Anyone up for a cruise to the PNW?

Jack Sawyer

Special thanks to Larry @Larry_R for pointing me in the right direction vis-a-vis this wonderful cruse liner.  I spent some time setting up cameras and because it's so large it took me a while :lol: with still more to do but it's a lot of fun to see it move along.

ubofC88.jpg

FmQITfZ.jpg

Yx2QMPJ.jpg

hhhDBvg.jpg

mgdFfH4.jpg

F9M3bef.jpg

Yd5uUhI.jpg

Never been on a cruise ship in my life so these things seem absolutely enormous to me!

QrtXxkI.jpg

Now this is a pretty shot.

VbarbXS.jpg

fOTuAgI.jpg

1 minute ago, Sniper31 said:

Very nice tour with the Love Boat Jack...is Isaac still running the bar?:D

Thanks Landon, I never once saw that show so I have no idea who Isaac is. :wacko:

Was that the name of the Love Boat, the Norwegian Pearl?

1 minute ago, Sniper31 said:

No Jack, it was simply the Love Boat...don't know what the actual name of the ship was. All I know is that it was a large cruise ship ;) 

Oh, ok, thanks Landon, I was nevr a big fan of TV or movie.  I haven't watched one second of TV since the fall of the Berlin Wall.  That's how I get so many things done in my life. ;)

Just now, Larry_R said:

Jack,  this is so far over the top... but it's still funny has heck.  Have we all gone off the deep end? :)

Thanks Larry, I just started there and with crash detection off it was no big deal.  I just wanted to see it on the open water.  I had to start somewhere with it, I couldn't start on a runway so I thought this would be as good a place as any.

could make it "fly" and go inverted B):D:lol:

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Oh, ok, thanks Landon, I was nevr a big fan of TV or movie.  I haven't watched one second of TV since the fall of the Berlin Wall.  That's how I get so many things done in my life. ;)

I take it from many of your comments that you think TV and movies are the Devil, Jack, but it is your opinion ;) No issues with me, as you can do whatever you want in life :) For myself, I manage to get very much done during the day and I still squeeze in some TV and LOTS of movies...I love music and movies...but to be fair, I am usually watching movies or listening to music while flying. Besides that, I somehow manage to cycle, hike or run every day despite some personal daily challenges. But hey, at the end of the day, if you have not seen the Love Boat, you really aren't missing anything special at all :D

2 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

I take it from many of your comments that you think TV and movies are the Devil, Jack, but it is your opinion ;) No issues with me, as you can do whatever you want in life :) For myself, I manage to get very much done during the day and I still squeeze in some TV and LOTS of movies...I love music and movies...but to be fair, I am usually watching movies or listening to music while flying. Besides that, I somehow manage to cycle, hike or run every day despite some personal daily challenges. But hey, at the end of the day, if you have not seen the Love Boat, you really aren't missing anything special at all :D

Not at all Landon, I just don't like it for personal reasons, I'm sure there's some good stuff on it.  I like to do many other things and sitting in front of a TV makes me anxious.  I'll PM ya.

Wonderful images as usual Jack and some interesting conversation too.

The love Boat was definitely not my type of programme but I did see bits of it in other peoples houses. We knew it by another name!:o

9 hours ago, adambar said:

Looks like Larry gave you some bum scoop there Jack, no wonder no one is on the ship. :lol:

:lol:  It would be great if it had PeopelFlow wouldn't it?

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful images as usual Jack and some interesting conversation too.

The love Boat was definitely not my type of programme but I did see bits of it in other peoples houses. We knew it by another name!:o

Thanks Martyn, and what was this "other" name?  

7 hours ago, BradB said:

You off to a rocky start there Captain Jack . ;):o:D

Cheers

John

:lol:  Thanks John but I can assure you it was not intentional, I needed a place to start and I simply chose there.

5 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent Jack! :). It's great work by Larry.

Have you been flying it yet? ;):lol:

Thanks Paul, not yet but with popular demand, well, soon. :D

15 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Excellent shots of the ship and surrounding scenery...  Now you need a bridge to cruise under.

Thanks John, the thought has crossed my mind.  Have to find a tall enough bridge though.

5 minutes ago, European Mountain Man said:

Fantastic set of shots Jack on your shot 2 looks like you are nearly on the rocks you could take all the lads on a cruse that would be fun we all would be in the bar what a fun time that would be regards EMM

Thanks Stewart.  Now that would be fun, we could all have a PC in our cabins to fly too.

Just now, BrettT said:

I believe the "Love Boat" was the Pacific Princess.  Seem to remember it from way back in the day when I was a pre-teen.  Neat idea to pilot the boat through!

Thanks Brett!  Larry provided us with that, he gave a link to the ship and there it is.  I like it.

17 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

:lol:  It would be great if it had PeopelFlow wouldn't it?

:lol:  Thanks John but I can assure you it was not intentional, I needed a place to start and I simply chose there.

Thanks Paul, not yet but with popular demand, well, soon. :D

Thanks John, the thought has crossed my mind.  Have to find a tall enough bridge though.

Thanks Stewart.  Now that would be fun, we could all have a PC in our cabins to fly too.

I do not think we would be doing any fling wee all would be in the bar i dount drink but i do on special occasions regards EMM  

Just now, European Mountain Man said:

I do not think we would be doing any fling wee all would be in the bar i dount drink but i do on special occasions regards EMM  

That would be awesome, it would make my year Stewart!

Just now, European Mountain Man said:

some party we need a millionaire to pay us all to meet what fun that would be regards EMM 

It's only money! :lol:  Yeah, I imagine it would cost a fortune.  Or someone could pilot it and go to all of our countries and pick us up.

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I will PM it too you, nothing too bad but the suggestiveness of it may offend any "fragile" readers on here bearing in mind that it is 2018 and all that.:rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

That looks like brilliant parking skills, Jack. Congrats.... and welcome to city driving!

Thanks Gerold, all I did was place the ship there so it parked itself.  Like I said, I just needed a place to start.  I have the PC on and am planning on a cruise around Catalina now.  It'll be "fun" and interesting.

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

I will PM it too you, nothing too bad but the suggestiveness of it may offend any "fragile" readers on here bearing in mind that it is 2018 and all that.:rolleyes:

Can't wait, as I always thought that show was so not funny, I'd see my brothers and sisters watching it and look at it for a few seconds and walked away shaking my head.  

Archived