Ten four pig pen

VH-KDK

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Well Martyn, your shot was more interesting than that video :D That is unless one has never seen grassy fields before ^_^

We were talking about grass in another post though! I don't like the "song" much but they do play it on the local radio and with all the trucks........:rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, adambar said:

You wasted 5:21 of my day Martyn, thanks. :huh::(  At least the shot was nice! :D

With all that grass Gerold would have to be there somewhere with his lawnmower.:lol:

I don't know how many days of ear space I  have had wasted for me since it come out in 1975.:o

Anyway we had better stop panning the song and the video in case we upset someone who was involved in the industry.;);)

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

With all that grass Gerold would have to be there somewhere with his lawnmower.:lol:

I don't know how many days of ear space I  have had wasted for me since it come out in 1975.:o

Anyway we had better stop panning the song and the video in case we upset someone who was involved in the industry.;);)

Grass, isn't that what they make those  funny fags out of, but of course I wouldn't know:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice one Martyn, and now I feel old, I remember when that song came out.  Everyone and their grandmother simply HAD to buy a CB, and they played this song all day every day back then.

Jack, don't feel too bad...I actually remember when that song came out AND the movie that it was for ;) 

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice one Martyn, and now I feel old, I remember when that song came out.  Everyone and their grandmother simply HAD to buy a CB, and they played this song all day every day back then.

Cheers Jack and it is getting frightening now realising just how old some of these songs are getting!:o

17 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

........looks like we've got us a convoy.

12.cv1.jpg

I saw this on the A50 Delhuijzenweg just north of Arneham.

It definitely must have been on a Sunday morning, Martyn......it seems so quiet :lol:

The Dutch highways are normally overloaded with trucks on an average midweek day.

On Dutch television there is sometimes a series about Australian outback truckers where the roadtrains are very long but the roads are empty.

In my country it is just the opposite way......

1 minute ago, Sundancer said:

You wouldn't be happy driving in Atlanta Fred, we were just voted the third worst drivers for road rage and hostility.  Not me though, I keep very clear of the nuts, I drive like an old lady most of the time.  On one of the roads I drive at least once a week, I-285 North, you have to be going at least 80 MPH, 128 KPH, or you'll get run over!

Indeed, that doesn't sound very comfortable.

How many citizans are in Atlanta and how is the public transportation ?

Around Amsterdam is a large circled road (A10, Ringweg), but by car I never enter inside the Ring , rather always use public transportation.

16 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

So much grass in the Netherlands... that could not be treated with a harmless lawnmower...

10 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

It definitely must have been on a Sunday morning, Martyn......it seems so quiet :lol:

The Dutch highways are normally overloaded with trucks on an average midweek day.

I have to confirm that: All these trucks moving from the Netherlands and the Ruhrgebiet over to Berling and eastern Europe... they keep our Autobahns so busy... and dangerous.

3 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Indeed, that doesn't sound very comfortable.

How many citizans are in Atlanta and how is the public transportation ?

Around Amsterdam is a large circled road (A10, Ringweg), but by car I never enter inside the Ring , rather always use public transportation.

They only have public transit in the city.  The greater Atlanta area is sprawling, it has 6 million people.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

They only have public transit in the city.  The greater Atlanta area is sprawling, it has 6 million people.

OMG.....6 million.....

Amsterdam around 800.000 and 1 mill, containing a brewery :lol:

4 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

OMG.....6 million.....

Amsterdam around 800.000 and 1 mill, containing a brewery :lol:

I'd trade in a minute, after seeing all of Iain's screenshots, my own flying around the country, and some Wikipedia articles and YT's, I'm ready to move there.  What a beautiful place.

54 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

On Dutch television there is sometimes a series about Australian outback truckers where the roadtrains are very long but the roads are empty.

