London to Amsterdam

Jack Sawyer

I never knew how close London was to Amsterdam, only 136 or so miles.  Clouds and rain most of the flight.

P3D 4.1 - PTA - All Orbx - UTL - AS4 - Flight1 B200 - Realtime - 4K

XI9NMpg.jpg

BOAOAvi.jpg

Hn3rtzP.jpg

3OTnd23.jpg

lGroVdu.jpg

8rm0Yi0.jpg

e1DyA1M.jpg

bYvKB2y.jpg

BbQseCC.jpg

TeeHXcb.jpg

CdZiXds.jpg

TbJM3WS.jpg

Ykldx69.jpg

Lfot0bF.jpg

uz1UtKc.jpg

OVbomaI.jpg

LUnubC6.jpg

w1H6jzX.jpg

I24a19s.jpg

Ns4qbYY.jpg

ZBqubv2.jpg

n1dhk0b.jpg

zsBxS6f.jpg

5 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Jack. Yes quite an eye opener on how close these major cities are.

Thanks Karl!  I'm always amazed at this.  To me it just seems bigger in area.  I have some appointments that I go to regularly that re 130 mile round trips!

4 hours ago, Sundancer said:

You were here a few days ago, remember?

Lost the cruise ship?

Do you recognize the Muiderslot ?

Yes, I remember Fred, as soon as I flew over it I remembered my favorite deep water port. :D

4 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

My great Cherokee! A top notch set of shots!

Jumping Jeshophat  thanks Erik!

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Lovely shots with our typical mid-european spring weather. A King used to connect two kingdoms, well chosen Jack!

Thanks Gerold!  I love this rainy weather in the sim.  It was all clouds over the water.

4 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

What a nice flight Jack. Rain in London and sunshine in Amsterdam. That’s typical for this time of the year ;)

Thanks Bernd!  I remember London, lived there for three wonderful years, and I remember how few sunny days we had but I still loved the UK.

4 hours ago, Taph said:

Nice set Jack, don't forget to visit the Amstel Brewery while your there

Thank Taph, hic!  I think I will. I used to LOVE drinking Amstel!

13 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Jack. Yes quite an eye opener on how close these major cities are.

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I never knew how close London was to Amsterdam, only 136 or so miles.

Funny....for an Canadian and American this looks so close and absolutely you are completely right, but for the Dutch (at least for myself, won't generalize) this is not the case.

There is the 200 km wide Northsea between NL and UK at this longitude, which does not give the feeling that it is so close. (200 km is quite a distance, isn't it :huh:)

Crossing the Northsea in an airliner takes 15 minutes, while in a sailboat it takes me 18 hours :o

-Fred-

Nice shots ! yeah, it is a hop I love doing just some little Vatsim training!

WHich aircraft / addon is that? does it have navigraph etc?

And what approach did you use? You landed on 06.. but you flew over Flevoland? :P

The weather isn't great for seeing the scenery though.. typical :D.. default themes it is :)

5 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Funny....for an Canadian and American this looks so close and absolutely you are completely right, but for the Dutch (at least for myself, won't generalize) this is not the case.

There is the 200 km wide Northsea between NL and UK at this longitude, which does not give the feeling that it is so close. (200 km is quite a distance, isn't it :huh:)

Crossing the Northsea in an airliner takes 15 minutes, while in a sailboat it takes me 18 hours :o

-Fred-

Makes me realize just how large this country is, it took me about five hours to fly from Boston to Los Angeles one time.  I don't know offhand, but I wonder how The Netherlands compares in size to a state here?

9 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

What an absolutely fine set of shots and a nice, bad weather flight across the channel Jack :) 

Thanks Landon, it was fun but very fast in this speedy little twin.

8 hours ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

Nice shots Jack but I was waiting for

something to happen. By the way

your landing gear are on fire.:o:lol:

Anthin.

Thanks Anthin, hopefully soon there'll be a little excitement in one of my flights :D

The wasn't smoke it was the rain effects on the runway.  Don't know if it's that famous bug where you carry the rain splash with you the entire flight from London or just wet at Amsterdam.

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Superb flight and shots once again Jack! :)

Thank you Adam!

3 hours ago, Victoroos said:

Nice shots ! yeah, it is a hop I love doing just some little Vatsim training!

WHich aircraft / addon is that? does it have navigraph etc?

And what approach did you use? You landed on 06.. but you flew over Flevoland? :P

The weather isn't great for seeing the scenery though.. typical :D.. default themes it is :)

Thanks Victor!  This is Flight1's B200 for P3D 4.1.

Not sure how to use Navigraph in this plane, I think you can but when I run Navigraph this plane isn't in the list.

I forget the named approach but yes, I overflew the airport for al ILS 06 landing.  It was cool because it brought me out over the water then around for the landing.  I was using real weather AS4, I hardly ever fly without it unless I want to take screenshots and it's 100% cloud and dense fog.

5 hours ago, Sundancer said:

-Fred-

Gosh Fred, I just looked, you could almost fit two of The Netherlands in my state of Georgia!  Now to me that's pretty small, I thought it was much larger.  No wonder I can fly from one end to the other in no time.  But still, I think it's a very fine Orbx region and look forward to more and it would be nice if they created some airports for this region too.

Archived