South America with the Connie

mglan80

Recently picked up openLC South America for a round the world in the L-049 Constellation.  So far, so good!

Waiting for captain and crew in Trinidad.  Looks hot.

jkJEt2L.jpg

Pretty part of the world.  Peninsula de Paria.

E8nd9Y3.jpg

Still climbing over northern Venezuela.

mYp4Heg.jpg

Flightdeck atmosphere...

xi6roeS.jpg

Descending over Parque Nacional Macarao.

EnCM4PV.jpg

Final approach into SImon Bolivar Internacionale.

xqXvoqh.jpg

And just a few other randoms:

8FjK9s5.jpg

E6UfUEj.jpg

You can't go wrong with the Constellation can you.

A magnificent set of images.

I had Simon Bolivar add on in V2.4 and a very interesting place with the incredible sloping runway.

I have yet to try and install any of my SA airports into V4.0 but so far I am having a 80% success rate with the Asian ones:)

9 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

These are some very sublime shots in the Connie over SA. 

Thanks, Sniper. Doesn’t seem to fit your GA and old warbird affection, but it’s fun with four big piston pushers!

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

You can't go wrong with the Constellation can you.

A magnificent set of images.

I had Simon Bolivar add on in V2.4 and a very interesting place with the incredible sloping runway.

I have yet to try and install any of my SA airports into V4.0 but so far I am having a 80% success rate with the Asian ones:)

You really can’t. Probably my favorite one to fly. Great to just cruise in and watch the scenery roll by underneath. 

The approach into Bolivar was interesting. Default ATC brought me over the mountains instead of the ocean. I didn’t look at approach plates to see what’s actual, but it was fun none the less. Short final had a few midrises in the glide slope!!!

8 hours ago, BradB said:

Wow - That last shot is epic !! .

Cheers

John

She does cut a nice profile!

A good series of your flight coming into SA from the north, indeed. I should try the Connie also...!

10 minutes ago, mglan80 said:

Default ATC brought me over the mountains instead of the ocean.

Lovely. I hope that in RL the ATC works slightly better.

8 hours ago, BradB said:

Wow - That last shot is epic !! .

+1!

Excellent ones and I agree, the last one is totally epic!  I just did the McRobertson air race from London to Melbourne so I know what you're about to get into.  But, it's well worth it and please keep posting your progress, these long flights around Orbx's world are always so interesting!

1 hour ago, mglan80 said:
11 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

These are some very sublime shots in the Connie over SA. 

Thanks, Sniper. Doesn’t seem to fit your GA and old warbird affection, but it’s fun with four big piston pushers!

Well, I do love flying the A2A B-17 very much...I just have been missing her in P3D v4, so that is why the Connie keeps calling out to me. Every time I see a nice set of screen shots like these (as well as all the one's Jack has posted) it draws me closer to getting the ole' bird. Still, I sure do want my Accusim B-17 in P3D...

4 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Well, I do love flying the A2A B-17 very much...I just have been missing her in P3D v4, so that is why the Connie keeps calling out to me. Every time I see a nice set of screen shots like these (as well as all the one's Jack has posted) it draws me closer to getting the ole' bird. Still, I sure do want my Accusim B-17 in P3D...

It's well worth it Landon, I loved all those flights in it and it has suck classic lines.  

Jack, I followed most of your tour. It is a lot of fun. I’ve done a few through North America and Europe, but not around the world. I’m about a quarter through. Started in Melbourne.  Man, that stretch from Honolulu to San Francisco was boring!

Sniper, hopefully with today’s announcement you won’t have too much longer to wait. I’m hoping July. 

16 minutes ago, mglan80 said:

Sniper, hopefully with today’s announcement you won’t have too much longer to wait. I’m hoping July. 

Yea, that statement and video got me hopeful and excited :)

12 hours ago, mglan80 said:

Jack, I followed most of your tour. It is a lot of fun. I’ve done a few through North America and Europe, but not around the world. I’m about a quarter through. Started in Melbourne.  Man, that stretch from Honolulu to San Francisco was boring!

Thanks!  And yeah, I could imagine, especially if done in real time, things were a lot slower back then.  But what a great plane to see Orbxland!

Archived