Orbx makes, does this not look correct?  I wonder if someone else can check, this is why I'm slowly going to every one I own.

It looks as if the brown river areas were made with a different colour palette than the sorrounding agriculture.

Just now, Captain Lars said:

It looks as if the brown river areas were made with a different colour palette than the sorrounding agriculture.

Don't know, wish I lived there than here though.  Now I'm curious if this correct. :wacko:

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Or perhaps palette isn't the right word. It looks a lot paler, with less contrast, and at the same time almost glossy.

Beautiful trip Jack ! I love the little shadows of the trees on the emerald grass...:rolleyes: and of course your livery choice !

59 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

As you can see, mine looks quite differently, but of course I don't have Orbx NZ installed.

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:
1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I guess it is a photorealisc view of the real meanders with alluvions deposits inserted in generated landscapes...

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

As you can see, mine looks quite differently, but of course I don't have Orbx NZ installed.

well it's cleat it much more beautiful with NZ scenery :P ... 

15 minutes ago, jean marc said:

Beautiful trip Jack ! I love the little shadows of the trees on the emerald grass...:rolleyes: and of course your livery choice !

I guess it is a photorealisc view of the real meanders with alluvions deposits inserted in generated landscapes...

well it's cleat it much more beautiful with NZ scenery :P ... 

Yes, it looks a lot better, but the different colour still doesn't match very well.

3 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Yes, it looks a lot better, but the different colour still doesn't match very well.

yes it is not perfect...maybe due to the too bright green color ? but I guess in reality there are these 2 different colors joined without transition

Awesome!

New Zealand is on my bucket list of places  that I must travel!

and I must say, Air New Zealand has the coolest skins on their aircraft, I love them!

Great shots Jack!!

5 hours ago, jean marc said:

Thanks Jean Marc!  It has to be one of the world's coolest liveries, no doubt!

4 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Awesome!

New Zealand is on my bucket list of places  that I must travel!

and I must say, Air New Zealand has the coolest skins on their aircraft, I love them!

Great shots Jack!!

Thanks Greg!  Mine too but my bucket has holes in it :unsure:

Yep, best looking livery in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Smudger said:

They seem ok to me Jack, compared to Google Earth  :google:

Christchurch.jpg

I should have told Jack right away that it's not his "fault". It's not the distribution of landclass, it is the colour palette of the river and left and right of it that doesn't - imho - match the colour palette of the surrounding farmland, and Google Earth doesn't say anything about it.

1 hour ago, antonvs said:

Hi Jack, good to see your up in the Dreamliner again. Great set. Yes the rivers on the South Island do look like those in you shots. The result of past Volcanic activity.

Thanks Anton!  It sure is pretty!

ORBX Christchurch has always appeared quite 'green'.  The Waimakariri River does look a bit odd in Jacks shots but when you get down close it seems to be as it should.  

Chch is green

2018-6-17_15-47-13-453.thumb.jpg.7fecd94691879987013ecf1b35007904.jpg

The gravel riverbed and tussock or swampy growth

2018-6-17_15-48-6-630.thumb.jpg.9990aae74b02ea75e2aa6e76be161be5.jpg

Even a few trees on the riverbank

2018-6-17_15-50-38-818.thumb.jpg.3b9d0251ef6fa223ca64b9d6f4ffda72.jpg

Good shots though Jack.

Bruce R

4 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Is this what's called a 'Blackbird' in English?

Impressive livery nevertheless...beautiful shot, Jack.

I dunno Fred, I always associate the Blackbird with the SR-71.  But I really like this livery a lot.

Thanks Fred for your nice comments.

Archived