Cheers Fred, the roads are very quiet here once you get away from the cities. In Shepparton it is highly unusual to wait for more that one cycle of traffic lights. There are plenty of those though. I have to go out to the Qwack soon and to travel 7km there are 10 sets of lights.

The first time I travelled to Darwin it was about 2/3 dirt road and no real road rules as far as to which side of the road you travelled on. The road trains can be seen from miles away with their large plume of dust behind them. They are even easy to spot flying across Oz from 30,000ft.:)

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

The road trains can be seen from miles away with their large plume of dust behind them. They are even easy to spot flying across Oz from 30,000ft.

That would be remarkable to see Martyn!  Maybe they can create "RoadDust Flow" :D

56 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

You wouldn't be happy driving in Atlanta Fred, we were just voted the third worst drivers for road rage and hostility.  Not me though, I keep very clear of the nuts, I drive like an old lady most of the time.  On one of the roads I drive at least once a week, I-285 North, you have to be going at least 80 MPH, 128 KPH, or you'll get run over!

That is bad news Jack, there is a lot of aggression and bad attitude over here too. They are as hot as mustard on speed as well. They are always showing off the latest state of the art speed detection devices on the state news. A few years ago they were talking about trialing a system enabling emergency vehicles to be able to control traffic lights so they could get a safe right of way. I fell off my chair when they said the same system had been in use in City "X" in the US  for 7 years. Yes, you have got to get your priorities right haven't you.

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Cheers Fred, the roads are very quiet here once you get away from the cities. In Shepparton it is highly unusual to wait for more that one cycle of traffic lights. There are plenty of those though. I have to go out to the Qwack soon and to travel 7km there are 10 sets of lights.

The first time I travelled to Darwin it was about 2/3 dirt road and no real road rules as far as to which side of the road you travelled on. The road trains can be seen from miles away with their large plume of dust behind them. They are even easy to spot flying across Oz from 30,000ft.:)

What a large, large country you are living, Martyn....

I don't know hardly anything about Australia and New Zealand. I calclulated that Victoria - Darwin must be appr. 3000 km and then driving over not real dirty roads? How long did that take?

I can image that road trains don't want to use their brakes once speed up.....

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A few years ago they were talking about trialing a system enabling emergency vehicles to be able to control traffic lights so they could get a safe right of way. 

In The Netherlands emergency vehicles are allowed to pass red traffic lights ONLY when they show blue lights AND blow their horns.

Always a delicate point when you are waiting for a traffic light and beeing chased by an emergency vehicle speeding to you behind you.....if you can't give way must you pass the red lights as well or wait ?.....The law is not quit clear abouit that, but I have never been in that situation (and not a jurist....).

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

What a large, large country you are living, Martyn....

I don't know hardly anything about Australia and New Zealand. I calclulated that Victoria - Darwin must be appr. 3000 km and then driving over not real dirty roads? How long did that take?

I can image that road trains don't want to use their brakes once speed up.....

It is a huge country Fred.

It took three days and two nights on the bus from Melbourne but it would be quicker now as the road is sealed all the way.

With the lack of traffic I doubt if there is very much the road trains would have to stop for!

When I fly to Thailand it takes about 4 hours to get to the NW Western Australian coast from Melbourne.

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

In The Netherlands emergency vehicles are allowed to pass red traffic lights ONLY when they show blue lights AND blow their horns.

Always a delicate point when you are waiting for a traffic light and beeing chased by an emergency vehicle speeding to you behind you.....if you can't give way must you pass the red lights as well or wait ?.....The law is not quit clear abouit that, but I have never been in that situation (and not a jurist....).

I was waiting at a very busy intersection in Melbourne many years ago, 3 lanes in all directions. I was in the front when a fire engine came behind me wanting to get through. A police car was beside the fire engine and as the traffic on the road with the green light had stopped I pulled off with care through the red light to let the fire engine through. I wasn't sure what the reaction with the police car would be but when he passed me soon after I was greeted by a big grin and a wave!:)

Archived