England all out for 58

To the English cricket followers.

Just had to write this as we don't get into this position very much.  With the huge population of the UK they were all out today for a record:D yes, a dismal 58 pitiful runs, against a Country with only 4 million pop.

With the All Blacks dominating the winter sport in Rugby, now good old Aotearoa bowled the Poms  out (and it is their national summer game:( ) for 58. I believe they play NZ's blind meter maids next:D .

guess who.

This has got nothing to do with flight sim and should be removed immediately.:lol::lol::lol:

Congrats Jim and to all you cricket mad folks in NZ.

A great achievement.:D

The worst thing is that out of a population of 4 million, 3.5 million are sheep!!!!!!:o

You do have a great excuse JJaycee1, you're coached by an Aussie:D

Bassman, then please stop sending them back by the plane loads, I mean they're the top crop of what we got:P we send them to you, we don't want them back, nor the other 30,000, I mean they're lovely young men, it's just they can't stop assaulting you guys, robbing your Banks and shooting a few of you too.:wub:

VH-KDK ( oh goodness sorry completely forgotten your name, I know it too) We are crafty over here.  Remember Shrek, the ewe that hid for 8 years from mustering, well we got more for her wool that way;). Something you roo eaters would never have thought of.:blink:

Bye meantime, good fun, thanks Orbx for allowing it.

Jim and the above team.

22 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

As an American, I am in that minority of English-speaking persons who don't have a clue about cricket. Please explain: is it some sort of sport or a kind of deficiency?

Don't worry Rodger as the current English team are in the same boat as you!:lol::lol::lol:

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, JimNZ said:

To the English cricket followers.

Just had to write this as we don't get into this position very much.  With the huge population of the UK they were all out today for a record:D yes, a dismal 58 pitiful runs, against a Country with only 4 million pop.

With the All Blacks dominating the winter sport in Rugby, now good old Aotearoa bowled the Poms  out (and it is their national summer game:( ) for 58. I believe they play NZ's blind meter maids next:D .

guess who.

Jim, now I know why England were out for 58, you lot got ball tampering lessons from the Aussies when you were recently playing over here.

You lot must be smart though, as you didn't get caught.:lol::lol::lol:

There’s one thing us brits have over you lot wether it’s Australian, New Zealand the good ol USA and loads more, you speak bloody English. Ha ha ha. I’m only joking. We love you all and wish we still owned you and we would be rich. He he. Derek. 

• 1 year later...
On 3/29/2018 at 1:52 AM, Dadtom65 said:

There’s one thing us brits have over you lot wether it’s Australian, New Zealand the good ol USA and loads more, you speak bloody English. Ha ha ha. I’m only joking. We love you all and wish we still owned you and we would be rich. He he. Derek. 

This puzzles me, Dad. When I was in England I never heard once heard English spoken with a proper accent. But you still have my affection anyway.  :D

That's the beauty (or bain, whichever way you look at it) of English and, I must say England, that there is such a variety of of accents here.  If you want to hear English spoken properly, the the more educated parts of Scotland is the place to be.

On 3/25/2018 at 10:46 AM, Rodger Pettichord said:

As an American, I am in that minority of English-speaking persons who don't have a clue about cricket. Please explain: is it some sort of sport or a kind of deficiency?

It's kind of like a grasshopper. :huh:

On 3/24/2018 at 11:46 PM, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hello Rodger,

the cricket sits on a low wooden stool, known as a cricket and watches cricket.

Apparently if you wish to read this in the correct accent, you need to be educated and from Scotland.

45 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Now I understand. Thanks, Scott.

I only just now realised this thread was so old.  My comment was in jest of course Rodger.  I'm sure you know, but here is some footage of the sport known as cricket, just for anyone else who may not know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY41X9sfxlA

5 minutes ago, Scott Harmes said:

My comment was in jest of course.  Here is some footage of the sport known as cricket:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY41X9sfxlA

This one's better though, thanks to 'our' English Kiwi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrIew7-4isI
:D

Plus reaction:
https://youtu.be/VCkl8RBX8IM?t=38

The next Test is going to be a 'ripper'...

Cricket rules:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out

When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out

Sometimes you get men still in and not out
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out

When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game

I can't understand what's so hard about that.

Archived